Dragon's Dogma 0.298

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.298

Thanks for the answer :)
It is now clear for me.

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SaraGames
I've played game on xbox, so not planning any soon before mod will be fully done or something like that. And right now i've started to make detailed shadows for player lantern, may be in next release it will be available.

Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be very soon. I've used ENB with skyrim for several years. I was just confused about the cause of the double shadow since no one else mentioned it. Thank you very much again!

*master*

i don't know that much about texture/modeling, but isn't there a way to redo the grass models/textures? same way as people change armor textures etc.
is it even the normal map in the file of the grass that the game uses for that wrong shadows? i don't know. but i think reworking the grass may be a good solution. if there is a modeller here that is able to do it.

benhat wrote:i don't know that much about texture/modeling, but isn't there a way to redo the grass models/textures? same way as people change armor textures etc.
is it even the normal map in the file of the grass that the game uses for that wrong shadows? i don't know. but i think reworking the grass may be a good solution. if there is a modeller here that is able to do it.
It is possible to manipulate textures and it's also possible to import a lot of models (except environments) to 3DS Max as of now.
However model export is not finished currently, I hope codeman (developer of the 3DS Max script) will finish support for DD export/import soon.

Speaking of which...

Boris
Do you think it would be possible to add a debug option to ENB that draws the texture name on top of the texture? I don't know if it's possible (not sure if ENB even hooks into the game engine in a way that it could fetch the file names) but I think it would be a good feature for texture modders so they can spot very low resolution textures that really need an overhaul without relying on the messy file structure outside of the game. Just an idea.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Vuze
I can't detect name of textures for any version of my mods, almost never touching process memory and only working analytically on drawed data.

Did time of the day separation like in gta5, with dusk and dawn, because sunrise and sunset are not enough. Now only need to finish quality tweaking of detailed shadows for player lantern and may be some other minor things before new release.

*master*

I'm also seeing places where SSAO isn't working that used to work before.
"The Pilgrim's Gauntlet" area: AO off, and set on.

Dro

benhat wrote:i don't know that much about texture/modeling, but isn't there a way to redo the grass models/textures? same way as people change armor textures etc.
I'm working on an inventory of textures https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogmods ... 0_higharc/ to try to find where the major textures area. So far I have found the waving grass textures and changed them but they dont seem to be read ingame