Dragon's Dogma 0.294

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.294

I've never installed an enb before, I've tried following a few tutorials but I'm having no success.

Which exact files do I need?
Do you have a link to an installation process that will work for this?

Thanks.

*sensei*

Heh, found the issue with the effects not being applied. Didn't have HDR set to high.

Getting these little black specks in the distance, though. They don't go away with ENB being toggled on/off. Might just be some driver nonsense.

In outside areas the AO creates these dark lines everywhere. Like a cut off shadow. The AO effect looks really weird close to the swaying grass, can be fixed somewhat by lowering AO amount but then you lose the nice AO details in other places. In dark areas like caves the AO is very visible through the darkness. Plus ENB for this game produces dark outlines by the hair regardless of AO is on or off. Otherwise this is nice quite.

*master*

FiftyTifty wrote:Getting these little black specks in the distance, though.
I have the same issue over here. It's not influenced by ENBseries.
Patney wrote:In outside areas the AO creates these dark lines everywhere.
As mentioned, the default settings aren't tuned. Try mine.

*master*

anyone experiencing this contrast issues? if you are in a dark area, and try to lighten blacks just a tiny little bit, it is as if it brightnes 10x as strong. also in loadingscreen at the beginning. even dithering in effect.txt is very visible, it should not even be registered by the eye.
is this something on my side? it looks like something is messing with texture inputs?

roxahris wrote:
Patney wrote:In outside areas the AO creates these dark lines everywhere.
As mentioned, the default settings aren't tuned. Try mine.
The problem is even worse with those files for some reason, and made the entire image look like a bright low quality gif. Were they not made to go with the default enbseries.ini settings?

*master*

benhat wrote:anyone experiencing this contrast issues? if you are in a dark area, and try to lighten blacks just a tiny little bit, it is as if it brightnes 10x as strong. also in loadingscreen at the beginning. even dithering in effect.txt is very visible, it should not even be registered by the eye.
is this something on my side? it looks like something is messing with texture inputs?
I'm not sure with what parameter you're trying to lighten darker areas since your shader parameters does something different than mine. But i don't think in the current state of game not entirely possible to lighten up darker areas without causing issues. As Boris described on his previous posts those areas in current game are epic buggy. I'm sure this wasn't your answer but what i'm trying to tell right now doesn't seem possible to have a decent result in darker areas right now. Especially in game Day/Night luminance difference is huge. When you try to set things work in Day, Night goes wrong and when you set things based on Night then Day time goes wrong. Due to issues in darker areas (not sure if i have to call it as a contrast issue) any stylized color grading became a also pain and not need to mention it also gives wrong result depend DN situations. I tried almost 10 different color grading code indepentent from Palette/3D LUT but nada, without finding a solution in such matter only subtle channel mixing or rgb balance stuff will be possible it seems so.

*master*

Patney wrote:Were they not made to go with the default enbseries.ini settings?
Oh, I forgot to reorganize the file structure. You'll want to use the files in the enbseries folder - remove the ones in the game directory or replace the ones there with the ones from the folder.

*master*

@Tansarville
same here. i settled for very subtle changes in color grading which do not touch blacks. also disabling any adaptation code is beneficial because of those buggy blacks.
i also found that the standard bloom file without bilinear filtering in enbeffect produces better results than prods bloom approach.

*master*

benhat wrote:@Tansarville
same here. i settled for very subtle changes in color grading which do not touch blacks. also disabling any adaptation code is beneficial because of those buggy blacks.
i also found that the standard bloom file without bilinear filtering in enbeffect produces better results than prods bloom approach.
I'll check it thanks for the info. It's too early to talk anyway, i hae high hopes at least some part of that issue wil be fixed by Boris soon :) At least my hearts wishes that.