TES Skyrim 0.290

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.290

I recall reading somewhere many months back that there would no longer be any ENB updates for Skyrim, but looks like the work continues. What is so special about Skyrim to have such intensive ENB development? Is it because Skyrim is very popular and has more mods than any other game out there??? Fallout 4 modding will be even greater than Skyrim modding, I think, so ENB development for Fallout 4 will end up just as extensive as ENB development for Skyrim (if not more), won't it?
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

Were it me, I would probably try to create a standardized dll to share between all games, then just create a different dx wrapper for each game that marshals the calls. This way it's less work overall and aside from some bugs showing up here or there, the previous games would make use of any new developments. The wrapper could also do any needed translations for quirks specific to each game.

That being said, Skyrim is still probably the most-played heavily-modded medieval fantasy rpg, especially now that the multiplayer mod is almost to a usable state.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did generic ENBSeries mod for various games many years ago and i was stuck, because not much things can be implemented, it's not comparable to exclusive versions of the mod. Listing useless post process effects like ReShade and SweetFX do is not my choice.
Skyrim development is not over because i have a lot of things to do in it and there are no modding games popular like Skyrim at this moment. Fallout 4 is far worse as a game and it will not have as much mods as Skyrim do, engine also is worse and prevent from making many features i did in Skyrim.

Skyrim development is not over because i have a lot of things to do in it
I don't suppose the as yet unseen ideal of having many shadow-casting lights active at once might be one of these developments?

Two of the biggest things that always annoyed me about Skyrim was that the exterior shadows did not follow the sun and moons and that none or only one light would cast a shadow.