Fallout 4 0.288

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.288

ENBSeries wrote:MrCasual
Okay, i'll try to find optimal way to implement interface. But for sure loading shaders is not possible, compilation time is too big for them, so only changing variables and switching techniques will be available.
Even a little help in this direction would be a Christmas present for this old-timer gamer. I imagine I will be spending some time modding and playing with ENB soon. Just to add my flavor to the game.

Changing lens effect would be very cool to do dynamically based on an item worn, I can get halfway there. Wearing a face mask may have a light blue tint. but wearing welding goggles would have a dark purple tint to the lens effect.

If possible very cool, if not that is cool too. I like to hit them projects hard and fast to see what we can do. :D

I was also thinking something along those lines, overlayed dirt when using goggles or various kind of spectacles. While not a fundamental feature, it may be fun somewhere along the road to get a feature like that.
I guess it may require a script extender to be able to link a specific gear item ID to a new profile , though...

FOSE (for FO4..) was coming to my mind too for something like this. Too early but coming..(ofc without GECK release I can't wait for much)

SkyUI like for Fallout 4 would be the "base" for such things.

*master*

The same overly dark image with heavy banding during Scope use also occurs during Work-Bench use and during Wait/Rest/Sleep process. This happens when Original Adaptation is Disabled and ENB Adaptation is Enabled in ENBSeries.ini . If I enable both, then this issue only occurs during Rest/Wait/Sleep process, so it may be intended to be that way, but only during Wait/Rest/Sleep.
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MonarchX
Adaptation and bloom are not applied in enbeffect.fx, original post processing code cannot handle them, so no reason to call that bugs.

*master*

I understand it isn't a bug in ENB, but I hope you understand how this creates a problem during gameplay. I am completely confused and lost why "EnabeAdaptation=True" uses Original Adaptation (as you say) when "UseOriginalAdaptation=False". I guess "EnableAdaptation" and "EnableBloom" are just entries that do not have any code attached to them..? I promise I won't press the issue any further - I am not knowledgeable enough to understand most technical aspects of ENB.

Here's what I'd like to know - Is this something that can be improved / "fixed" with Presets or does it require code changes in ENB itself? Ultimately I'd like to know if this problem can be somehow resolved when "EnableAdaptation" is set to "True".
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

@MonarchX - Can you take pictures/video of the issue you're having so we can understand the issue better? I'm trying to figure out what the issue is, but I've had no problem with adaption at all so I don't understand what needs to be solved. I think a picture or video of the issue would help find the answer you're looking for.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hay boris,

I tried to do this in enblens.fx and somehow the border cutoff persist into PS_Draw in enbeffect.fx when using TextureLens regardless of samplerstate and texcoord?

Code: Select all

SamplerState		LinearBorder
{
	Filter = MIN_MAG_MIP_LINEAR;
	AddressU = Border;
	AddressV = Border;
};

float4	PS_LensPrePass(VS_OUTPUT_POST IN, float4 v0 : SV_Position0 ) : SV_Target
{
    float2 coord = (IN.txcoord0.xy - 0.5) * 1.5 + 0.5;
    float4 res = TextureDownsampled.Sample(LinearBorder, coord);
    return res;
}
also there looks like some depth or stencil test is applied?

a screenshot on default PS_Draw in enbeffect with Lens weight = 0;

MrCasual wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:MrCasual
No, i don't know any scenarios to use that and don't believe anybody will make kind of director tool to adjust mod parameters via animated tracks together with camera and other animations.
I may be going at this backwards, it has been a long time since I codded for games, here is my scenario. I like the lens effect, but want it to change depending on goggles or a face mask my actor is wearing. I can write a script extension to check for this and access the ENB configs, but ENB would need a call to load and apply.

So if I am wearing a face mask from a power suit, it would have one type of lens effect. But if I put on welding googles the lens effect would change.

Just me thinking outside the box on some ideas. I am crazy like that and would give it a try...
I like the way this guy thinks! :idea:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kingeric1992
Better do not use border mode, it's prehistoric rudiment. Regarding issue, i do not restore most of states set in shaders, because they are unhandled commands and i don't know what changed after executing hlsl, restoring everything each time is too costly and reading device states is veeery slow with AMD drivers. To reset state i guess you need to make fake technique which draw object outside of screen with default sampler set.
also there looks like some depth or stencil test is applied?
Don't you forgot about vapor fog and motion blur applied by the game after post process? I can only remove them or move to hdr area.