Fallout 4 0.291

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.291

You mean in the Intro Scene PreWarSanctuary ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's when player at own house with wife and kid

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah that's it it uses the Default Weather i think 015e which seems to get only used for that Intro Scene or i didn't advanced enough to see it get used again and it's a pain with ENB currently to not oversaturate it and keeping the others on a normal level (actually it's pretty impossible once you turn the saturation knob up you will oversaturate the whole Scene ;)

Default Bethesda

Pure ENB

And the Temporal Result seems pretty stable as well when not overdoing it :)

Boris you maybe found accidetialy also the reason why the Default Specular Bloom Shine gets lost ?

Default Bethesda

Pure ENB + UseOriginalBloom

Either the Default Bloom or ENBs get only active with UseOriginalPostprocessing but that disables the ENB Tonemapping entirely

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Look at the enbeffect.fx shader code, the bloom is applied in original color correction mode only. There is no other post processing types at all, just default game with minimal addons specific to the mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris do you know about a bug that enbeffect.txt settings are'nt displayed anymore yesterday i saved my settings today i start it up but i don't see any enbeffect.txt settings in the Shader Window only the Type Selection it seems my Setup has vanished somehow mybe because i pushed the save button to fast a lot of times (i know crazy todo that but i did and it didn't avoided it) ?

If i select one of the Types nothing is displayed either of the Tonemapp settings strange i guess it corrupted the enbeffect.fx.ini if it deleted it enb should have recreated it on this start i think.

It's there but the Shader Window doesn't show any inputs, really strange i never experienced this behavior before.

I don't see the input fields anymore, they don't get displayed anymore ?

They just seem to have vanished after that last save attack yesterday

Pretty odd i never experienced this with ENB before (disappearing gui input options after saving)

I guess i triggered a bad bug yesterday.

Funny thing it still loads my Settings but nothing gets Displayed and i can't change anything, this side effect can be actually useful as well ;)

Ah no wait those are the Original Post Processing Setup (Raw Camera input, ungraded) it loads by default now but enbeffect.txt.ini is present wtf

Also the Adaption Setup is gone from the Shader Window
Last edited by CruNcher on 15 May 2016, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can't say. But if setting are not displayed, then bug is in shader code, it fails to compile.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Strange i didn't changed anything GFX wise i will restart it one more time and see what happens, maybe Firefox has started utilizing to much resources somewhere in its 3D Engine.

Or wait that isn't correct actually i changed something

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

before i started i changed it to

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096

in the fallout4.ini

interesting if it now lets enb fail to compile it's shaders with the current System Pressure :)

Bloom
Effect
Adaption

seem to have failed but the rest works

Boris could you please give me the option i need to enable the ENB Debug log :) ?

i rarely used that or had to use it but now actually it could be quiet handy to see what's going on :)

i reverted the change .ini change but still bloom,adaption and effect fail to be displayed

Lets see closing Firefox now, if it doesn't work after that i guess i can suspect a file corruption somewhere, better would be the ENB Debug log to get a better overview though and see especialy what the File Parser tells me.

Nope seems not to be a Engine resource fight after all closing Firefox and freeing it's VRAM resources wasn't successful in fixing this, so i guess last logic assumption would be file corruption somewhere due to the multiple save button pushing shortly after each other but i would really like to see what the ENB Debug says, trying to load everything ;)

Anyway i try a restart first maybe Windoze does it's thing ;)

Also nope so only 1 option Left "File Corruption" somewhere due to the Save Function and the Parser doesn't understand it, not nice.

PS: I updated to the new Version and everything is back to normal so my only advice be careful with the Save function and don't hack to fast on that Save button, just calm down and wait ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Save button is absolutely safe, it can't be pressed more than once until data is saved.
Debug informations about failed to compile shaders is available on screen, but it's not my fault if it not displayed, it's compiler do not notify that something is wrong.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So i guess by overwriting that state it was in i killed every evidence of what happened anyways updating the data with the new ENB fixed it and everything seems back to normal so it might have been a random thing and if you say the save function should be safe i of course trust you and since nobody else ever reported such a behavior i leave it as a one time strange System incident.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Search for crapware. Someone recently reported about creepy bug when enbseries.ini data was written to enblocal.ini and it was another soft.