Dragon's Dogma 0.295

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.295

Effects are looking much better great job on that, but this version GREATLY increased loading times for me. It went from a few seconds to well over a minute on a SSD...

Oh and i don't know if you saw in the other thread my question about being able to control the brightness of light effects since they are extremely bright with HIGH HDR, if you already saw it sorry don't mean to bother.

Also, I know you said you don't modify anything with the mouse, but I still have the mouse cursor speed issue, and it ONLY happens once ENB loads up in this particular game. If I alt tab out of the game, the speed returns to normal, but if I alt+f4 to get exit the game while the speed is messed up, it will stay messed up. I have no idea what else could cause it, I've never seen this happen before even with other versions of ENB. I'm not trying to say you're wrong or need to fix it or anything like that, I just want to report a possible bug/issue, or even maybe someone knows what the issue is on my end if there is one and can help me fix it.

I have a question: So we have to tweak the ENB ourselves in order to get it to work? Or can we use the 'settings' that it comes with.
Though I've made a ton of INI tweaks, I haven't tweaked an ENB before, so I'm scared I'll break something >,<

I've got the windowed mode cursor bug too. I suppose it has to do with the GUI.

Thanks for the update though, it works a lot better now and it looks fantastic.

*sensei*

MonarchX wrote:In DD:DA with this ENB, I get an error about Deferred Rendering NOT being enabled and yet I do not see an option for it anywhere in the ENB. I think it was meant for Skyrim ENB, which had Deferred Rendering option under [GLOBAL]. I copied that option from Skyrim ENBLocal.ini to Dragon's Dogma ENBLocal.ini and then my PC froze, I got a violent-adernaline BSOD, power went out and my videocard fried! :D No, of course not, but copying that line didn't help. I assume its just a vistigial error from Skyrim ENB.

I do see Brute Force option though. It makes a difference when enabled. So much difference than my PC can't pull 10fps!

EDIT: ReShade and ENB do not work together in this game like they usually do with:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=ReShade32.dll (I tried a variety of names, but ReShade only works when ReShade32.dll is renamed to D3D9.dll, which can only be done if ENB D3D9.dll is removed/renamed/moved, etc.).
It works for me, though im using older 0.16 version(its much lighter).
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=d3d95.dll

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MonarchX
It's just one of the best games i have on xbox. Don't think it will be popular in modders community, because game is based on greate battle system and mods for the game would be targeted that feature instead of modding everything you see like in Bethesda games. The problem is in thouse modders who making tools for the game, they ignore games which are not prooved to be moddable already and very popular, like GTA and TES series.
I don't have guides, because versions of the mod differ a lot and i'm not capable of writing docs for each of them. For me much simpler to develop the mod than writing papers.
Ignore startup message about defer disabled, i forgot to remove it.

TwoArmedMan15
I don't think texture replacers will work fine, because it's dx9 game and have similar memory limitations as f.e. Skyrim, now almost all drivers have limit of 4 gb video memory in dx9 (even for 6 and 12 gb videocards), so there is no way to add textures without crashes, at least not that easy. Custom memory manager like ENBoost should work or may be game itself can handle streaming properly, but only for modified game files.

gpsoones
Open mod menu by pressing shift+enter keys and tweak parameters there or download shaders from Skyrim Nexus web site, they are compatible (enb presets is separate category in there). I'll release my preset later, it just configured for prologue scene. Ambinent occlusion is the most useful thing for the game now. Also the issue could be in wrong video options, they must be maxed and hdr set to high.

karull
I can't do anything with loading times, have no idea what is wrong with it. Will spend time on this later, probably another strange game hooks of winapi function.
I've said that high hdr is must have setting to work with the mod and asking for tweaks of parameters from the early mod version is a silly.
Mouse is not altered by the mod, the only thing i do is reading mouse keys and cursor position by standart functions used by every software. Better ask other users if this bug occur, because it could be crapware.

nater117
You may use default file, it have ambient occlusion enabled and it's enough to change a lot in the game. But read STEP guide or docs on my site how configure ssao/ssil properly for high quality and performance balance, it depends from screen resolution and display physical size, display resolution, own preference are matters. You may edit values at the beginning of enbeffect.fx shader and reload this shader in the game by presing buttons "load config"->"apply changes" in mod editor (shift+enter keys toggles it). Because

Code: Select all

#define POSTPROCESS	2
set in there, parameters for editing are:

Code: Select all

float	EAdaptationMinV2=0.05;
float	EAdaptationMaxV2=0.05;//0.125;
float	EToneMappingCurveV2=8.0;
float	EIntensityContrastV2=1.2;
float	EColorSaturationV2=1.0;
float	EToneMappingOversaturationV2=30.0;
Personally i have higher EIntensityContrastV2 for prologue, different EToneMappingCurveV2 and increased brightness in [COLORCORRECTION] category of enbseries.ini. Later i'll make preset, but now it's better to get any from Skyrim Nexus web site, it have many presets for the mod and shaders are fully compatible with Skyrim version (enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini are not).

*master*

@boris
i could not get effect.txt to work correctly. is it supposed to work yet?
as soon as i put it in, the image gets corrupted.

*master*

benhat wrote:@boris
i could not get effect.txt to work correctly. is it supposed to work yet?
as soon as i put it in, the image gets corrupted.
It works here. I use it for sharpening.

*master*

thanks wickfut.
can you upload your effect.txt maybe? so i can see what the difference is?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

benhat
effect.txt is supported. But file format for it is 10 bits for color channels and 2 bits for alpha, so any alpha utilization shaders will look ugly. Not sure, may be i'll change to 64 bit format at cost of performance, because can't use old 8 bit per channel format as game colors are corrupted in dark areas even with 10 bit per channel.

Checked why loading screens are much longer. It's shaders creation functions. I have no idea why at game start shaders creation time is much faster than while loading. Thread priority is the same, forcing all threads to normal priority doesn't help. Even tried to dump shaders which created at loading and create them manually at game start - 4 times faster. May be memory fragmentation, don't know, this is the first time i see such behavior. I can disable creation of original copies of shaders and to create only modified, but then shift+f12 will not restore game to original state and loading times will be reduced just twice, which is not enough (8 sec without mod, 55 with it).

*master*

benhat wrote:thanks wickfut.
can you upload your effect.txt maybe? so i can see what the difference is?
Just pull the one linked on my page for Dark Souls 2, that's what I'm using.