Fallout 4 0.287 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.287 beta

MY RECOMMENDED FALLOUT4.INI 3RD PERSON CAMERA TWEAKS for using ENB DEPTH OF FIELD for FALLOUT 4:

So that your character is not blurred in 3rd person, and so that the camera behaves nicely any you can zoom out further, I recommend adding the following to your Fallout4.ini file:

[Camera]
fVanityModeMaxDist=400.0000
fPitchZoomOutMaxDist=400.0000
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosZ=8.0000
fOverShoulderMeleeCombatPosX=20.0000
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=8.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=20.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000
fMinCurrentZoom=0.1500
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0

EDIT: added, fVanityModeMaxDist=400.0000, forgot to include this initially...
Last edited by tapioks on 10 Dec 2015, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

@tapioks

Wow, I'll try that since I only play in 3rd person except for that occasion where a hallway is annoyingly narrow. :roll:

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Folks, i have no idea how to avoid flickering produced by thin bright lines or small points because of txaa enabled. With any type of filter they are annoying. Big blurring range is not always possible and still not solve the issue, just reduce it. Should i ignore it, because happens only in specific conditions? If not, i don't know how to fix flickering.
Honestly, I saw that was an issue and I dropped to FXAA, and used SMAA on Ultra settings from ReShade and its pretty good. Not quite as good, but definately doable, especially after playing with blurshapen.

*master*

Wolrajh wrote: On a side note, I have a few issues with the example DoF. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it, but the bottom line is that aperture seems to work backward ( higher should narrow the DoF/make more things blurry rather than widen it /make more things sharpy). Likewise, decreasing fov/enlarging the focal should narrow down DoF. Instead, it seems to not really matter. Distance from the subject on the other hand makes a big difference.
So essentially, trying to get this type of picture is a little awkward at the moment.That said, it works quite okay with a classic fov 90 and "classic" settings as there should be close to no blur unless focusing on a very VERY close item. It's just when going back and forth from wide angle to narrow angle ( like for screenarchering ) that it doesn't behave totally properly.

But hey, that's an example DoF. It's not meant to be high end, the be all end all of all DoF shaders, and it's still quite performance friendly =)
In the example, are you talking about the value for Aperture? How it ranges from 1.0 to 16? and 1.0 blurs it out the most, while 16 ='s not so much? If so, in photography, A larger apeture ='s a smaller f -stop, i.e f1.2 etc. So if that is the setting you are referring to, its actually correct in the photography world and makes since to me, since I also do photography :) If that isn't what you are talking about, then completely ignore my post :) lol
Last edited by ibbanez on 10 Dec 2015, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

I did notice that ENB DoF can blur my character in 3rd person, which is not something I've noticed happening before in Skyrim...
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

ibbanez wrote:In the example, are you talking about the value for Aperture? How it ranges from 1.0 to 16? and 1.0 blurs it out the most, while 16 ='s not so much? If so, in photography, A larger apeture ='s a smaller f -stop, i.e f1.2 etc. So if that is the setting you are referring to, its actually correct in the photography world and makes since to me, since I also do photography :) If that isn't what you are talking about, then completely ignore my post :) lol
Nah, you're right, for some reasons I was thinking D instead of f/D. Those damn inverted relationships...
So yeah it's just the FoV / focal length that is missing :p I'm not even sure the actual value can be taken from the game. Maybe in the meantime a manual input could be used. Assuming a35mm camera ingame with full frame sensor ( crop ratio 1 ), setting fov to, like, 20 ( horizontal), would roughly mean we're using a 100mm focal length.
Currently the DoF implementation relies more on sensor size/cropRatio which is less "intuitive" than just taking another lens or zooming in and simply moving in the scene to adjust the size of the subject in the frame.. Or am I completely wrong? :p

*master*

Wolrajh wrote:
ibbanez wrote:In the example, are you talking about the value for Aperture? How it ranges from 1.0 to 16? and 1.0 blurs it out the most, while 16 ='s not so much? If so, in photography, A larger apeture ='s a smaller f -stop, i.e f1.2 etc. So if that is the setting you are referring to, its actually correct in the photography world and makes since to me, since I also do photography :) If that isn't what you are talking about, then completely ignore my post :) lol
Nah, you're right, for some reasons I was thinking D instead of f/D. Those damn inverted relationships...
So yeah it's just the FoV / focal length that is missing :p I'm not even sure the actual value can be taken from the game. Maybe in the meantime a manual input could be used. Assuming a35mm camera ingame with full frame sensor ( crop ratio 1 ), setting fov to, like, 20 ( horizontal), would roughly mean we're using a 100mm focal length.
Currently the DoF implementation relies more on sensor size/cropRatio which is less "intuitive" than just taking another lens or zooming in and simply moving in the scene to adjust the size of the subject in the frame.. Or am I completely wrong? :p
Yeah.. For it being a basic DOF, compared to the one that came in the Skyrim ENB's, I actually like it a lot. I loved the tilt-shift ones and may try adding that over the next few days. I think I could do it, but it would be my first time. The only issue Im having right now, is that the DOF doesn't seem to quite match up perfectly with the center crosss hair position. Are you experiencing this as well? It seem about half an inch off when Im trying to setup a shot.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hehe, well, I could not resist, so...

Here's a follow up to my video on the depth of field effect introduced with ENB 0.287, where I demonstrate a few simple tweaks for the Fallout4.ini file that address one of the issues with the effect. The issue is where the player character is not positioned in the center of the screen in3rd person mode, and as such they are rendered blurry and out of focus.

Last edited by tapioks on 10 Dec 2015, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks
Don't know yet anything about temporal antialiasing future as replacement of txaa, which is almost the same.

number6
Dragon's Dogma isn't good by graphics even for the time it was released, only certain places have nice look. But i worry the most about bugs after porting.
Difficult ending? I beat it without much troubles, was lvl 52 and my companions lvl 46. Some battles are hard, but you don't want to break gamepad like in Dark Souls.

Wolrajh
Aperture size in example dof is inversed, because casuals with lenses call it's value 1.4...16 instead of 1/1.4...1/16

Almost finished bloom, just need to decide how to name one texture. Possibilities to write custom bloom are similar to new dof. But i did just two examples, may be after some rest will get back to external shaders and make usable code for gamers.

*master*

I cant wait for the new additions. They are really coming along now. Exciting times.