Dragon's Dogma 0.297

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.297

Dro wrote:
Madpaddy wrote:Cheers Boris the latest version with the DisablePalette=true is a huge improvement thanks again.
is there a secret download for the new version somewhere?
You can just put "DisablePalette=true" under [FIX] in your enblocal.ini with 297.

Dro wrote:
Madpaddy wrote:Cheers Boris the latest version with the DisablePalette=true is a huge improvement thanks again.
is there a secret download for the new version somewhere?
No he just didnt change the ver no, just download it again and you will get the latest version mate.

Guzio wrote:If there are any interiors in this game? I'm at the very beginning and I haven't seen any yet.
There are caves/wells and such. It seems the game doesnt recognize a lot of building interiors as interiors as far as ssao is concerned.

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wanderjahr - thanks for the reply:) I was recently in the Cassardis well, but Enb didn't recognized it as the interior ( from what I noticed in the statistics )

English is not my native language.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super, 64GB ram

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Did ambient color extraction for applying ssao and skylighting, because current public version just use fixed color of it, so ao mixing modes mostly not work as they must (skyrim, oblivion). Also changed a bit skylighting.. Not sure yet about skylighting mixing code, to make it similar to aomixingtype separated, keep it linked to aomixingtype (which is correct, because both are ao) or to bother with longer loading screens and recompile shaders similar to skyrim and apply skylighting directly to ambient color of every object.

dpeasant wrote:Resolutions higher than 1080p make ssao\ssil fps heavier, one has to lower
SizeScale=
SourceTexturesScale=
params to 0.6 or 0.5 to make up for it.
Thanks for mentioning that. I wondered why my CPU cooler became so audible. :)

ENBSeries wrote:Not sure yet about skylighting mixing code, to make it similar to aomixingtype separated, keep it linked to aomixingtype (which is correct, because both are ao
Ideally I'd want the AO to go over (multiply?) Skylighting because right now if I go heavy with Skylighting, which is the only viable way of using it (otherwise it's just not visible enough to be useful), my AO in shadows gets swallowed by it and I can't seem to get it right at all.

Also - is there a way to lower the influence of screen normals buffer on AO. It's really harsh right now making the textures using normal map too much contrasty? edit: ok, fixed this by going from AOType 2 to 1.
- can we have Skylighting enabled during night? Having it's wide occlusion would be really nice.
- does the enbeffect.fx see the DNI separation? Currently if I tweak some night value (during night time) it briefly switches to what I set and than just goes back to day values. (could be because I'm using a Skyrim set enbeffect)

What's less resource intensive?

UseOriginalPostProcessing
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing

OR

ENBEFFECT.FX Vanilla

I'm not messing with COLORCORRECTION or SKY. Why would I chose one over the other? Sorry if this is a noob question. Thanks a lot for everybody's help.

EDIT: Ok, I think I answered my own question. Using UseOriginalPostProcessing and UseOriginalObjectsProcessing since I want the vanilla look and I'm not correcting any color anywhere except contrast and the contrast slider isn't granular enough to justify using procedural correction so I'll use the effect.txt instead.

Don't mind me.

Enhanced Vanilla ENB for Dragon's Dogma

SSAO SizeScale= Efficiency Calculator

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nattydread
Skylighting and ssao are multiplied already.
I can't reduce amount of normals affected ao, this will break effect and makes ugly triangulation artifacts.
Skylighting cannot be enabled at night, because game disable required data for it and night is black at night.
Enbeffect.fx use day/night separation.

wanderjahr
They are all the same low performance cost things.

Seems that many ppl have problems with loading times 20s-40s (without ENB 2s-4s). And some minor shadow bug (maybe).