TES Skyrim 0.292

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.292

evok99 wrote:Everytime I move the camera, the shadows move with me. What is causing this?

Here is my preset:
http://www.speedyshare.com/Xgtta/Standard.7z
Hi Evok - That is because you are using the current version of SFX and ReShade. It is a known issue when running on Windows 10 with Nvidia drivers for Dx9 and Skyrim. Never found a solution myself. Using older SweetFX also doesn't work because if you remove dxgi.dll file (which is a suggested fix that doesn't work) all it does is remove the error messages - but the actual effects won't run as it essentially disables SFX.

In short you can't use SweetFX or Reshade with windows 10, Nvidia, and Skyrim that I know of. I, along with many others, have been looking for a solution and so far haven't found one. I know two AMD users who run it find but only one Nvidia user, that I know about, claims they got it working but when asked how they didn't provide details.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thank you for the response Wolf. That's really too bad that we can't use Reshade. Dang, dang, dang!

*master*

I don't know about Reshade and I don't try to run Skyrim under Windows 10, but I know someone who has gotten SweetFX to work on Windows 10 using older Nvidia drivers (353.30). As I understand it, current versions of dxgi.dll (like those found in newer versions of SweetFX) require newer DirectX libraries to work. Skyrim doesn't provide these because it's a DirectX9 game. If you're using Windows 10, you could try copying d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll from your \Windows\System32 directory into your Skyrim directory to see if your SweetFX configuration works then. I suppose it's also possible that Windows 10's wonderful file blocking is preventing SweetFX from running, but people seem to be able to run it with other games like Witcher 3. If that's the issue, you can unblock the Skyrim directory. I have no way to test this, so these are just guesses.

Using older drivers may not be an option for people also hoping to play Fallout4 - I don't know, I don't own the game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks Maeldun - will do some more fiddling. I tried the copy of system DLL's with no lock but will check the blocking.

It isn't critical to me - I just miss three of my favorite ENB's - two by Insomnia (Tobie) and one by Saltr.

*sensei*

Why the hell would you use SweetFX/ReShade with an ENB? Most of the important effects (Tonemapping, Cineon DpX, Technicolor) are extremely easy to port. I even made a thread where ya can download some of the effects I already ported.

Once I figured out the change in syntax from ReShade -> ENB, it took under two minutes for me to port Color Filmic Tonemapping to ENB. Don't bother using ReShade when ya've got ENB, niggas.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Quick update - found someone else got it working. So it seems to be some unusual combination of things that either lets it work ... or is preventing it from working.

Regardless enough people have talked to me now who got it working to indicate it isn't as absolute as first thought.

Now if only I can figure out why it isn't working on my PC I will be a happy camper. Can also tell a few other folks about the solution if I can figure it out.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty wrote:Why the hell would you use SweetFX/ReShade with an ENB? Most of the important effects (Tonemapping, Cineon DpX, Technicolor) are extremely easy to port. I even made a thread where ya can download some of the effects I already ported.

Once I figured out the change in syntax from ReShade -> ENB, it took under two minutes for me to port Color Filmic Tonemapping to ENB. Don't bother using ReShade when ya've got ENB, niggas.
I don't know how to import it or else I would.

*master*

wolfgrimdark
Have you tried the older drivers? That's what got it to work for the person I was helping. Newer Nvidia drivers (coincidentally when they started linking them to GeForce Experience) abandon some backward compatibility so that may be a factor.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Maeldun wrote:wolfgrimdark
Have you tried the older drivers? That's what got it to work for the person I was helping. Newer Nvidia drivers (coincidentally when they started linking them to GeForce Experience) abandon some backward compatibility so that may be a factor.
The only thing I haven't. I am not keen on rolling back my drivers that far and I suspect it would lock me in on them. I doubt Nvidia is going to change their practice and add in more backwards compatibility later on. Much as I like those three ENB's I don't care enough about using SFX with Skyrim to want to limit my drivers which affects everything and not just Skyrim.

Also Nas was chatting with me and she has current drivers, windows 10, Nvidia, and was able to get SFX using fine. I trust she knows what she is saying which means new drivers can work with it. She did upgrade from windows 8.1 (and possibly an earlier OS ... should ask Nas that) while I had a fresh PC with nothing on it before except win10 professional. Could also be something about my card. So many variables. We were thinking she might have some left over files that got it working for her.

More just stubbornness and curiosity than anything at this point. Why does it work for some and not others type of thing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
It seems that the enblocal.ini suffers from the missing parameters in the file issue I reported earlier, the enbseries.ini is working as it should though.