Dragon's Dogma 0.294

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Dragon's Dogma 0.294

I copied over the SweetFX shaders I did for Fallout 4 (nothing game specific in the shaders), but they just don't have any effect on the final image.

http://pastebin.com/w3teciqJ

I don't think I copy-pasted at the wrong place, and the shaders work just fine when copy-pasted to Oblivion, New Vegas & Skyrim.

The odd part, is that ENB doesn't throw any errors.

Ok so it seems having HDR set to LOW makes ENB not work? Hopefully this can be fixed because I do not like HIGH "HDR" (all it does is make the glow from light sources extremely bright).

Also, the FixSsaoHairTransparency setting seems to cause issues with hair (was seeing black blocks on long hair characters and dark outlines on some facial hair). Not sure if this is actually an issue but figured id point it out.

*sensei*

Boris
Was just wondering since it saves me some code, i am most used to not have DNI lately anyhow from ReShade^^
Thank you :)

*master*

Ok as you said Boris everything we can use Skyrim shaders no problem. I already cropped Skyim related AGCC section and Skyrim Bloom/Adaptation section from textures and done. Rest can be used with anything we want. That is working correct.

However I'm having a issue with AO. It seems Ao working on only specific camera angle. I can take a shot but i don't think it would help you to identify it depend on camera angle. At the proluge section AO was working very well but after i finished prologue started to having issue with AO working. Tried to delete and test with your default files also to see if did something wrong but no, nothing changed.

About artifacts in dark areas. I'm not sure if we are talking about same thing but it must be same. Especially during night time artifacts in dark areas can be observed like a rainbow there. I don't know how to make tweaks during night time with that artifacts. I can even tell they can be observed during day time with specific Color Grades require some lift adjustments (some washed, low contrast film stock luts)

I haven't made anything detailed, just touring but here is a day time scene with Prod's Bloom shader and with subtle Vision Color 3D lut graded.

I think i don't need to show this but... This is without using anything. Even activating ENB make artifacts very noticeable. Reducing contrast and such other methods don't work to avoid that issue.

Not sure if it's possible to avoid such all issues, just reporting anyway. And imo Dday/Night Seperation is one of most important thing game needs. And i'm %100 agreed with you. It's a very good game (played on console same as you) and i can't even belive people compare this game with crap Dark Souls.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty
Can't test shader now, but any skyrim shader will work. The only things are commented out or removed are an exception. For example skyrim bloom and adaptation textures removed, but if they exist in the shader, then enb bloom and adapation will be set to that textures. Time of day and other parameters are set to their default values, but not used, so again everything should work. Name of technique doesn't matter, i changed it to "Draw", but it's not requirement. Of course game post processing unsupported, because no data of constants passed to the mod and to shader.

karull
HDR=high is the only supported one and will be always.
Also, the FixSsaoHairTransparency setting seems to cause issues with hair
Can't do anything about that, game have bugs with some objects drawed to depth and normals in reversed triangle culling order and ssao or dof produce awful bugs then.

Tansarville
As i said, unable to test game, nobody shared saves and i did the mod for first scene only.
That color banding is unfixable via dithering or any other methods available to users, except very heavy grain noise. Wait till i find solution to compress color space without oversaturation artifacts.

*master*

how do you enter a mode for editing ingame? like in skyrim with open console and "tm", freezes game and let's you tweak visuals directly in ENB GUI.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm using menu and turn it off by hide gui feature of the mod.

ah that sucks about the HDR, I can live with it though.

Something else I noticed, there is a missing black screen when you sleep at an Inn, and I think it is also missing from when you go to a new area (like leaving Gran Soren).

EDIT: A good way to edit the settings in game is to start a conversation with a random NPC, as long as you don't hit enter to apply any settings (doing this will continue dialog and eventually end the conversation) you will be able to click and type in stuff freely.

I'll attach a save, I have the eternal ferrystone so you can travel to different areas as many times as you want, and I custom travel points set in the north and southwest. It's not very far into the game, and I only have a few classes unlocked.

EDIT: file deleted

*master*

It's ok, you released a ENB binary for it by far that i'd imagined :) It's a start and i wonder where it will be ended.

I pointed DN seperation is priority in game in my opinion because day time adjustment, light levels way too difference than night time. To use a proper Bloom intensity in the scene during day time without blowing things (especially the ground) require at least 0.300 Black level or threshold. And in this example i must point i don't use the blending algorithm in the default enbshader you use. I use standart additive algorithm color+=bloom*EBloom.. So Bloom tweaks has a huge impact in the scene. Night times require abit less black level to trigger bloom due to over dark atmosphere. Which is why DN seperation in soon would give really nice benefit.

Anyway here is with Color Graded + Bloom with 0.300 + filmic tonemapping. Until the time you say ''this is it, can't be better than that'' i'll keep it without played.

*master*

In some circumstances, it seems the SSAO vanishes. Here it's vanished, here looking at the ceiling made it pop in.
Here's a save when it occurs. I've done some quests, too, if that helps testing.