Fallout 4 0.291

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.291

Ok, no need to be sorry. I'll try to fake some of my enb settings trough ReShade then, if possible.

ENBSeries wrote:Yes. As soon as i'll be sure that water will not be changed in some of future Bethesda patches.
That's awesome. I'm looking very much forward to it. :)

I know you will not be working on this for some time but I have a request of something you might be able to look into when you do. FO4 dumbs data from memory as soon as you leave a worldspace/cell so entering the same location again requires reloading the resources, would be amazing if more was stored in system memory.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i can't do that, this is too much complex task without sources of the game. Better to check if some of game ini (hidden?) parameters may allow to do that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Something is strange with the whole default Bloom Handling Boris Use Original Bloom sometimes seem not to work without Use Original Post Processing at all.

Im on 1.5.157

But else it seems pretty stable :)

not a fan of the Bloom stuff anyways i like clean images though they have some rather nice use cases for it in the Rad Storm Lighting Hit for example, especialy with Nvidias Volumetric Good Rays so here is my current ENB version without Bloom @ all :)

Nvidias Volumetric Tessellation is really Performance Killing i guess it's really arguable if it's a good idea doing it over the Geometry Shader @ all

Enable the Debug Mode here and you have a nice OC GPU Killer ;)

gr debug 1

But yeah most probably way to overdone and more appropriate for a Nuclear Explosion @ it highest Luminance Adaption Peak :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You can see how bloom is applied in the code, bloom texture is just a one for both vanilla and enb version. It may not works only if mod is outdated or bloom parameters passed by game affect it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris did i configured something wrong or is this really the Ultra Distance Rendering by Default ?

What happened here since Skyrim ?

Or do i just imagine Skyrims Distance Rendering looked a lot better in such a lake scene because the Environment wasn't thought to be dead ?

I dunno what's wrong but there is so much blurring going on and FOG everywhere and then this Volumetric FOG that is enabled by default with Nvidias Volumetrics On that creates a total Milky Glass Visual Effect everywhere

This strange Default Fog Volume isn't needed to Render the God Rays isn't it ?

It makes the Distance look like TV Range and it's also laying itself above the Watter areas and causes a Performance Hit virtually everywhere.

This is funny somehow it's Source must have desynced from the Sun Texture :D

debug shows it really has impact virtualy everywhere no matter 3rd person or 1st once enabled

Interesting didn't knew but you can't change the Gametime while in the Pipboy interface, it's acting like TGP and blocking it only without pausing the whole game tasks it seems.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You frequently asking things which i don't know how to answer (and each time with screenshots). How is it possible to compare two different games? And if you don't like something in the game, why to ask me? i'm not the developer of it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry yeah not your Game but if someone knows the Engine and it's Visual capabilities it's you for me it certainly looks like some drawback on the Watter Distance part especialy.

And about Nidias Volumetrics i thought you already did take a look at it because you did so awesome Volumetric work but yeah i guess it's better to look into Nvidias Volumetric Sources and i guess it seems logic the Mesh Rays need something to brake those you fill up a Volume that in other words will mean you change the color balance in some way adding a layer of something that looks like it can be broken and this braking of the Volume Particles creates the Rays you gonna see so you practically see the different color values as the Rays from the Volume the same practically that happened in Far Cry 4 with the different color Atmosphere, there it also had a impact on the whole image once enabled.

This decission really seems to have some Visual impact especially you realize the differences between the clear image parts and the none clear image parts if you do it to aggressively or if you do it to less aggressive even, so you captured in a decision on your Visual impact and when you take it and when not.

I guess that's the major visual difference to image space God Rays like yourself used in Skyrms ENB those never touch the whole image just the parts where they become active, so the contrast can never become so huge from one to the other second.

I guess personalty i realize i don't like this Volume approach because of it's big impact on everything especially when you don't find a good Image Language for it.

I mean Fog is one thing but flooding the whole screen with some kind of Atmosphere FOG just to create a certain Visual effect i dunno, especialy if you want clear image result's it doesn't seem to fit well together.

And in the City Parts of Fallout 4 i realize i absolutely hate this contrast change especially when at a bright clear Sunny day and Sky you FOG parts of the screen out, and here especially if you do it more intense on the background then everywhere else you create FOG at Daytime it feels totally odd to me unless you do it with a certain idea behind it like a chinese city covered in Car Smoke or a Ranbow after Rain :D

I guess this Debug view here also Shows you the FOG Volume that gets added to the whole scene depth

gr debug 2

And i guess you have virtually no control of this once GR is enabled it seems it's hard set how this volume is being emitted from it's light source

I must say i would rather loved to have seen VXGI and great indirect lighting implemented then this :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Omg! Took so many months to figure out why the heck in 0.293 ambient colors are flickering in first level before atomic explosion. Found it accidentally.