Fallout 4 0.287 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.287 beta

AgainstAllAutority wrote:Boris, thx alot for update! works nice for me, yet some problems with focusing (not sure if im reading focus point right, i'll check that tommorow, good night!)
already ported some of the dof techniques from my old GTA4 setts.

have to admit though, that you stock enb dof looks rly good, yet offering outstanding performance, unlike this evil circle dof.
How do you get your DoF to look like that? I'm having trouble getting the exaggerated look i want

*sensei*

Higgen, different factor curve
boris is using compressed depth values and scales factor linear from their difference
im using some different formula from.Wikipedia that utilize linearized depth

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

kingeric1992
Format of temporary textures is predefined and not planning to change it. But render target format and TextureColor (as result of previous render target, except temporary targets) will be 32 bit with 2 bit alpha.
Format can't be an option, because i reuse textures for other purposes and need to know format of them, otherwise complexity of the internal code will be too high and bugs as result.

Example of colors which can't look good because of banding at all, looks about the same with dithering and without it, making dither x10 fixes that, but looks like gif then

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*And the image above is with 64 bit textures

AgainstAllAutority wrote:Higgen, different factor curve
boris is using compressed depth values and scales factor linear from their difference
im using some different formula from.Wikipedia that utilize linearized depth
are they just adjustments you make to the enbdepthoffield.fx.ini? I'd love to try out your settings

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

How game r11g11b10 hdr format looks like without dithering for linear gradient from 0 to 1

ENBSeries wrote:kingeric1992
Format of temporary textures is predefined and not planning to change it. But render target format and TextureColor (as result of previous render target, except temporary targets) will be 32 bit with 2 bit alpha.
Format can't be an option, because i reuse textures for other purposes and need to know format of them, otherwise complexity of the internal code will be too high and bugs as result.

Example of colors which can't look good because of banding at all, looks about the same with dithering and without it, making dither x10 fixes that, but looks like gif then
It actually looks very good on my end, except in the blacks where I do indeed have a bit of banding... But my monitor isn't very good in this regard. However everything else is well *as long as I look at the pic with Xnview or anything else than the current presentation on the forum*. The blue/orange pics were far worse =)

And so is the BW ramp, it's hard with no dithering. But again, it's the final 8bit output. I don't really expect to witness any difference between 64bit and 8bit on a classic 8bit monitor... It only matters for the inner workings. Though, sure, the less color depth you use as the input, the worse the output will look with each subsequent effect.
Bottom line : there shouldn't be a witnessable difference between an unaltered B to W ramp in 64 bits and in 8 bits on a classic 8bit, sRGB monitor :p

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Had some time to play with the default example DOF in the ENB with power armor. Does work but only when objects are very close to the visor/face (with some flexibility on how close with the INI settings). Works while playing or when entering TFC mode to free the camera and lock the scene.

But since I lack any coding background for this I will have to wait for some of the DOF wizards to create something with more controls. Especially for handling third/first person, focus point, far and near distance, etc. It needs more control while in the power armor to handle when DOF kicks in (how close to the focus point) that also works outside the armor - without blurring the main character who might be off to the side a bit either by focus point control (0.4, 0.5) or preventing any blurring on objects close to the screen.

Anyhow mostly over my head - just wanted to test it. I have to say, however, I like the default DOF - the blur is nice and soft and overall subtle. It works very well. Just need some more controls.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, for next release i changed 64 to 32 bit format and also added new temporary render target of 32 bit hdr format, which is better for performance of depth of field if someone will use it, but 64 bit hdr input and output still in there, i don't think ugly r11g11b10 banding will be acceptable for dof and applying dithering in the dof too is not great solution for everyone.
Another thing bother me - where to put enblens.fx shader. It must be before dof and "inside" of it for some types, but in SKyrim i utilized bloom blurred textures as inputs for lens fx, because no need to blur screen again. From other point, bloom is also programmable and dependency of lens from bloom shader leads to bugs or simply different looking effect. In Skyrim applied lens on main hdr image before enbeffect.fx (additive operation), but may be some users want different look of it, so i have three choices:
1) additive like in Skyrim.
2) lens shader have similar techniques as dof, so code is applied in any way you want it.
3) result of lens shader is input of enbeffect.fx shader, like adaptation or bloom in there.

Sorry for asking a stupid question but i have very little understanding of hlsl

How do i adjust the focus point as it appears to be off to the right for me. as in i have to have an object to the right of the cursor before the DoF kicks in.

Sorry for the stupid question but I have only just started looking up hlsl coding