Fallout 4 0.293

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.293

I guess I can just capture an image with those older Non-Neutral LUT's and these newer Neutral LUT's and compare because it doesn't seem very different on my monitor. Whites didn't get any whiter, but Night-Time got extremely bright even with the Darkest setting with Darker Nights mod...

If previous Non-Neutral LUT's had added contrast and ceiling at level 235 instead of 255, then there should've been a pronounced black crush/clipping. Seeing, how these true Neutral LUT's brightened night times, I figured that maybe those Non-Neutral LUT's were somehow adjusted to use the game's blackest level, which could be above 0. The game could've been badly mastered, like some films that use high grayscale levels for blacks instead of using level 0.

I have 2 major dilemma's about Neutral LUT's:
1. Neutral LUT's do serve a great purpose for ENB and ReShade modding, but does it make much sense to use them for vanilla ENB presets? They make the game overly color-less and gloomy, which is what Fallout is all about, but maybe its taking it a bit too far...
2. Does it make much sense to use Neutral LUT's with Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks? Here's the link to the mod itself - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... 2139&pUp=1 . It adjusts overly bright lighting, which Neutral LUT's also remove by default.

So will VX AO be available future Fallout 4 ENB releases? If not, then how are we going to get it? BTW, from what I read about HBAO+, it actually performs faster than many SSAO implementations! The source of this information is very credible - NVidia :lol: .
Last edited by MonarchX on 22 Jan 2016, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*master*

Just for verification, these are the Non-Neutral LUT's we are discussing - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... 1016&pUp=1 , correct?
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*master*

Correct.

I'm not knocking the guy. I'm just saying they are not neutral in that they do in fact modify the image and add some contrast and move the white point.

The game is outputting sRGB full range 0-255 already before Bethesda's LUTs kick in and add contrast and saturation.

My sRGB LUTs do nothing to the image and the output is as it would be raw from the game camera before hitting Bethesda's LUTs. This is to be expected since I used an untouched LUT image for these. Setting "UseOriginalColorFilter" to "False" in ENB essentially does the same thing. It bypasses the Bethesda LUTs.

My Rec.709 LUTs do move the black and white points, but they are supposed to since Rec.709 is 16-235. For that set I'm compressing sRGB output from the game into Rec.709 colorspace for those who want it. I'm not clipping the color but rather compressing the output range. Even then, if someone is using a post process injector or even an ENB config that brightens/darkens the image, the 16-235 color range can be defeated.

EDIT: We are getting a bit OT here though, and I don't want to make Boris mad. I'd be glad to discuss this with you over PM either here or on the Nexus.

MonarchX wrote:I guess I can just capture an image with those older Non-Neutral LUT's and these newer Neutral LUT's and compare because it doesn't seem very different on my monitor. Whites didn't get any whiter, but Night-Time got extremely bright even with the Darkest setting with Darker Nights mod...

If previous Non-Neutral LUT's had added contrast and ceiling at level 235 instead of 255, then there should've been a pronounced black crush/clipping. Seeing, how these true Neutral LUT's brightened night times, I figured that maybe those Non-Neutral LUT's were somehow adjusted to use the game's blackest level, which could be above 0. The game could've been badly mastered, like some films that use high grayscale levels for blacks instead of using level 0.

I have 2 major dilemma's about Neutral LUT's:
1. Neutral LUT's do serve a great purpose for ENB and ReShade modding, but does it make much sense to use them for vanilla ENB presets? They make the game overly color-less and gloomy, which is what Fallout is all about, but maybe its taking it a bit too far...
2. Does it make much sense to use Neutral LUT's with Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks? Here's the link to the mod itself - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/ ... 2139&pUp=1 . It adjusts overly bright lighting, which Neutral LUT's also remove by default.

So will VX AO be available future Fallout 4 ENB releases? If not, then how are we going to get it? BTW, from what I read about HBAO+, it actually performs faster than many SSAO implementations! The source of this information is very credible - NVidia :lol: .
nvidia vxgi works like ray tracing doing global illumination combined with a screenspace ao effect based around using voxels to calculate volume space instead of using ray tracing which is much much slower its also designed around maxwell architecture and will more then likely run very bad on anything but maxwell or amd fury line cards. The ao boris does works, is far better then bethesda's ssao and the current hbao+ being used is in beta and is most likely going to change if people do not like it

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You can get realy wonderful Lighting Results out of the Updated Engine 1000x better then what you get from Skyrim :)

For everyone who want to tweak HBAO+ to his ENB better :)

The configuration is in the Fallout4Prefs.ini under

[NVHBAO]

@Boris
Can you add Realtime Manipulation via ENB for it or don't you get access to the module ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I will not modify own game ao techniques and turn them all of as only activate mine.

*master*

Has there been any progress in development? Looks like Dragon's Dogma is getting the priority, but I am not complaining because I like it too!

I still don't understand why Sky Dithering changes the color of the sky itself, not just by making it dimmer, but by changing the hue, which is even more important than saturation when it comes to color accuracy. ReShade Dithering or FilmGrain or Grain from either CustomFX or SweetFX doesn't do that. I know it can be turned off, but I just wonder if Sky Dithering can stay without the hue change.

Then I also noticed ENB PostProcess Sharpening leaves a LOT of ringing. It can be witnessed in the original Settlement - Sanctuary when looking at electricity conduction cables on those huge polls. Those wires are almost 1 or 2 pixels-thick when used with TAA and ENB PostProcess creates very obvious white ringing around the cable.

Have you ever though about integrating a feature similar to ReShade CustomFX TuningPalette feature, which is pretty much a very extensive LUT (4096 x 64). DispcalGUI/ArgyllCMS can generate LUT's calibrated to a specific monitor to improve accuracy for ReShade TuningPalette, but I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for ENB. A LUT is just a PNG file. I am sure you know it all.

*master*

Concerning the LUT question, someone actually already ported that functionality over to ENB here:

[HLSL CODE] 3D LUT

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MonarchX
I do not care what is in ReShade and will not implement that. All the shit with post processing do not bother me.
I still don't understand why Sky Dithering changes the color of the sky itself
Answered long time ago. It's because original game dithering is additive.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Looks Scary as hell that Neck color response from the Custom CBBE in Shadows :(

Or is it by Default a Problem with Shadows again and indirect Ambient Light ?

Bethesda not again and this time with PBR are you Nuts a simple Directional Light and no simple self illumination inside Shadows :(

They should rather have implemented VXGI then Tesellated Volumetric shit :(

When will this finally End ?

I can't believe this so much Lighting improvements change to a deferred Renderer but this got totally ignored in the contrary it became even worse.

This is so wrong

Ahh they added a Rim light by default, thus why one half of the face is in shadow and the other lighting up so strange why doing it in such a crazy way oh man.

Temp fix

Though still no solution for Days colors do not get lost in our faces when we stand in shadows in Daylight.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard