Dragon's Dogma 0.296

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.296

It looks amazing, but loading times are still bad for me, loading the game without mod is about 5sec with mod 15sec, but when have to load the save game, with out is also 5-10 but with mod over 40 secs :/
Don't know what's the problem, good pc, with i7 4770k, installed on a WD Black 1TB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not because of hdd or something else like that. Longer time is just shaders creation procedure. If you want to get performance back, enable fps limiter when game is loading and set fps limit to something low, f.e. 20 fps or less.

I'm completely new to ENB (decided to give it a try a week or two ago after buying Skyrim on sale). I noticed in the Skyrim ENB download there's an "enbhost" file in the Wrapper version, but it doesn't exist in the Dragon's Dogma one. I've just been using the injector version, but I noticed there are now some ENB Presets on Nexus and some of them talk about using d3d9.dll which is only found in the WrapperVersion of the main ENB download. Is there something I need to do to get the enbhost.exe file so I can use the wrapper version? I think the presets will probably still work without it, but when I try to drop d3d9.dll into the folder alongside the InjectorVersion things get crazy. Otherwise, I'm super excited to see not only this game getting ENB but updates as frequently as it has thus far! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

enbhost is helper process for memory manager, it is not implemented in Dragon's Dogma version, because not required. You may use injector or wrapper version (but only one of them), it doesn't matter at all, expect the way they are initialized and injector have much less conflicts with other applications (better to remove such "other" crapware).

Ah okay, so it was just there for Skyrim (as an example) because it was required in order for the application to even work. If I just drop the WrapperVersion in and launch the game that should be enough then for it to recognize ENB then? I didn't realize that. I'm sorry. :( I thought enbhost was the actual process required for the game to launch with ENB enabled.

OK, it fixed it a lot now, do u think u could tweak even more in the future? Too bad there isn't a button to enable disable the limiter, without going in the menu. But the mod is still amazing, thanks.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

reminkly
Mod itself is d3d9.dll or enbseries.dll. Injector cannot start without enbinjector.exe running before starting the game, but wrapper version is automatically attached the game and don't need to start enbinjector.exe. Just to let you know, enbhost.exe is started by d3d9.dll or enbseries.dll, if required, but not for Dragon's Dogma version of the mod, so you may delete it or keep it, doesn't matter.

Arrchangelll
I can increase sleeping time much more at loading screens, but this will look like heavy stuttering i suppose. Will try for next version.

Folks, does anyone tried to fly on harpies by playing with small character? I don't have time now to try out that, but would be lovely to be able to do that without dropping after several seconds. Guess also that require muscles of the character to hold enemy long enough.

Thanks for the help! I'm really happy you've provided us with this for DD :)

Folks, does anyone tried to fly on harpies by playing with small character? I don't have time now to try out that, but would be lovely to be able to do that without dropping after several seconds. Guess also that require muscles of the character to hold enemy long enough.
Well bigger character are better at it, but someone says that small ones can fly longer, but u will get dropped sooner or later.

Kalicola, try this texture.
"Reduced aura on weapons, removed aura for lanterns."
http://a.pomf.cat/spaixo.rar