Dragon's Dogma 0.297

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.297

Reppu wrote:Seems that many ppl have problems with loading times 20s-40s (without ENB 2s-4s). And some minor shadow bug (maybe).
As Boris stated multiple times, the longer loading times is caused by shader compilation of the game and some threading restriction that is caused by the game as well. I don't think there is anything more he can do to fix it despite the partial fix that can be enabled in enblocal.ini. If you cannot afford the few more seconds of waiting, limit the framerate to single digit during loading screens, it seems to speed up by a lot.

Vuze wrote:
Reppu wrote:Seems that many ppl have problems with loading times 20s-40s (without ENB 2s-4s). And some minor shadow bug (maybe).
As Boris stated multiple times, the longer loading times is caused by shader compilation of the game and some threading restriction that is caused by the game as well. I don't think there is anything more he can do to fix it despite the partial fix that can be enabled in enblocal.ini. If you cannot afford the few more seconds of waiting, limit the framerate to single digit during loading screens, it seems to speed up by a lot.
Wow enabling the limiter has changed the loading from 40s to 10s ....thanks for this, Boris are you able to setup a [fix] to auto enable frame limiter only on the loading screen, I die in the game that many times so this would be great.

Edit: Or is it possible to hotkey the limiter?

Ferdimage wrote:
Vuze wrote:
Wow enabling the limiter has changed the loading from 40s to 10s ....thanks for this, Boris are you able to setup a [fix] to auto enable frame limiter only on the loading screen, I die in the game that many times so this would be great.

It automatically drops down to 18fps during load screens for me, and I have my fps limit in ENB set to 60fps. Never seen a load time longer than 10 secs.

Idk if this is intended behavior, it didn't start dropping the fps automatically until a recent build.

karull wrote:
Ferdimage wrote:
Vuze wrote:

It automatically drops down to 18fps during load screens for me, and I have my fps limit in ENB set to 60fps. Never seen a load time longer than 10 secs.

Idk if this is intended behavior, it didn't start dropping the fps automatically until a recent build.
I have vsync off and variable fps in the ingame settings, and my loading screen is at 150fps (40sec) but limiting it to 9fps (10sec), kinda strange hey

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fix of loading screens already forcing rendering thread to sleep a lot when shaders are created, but this not helps to some users by unknown reason. Now i made another fix IgnoreLoadingScreen, this is the last thing i can do. Not my bug.

ENBSeries wrote:Fix of loading screens already forcing rendering thread to sleep a lot when shaders are created, but this not helps to some users by unknown reason. Now i made another fix IgnoreLoadingScreen, this is the last thing i can do. Not my bug.
Really appreciate your efforts mate, I'll be ok with this manual process even if your last fix doesnt work.
Just a question can I hotkey the limiter?

Is there a way to tab browse the ENB menu in-game? Or somehow lock down the rendering frame? I'm trying to learn more about SSAO performance but moving the mouse to navigate the menus is constantly fussing the rendering frame while in photo mode.

EDIT: Nm. I switching the mouse sensitivity in-game to 1 and now it barely moves.

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

Sooo what are the "new features"? :o
Btw whatever you did to that Skylighting in the technical screenshots is perfect. You can clearly see the AO on top of it now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wanderjahr
Show up game inventory or menu and press f10 (by default) to hide game hud.

*master*

a couple of oddities

https://youtu.be/maLPfJ9vZ9k

The first is the flashing bush, is this because the leaves are sprites?

The second is my AO and IL visualiser doesn't work?

any ideas?