Fallout 4 0.287 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.287 beta

ENBSeries wrote:Linique
In dof example it's controlled mostly by PS_ReadFocus shader cycle, there uv coordinates are used to read depth near the center of the screen:

Code: Select all

float2	coord=pos.xy * 0.05;
	coord+=IN.txcoord0.xy * 0.05 + float2(0.5, 0.5);
And this code you need to modify to change focusing area, increasing or decreasing size of it, shift to any side, etc.
After it i added code which ignore first person models:

Code: Select all

//do not blur first person models like weapons and hands
	const float	fpdistance=1.0/0.085;
	float	fpfactor=1.0-saturate(1.0 - tempcurr * fpdistance);
	tempcurr=lerp(1.0, tempcurr, fpfactor*fpfactor);
You may tweak it to ignore any nearest objects. For advanced shader programmers it's better to apply weght based cycle, because interpolation above not just ignores nearest objects, but make focusing distance at far clip plane.
Thanks, I too was having the issue with DOF focusing not being exactly on the center dot, so it makes things weird when trying to adjust by being off to the right and up slightly. I also will play with adjust while in the Power Armour, but Im not sure how much that can really be helped. If they had a jet pack that didn't require the PA, id never use it, but I like flying up and taking short cuts to much :)

Boris is crushing it here! Awesome work! Thank you!

Hi,

I have a question and I know there's a lot of clever guys and girls in here. :)

I know, that in-game I can change DOF defaults from DOF Example and I can save the settings I've done. What I don't know what value should I change and which .fx file (I guess DOF releated) to make the same settings as I've done via ENBSeries menu in-game?

I tried to compare fx files, but I mus confess I didn't see which value, values have changed. That way I can create to preset with Default DOF and DOF Example, but I have no idea what have changed, and just like to know qa more about that.

Thank you!
AsRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i7 3770K@4,4Ghz | Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G | Kingston 352GB SSD | XFX XTR Series 650W | 24MP57VQ-P IPS 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

*master*

kranazoli wrote:Hi,

I have a question and I know there's a lot of clever guys and girls in here. :)

I know, that in-game I can change DOF defaults from DOF Example and I can save the settings I've done. What I don't know what value should I change and which .fx file (I guess DOF releated) to make the same settings as I've done via ENBSeries menu in-game?

I tried to compare fx files, but I mus confess I didn't see which value, values have changed. That way I can create to preset with Default DOF and DOF Example, but I have no idea what have changed, and just like to know qa more about that.

Thank you!
I think you are confusing a few things here. Yes, you can change the settings in-game via the enter-F12 key, but you are going through the .fx files and looking for the changes, but they aren't stored there, which is why you aren't seeing them. If you look in your Fallout 4 main folder, you will see a folder called enbseries. Inside there, you see a copy of all the shader files, but they have a .ini on the end of them, and those files are what store the individual values that you are changing. Let me know if that helps you out. The .fx file is the actual code of the shader, and is the actual function, which in turns uses the values stored in each of their own .ini files. When you save your settings, thats where those numbers are stored.

I think you are confusing a few things here. Yes, you can change the settings in-game via the enter-F12 key, but you are going through the .fx files and looking for the changes, but they aren't stored there, which is why you aren't seeing them. If you look in your Fallout 4 main folder, you will see a folder called enbseries. Inside there, you see a copy of all the shader files, but they have a .ini on the end of them, and those files are what store the individual values that you are changing. Let me know if that helps you out. The .fx file is the actual code of the shader, and is the actual function, which in turns uses the values stored in each of their own .ini files. When you save your settings, thats where those numbers are stored.
Aaaa, I see and didn't know that. Thank you for your support!
AsRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i7 3770K@4,4Ghz | Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G | Kingston 352GB SSD | XFX XTR Series 650W | 24MP57VQ-P IPS 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

*master*

No problem... I've lurked around for quite a while, but I figured it's about time I actually start participating and helping out when i can and become more involved and actually start learning more about hlsl and other stuff. Glad it helped.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, i have no idea how to avoid flickering produced by thin bright lines or small points because of txaa enabled. With any type of filter they are annoying. Big blurring range is not always possible and still not solve the issue, just reduce it. Should i ignore it, because happens only in specific conditions? If not, i don't know how to fix flickering.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@BORIS

I don't suppose you want to develop your own temporal AA that does not have this same flickering issue, or that behaves better with ENB's effects? :D

*master*

Boris, did you see this Dragon's Dogma PC comparison video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UnxufWhAnQ

Looks like the PC version will have a noticeable jump in texture quality, shading, shadows resolution, fx, and fps obviously. Hopefully they fix what I've heard in reviews about the impossibly difficult ending. Did you finish the game?

ENBSeries wrote:Folks, i have no idea how to avoid flickering produced by thin bright lines or small points because of txaa enabled. With any type of filter they are annoying. Big blurring range is not always possible and still not solve the issue, just reduce it. Should i ignore it, because happens only in specific conditions? If not, i don't know how to fix flickering.
I suppose you're blurring the texture, then sampling pixels values and generating bokehs based on those values ? It's strange a lonely bright pixel would stay so bright after being blurred that it would still generate bokeh just like an authentic light source. What about raising the minimal brightness required to produce a Bokeh ? But appart from being able to detect if the pixel belongs to a legitimate light source or light reflection aka specular independantly of testing the pixel values, or directly disabling the game own AA, I don't think much can be done at this point.

Maybe you'll have an epiphany later. In the meantime, just move on to whatever else you have in store. Bloom I guess is another big expected feature ;)

-----
On a side note, I have a few issues with the example DoF. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it, but the bottom line is that aperture seems to work backward ( higher should narrow the DoF/make more things blurry rather than widen it /make more things sharpy). Likewise, decreasing fov/enlarging the focal should narrow down DoF. Instead, it seems to not really matter. Distance from the subject on the other hand makes a big difference.
So essentially, trying to get this type of picture is a little awkward at the moment.That said, it works quite okay with a classic fov 90 and "classic" settings as there should be close to no blur unless focusing on a very VERY close item. It's just when going back and forth from wide angle to narrow angle ( like for screenarchering ) that it doesn't behave totally properly.

But hey, that's an example DoF. It's not meant to be high end, the be all end all of all DoF shaders, and it's still quite performance friendly =)