Fallout 4 0.291

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.291

TexanWarlord, maybe you can try to work with the NAC plugin to see if it won't help you to get closer to what you are trying to achieve while waiting for the next enb update. I've disabled all the luts, that mainly were the cause of the oversaturation, and tweaked the lighting and the colors of the weathers. (amoung other things including few tweaks to ease the work with enb). I did this plugin for my own enb but also for other preset makers and everyone is welcome to use it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Indeed it works correctly while the console is active and the game paused :)

is UseOriginalColorFilter supposed to disable all the Grading and give a pure SRGB Log Result if disabled ?

The same as if you would enable teofis ?

at least that's how it looks if i disable it looks like a SRGB Log Result (Raw Camera output)

Eh no wait Teofis output is different from the RAW Ungraded Camera output it seems

Teofis Output

Oh even if DOF is disabled there is Dof active in the Dialogue Camera or is this just a simple predefined background blur for AMD Consoles ?

Default Output (Dof Disabled)

ENB (UseOriginalColorFilter disabed)

Boris is that overhead really mostly coming from the TAA ?

around -10 FPS in this case ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know. Game is not designed for good performance at high resolution (it not designed for high performance at all).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris will you implement your Billateral Shadow Filter Pass like in Skyrim i guess it could need it, Shadows fall apart at certain Camera Distance once again :(

Your Billateral Blur was a relatively nice cost effective Solution without changing the The overall Shadow quality only for 1 Specific Distance :)

See that Ugly Result on her Shoulderblade from the Tree Shadow :(

Isn't that the same Radial Blur they used in Skyrim now they use it as a DOF Fake, seems to be straight cut @ the edges ;) ?

Don't think Nvidia and Bethesda gonna invest into Raytraced Shadows for it. most probably the Engine Lead would also go crazy implementing it into the Engine left Budget ;)
Last edited by CruNcher on 16 Apr 2016, 14:17, edited 5 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't remember how shadows are drawed, may be they can't be filtered in screen space

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think they made some solid update since Skyrim overall the result are more pleasing of the whole Lighting Model and they use IBL partly now to tackle the problematic parts, and that rather funny allways light with me (Hollywood Character 3 Point Lighting) :)

Btw could you get more Realtime control of the Character Lighting System not only on/off but also Control of

CL fill
CL rim

independently ?

CL rim 1 [float]

CL fill 1 [float]

Boris it seems they have Umbra implemented now, i guess your occlusion tweak shows not so big gains anymore ?

Could you implement a switch to disable that Dialogue Camera Blur in the Background like you did for the Blur Filter in Skyrim ?

Also could you get Controll over the Specular Hair Shading Model [HairLighting] ?

And the rest of the Specular Parts like in Skyrim, also of the new Dynamic speculariry change of the Rainy Weather parts Hair,Skin,Cloth ? :)

And of course realtime Control of the new SSSSS

[SSSSS]
fSSSSSPower = 4.0

[HairLighting]
fHairPrimSpecScale=0.02
fHairPrimSpecPow=125.0
fHairPrimSpecShift=0.36
fHairSecSpecScale=1.2
fHairSecSpecPow=160.0
fHairSecSpecShift=-0.40

Those Shadows :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Could you implement a switch to disable that Dialogue Camera Blur in the Background like you did for the Blur Filter in Skyrim ?
Yes.
Also could you get Controll over the Specular Hair Shading Model [HairLighting] ?
Not sure yet. In F4 shaders do not contain information which allow to detect their types automatically, so it's greatly reduce amount of features or require much more time to build tables of shaders which are broken after some patches.
Btw could you get more Realtime control of the Character Lighting System not only on/off but also Control of
CL fill
CL rim
independently ?
And the rest of the Specular Parts like in Skyrim, also of the new Dynamic speculariry change of the Rainy Weather parts Hair,Skin,Cloth ? :)
And of course realtime Control of the new SSSSS
Same answer as above.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sounds not good

@Boris

I really believed they would improve on the Indirect and Ambient Lighting after your showcases in Skyrim but they virtualy did nothing except the CL fake, it's so sad to see this still falling apart so 90s :(

i doubt we gonna see VXGI implemented i guess a Proper GI Model is with Skyrim 2 Finaly to come :)

Ubisoft is Driving ahead once again :)

I wonder if it's possible instead of lighting the Model with that CL to rather Self Illuminate it, especially as that CL idea looks so bad and uncontrolled ;)

ENB is telling me that there is an update available.

But there isn't a new update on the website? :?:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ignore that notification, no updates available yet.