Fallout 4 0.285 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.285 beta

Could someone, please, tell me where I could find the needed information to understand the basics of ENB and shader coding? I see a lot of technical information and I don't know where to go to learn more about it. I don't want to ask stupid questions any more...
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

Yersinia79 wrote:Boris
Apology if I am wrong :oops: , was thinking about the faint colored "glow" that is left when turning bloom off at that place :?
Have not seen it anywhere else, so I thought it was a bug :roll:

[Click linked pictures for full size]
On: GameColorCorrection ,Bloom, Adaptation
On: GameColorCorrection ,Adaptation
On: GameColorCorrection only (Very faint)
All off (kinda expect some things to look odd when all is off):
Just a little throwback to this post. I'm presently standing in the Four Leaves Clover building and am seeing this exact behaviour, despite every "original" effects being disabled.
As it doesn't happen in most other interiors and not at all in exterior, I'll assume this is a specific imagespace effect they add to some interiors to create a more atmospheric look, rather than the global Bloom postprocess effect present in the rest of the game that I got rid of with the ENB anyway.
So I guess we may have to wait for someone to be able to edit the imagespaces or whatever, as this is out of the scope of the ENB suite ?

On a side note, yay ! Managed to port all the color correct effects I was using in the Re-shade suite to ENB. I'm a bit annoyed I had to put Technicolor / Vibrance / Saturation AFTER the UC2 tonemapping because it was behaving weirdly. Shadows were receiving too much blue, notably. The saturate() function is actually a clamp, right ? It basically will turn a HDR input into LDR ?

*master*

MonarchX,
I haven't read through this all the way, but it seems like a good intro:
http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/intro-to-shaders

The shaders are HLSL so just search for that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wolrajh
saturate() == clamp between [0, 1]
not HDR to LDR.

HDR means operate color in bit depth higher then 8bit, for 16bit it would be 0~65535 different levels of color intensity
LDR is in 8 bit with 0~255 color depth.

boris
Thx for the update. (`・∀・)b
If that is the case, while DOF in effectpostpass is technically doable, personally I would still prefer it to be in pre-tonemap for that is how it works in camera.
And a temporary render target is just a must have, the more the merrier.

off topic:
both DOF & Bloom are linked to aperture size. greater the blur, smaller the dispersion and vice versa.

kingeric1992 wrote: HDR means operate color in bit depth higher then 8bit, for 16bit it would be 0~65535 different levels of color intensity
LDR is in 8 bit with 0~255 color depth.
Facepalming time. I should try sleeping some times, it helps.
For some weird reasons I was sure a HDR picture just stocked colors with values over 1.0. Got that mixed up with the fact we use them to light 3D scenes and often have to raise Exposure for proper quadratic decay, hence effectively making a pixel go well over 1.0 value.
Oh well, at least Saturate DOES imply dataloss for every overbright pixel as it will dismiss any values over 1, then. So it it needs to be used at the right moment in the code...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

HDR is actually values greater than 1.0, outside of 0..1 range. 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit value can be both hdr or ldr. Even ldr image may have hdr data, but it's a crap with artifacts for low values and issues with color operations, that's why special hdr formats are used. 16 bit = 65536 values for ldr image, they are mapped to 0..1 range by hardware and you can't write anything to such texture to get value below 0 or above 1. Some hdr formats use 8 bit per channel and 8 bit for exponent instead of alpha channel, they are fine enough for color processing.
both DOF & Bloom are linked to aperture size. greater the blur, smaller the dispersion and vice versa.
Everything is much more complex and lenses differ from eye a lot by bloom. I don't recommend to waste time on such dependencies, too hard to setup parameters and write non linear functions for them, at the end you just finish preset for some abstract cheap lens. Many camera lenses can be modified in to monocle, with same aperture bloom will have crazy values. Here is an example of such modification of Helios-44

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

??
shouldn't Dynamic Range means the maximum ratio of brightest to darkest available in context either be LCD or film or image?

Whereas normally RGB 8bit provides 255:1 to be low dynamic range, 16bit with 65535:1 is considered high dynamic range.

about bloom, so true and so cool.
still, modeling some feature could be fun.

kingeric1992 wrote:??
shouldn't Dynamic Range means the maximum ratio of brightest to darkest available in context either be LCD or film or image?

Whereas normally RGB 8bit provides 255:1 to be low dynamic range, 16bit with 65535:1 is considered high dynamic range.

about bloom, so true and so cool.
still, modeling some feature could be fun.
Whether you have 256 or 65536 different possible values doesn't have any direct effect on the magnitude of the min/max values. If the hardware maps it to 0...1 in either case, the dynamic range is the same, regardless of how many values can be displayed.

*sensei*

Trying to convert this effect (for screenshot only), I converted and modified it to my ReShade before:
Needs to be seen at or very close to full res, if not it will play trick on eyes^^
Stuck cause I only know code to add textures on Skyrim for ENBSeries and the way I added textures to ReShade, but I guess that is DX9 code.

Code: Select all

texture texs8
<
	string ResourceName = "external_texture.png";
	string ResourceType = "2D";
	float3 Dimensions = float3( 3840, 2160, 0 );
//	int MIPLevels = 1;
>;

sampler2D _s8 = sampler_state
{
	Texture   = <texs8>;
	MinFilter = LINEAR;
	MagFilter = LINEAR;
	MipFilter = LINEAR;
	AddressU  = Clamp;
	AddressV  = Clamp;
	SRGBTexture=FALSE;
	MaxMipLevel=0;
	MipMapLodBias=0;
};
//----------------------------------------------------------//
texture2D lutTex < string source = "external_texture.png"; > { Width = 3840.0; Height = 2160.0; Format = RGBA8;};

sampler2D lutSamp
{
	Texture       = lutTex ;
	MinFilter     = LINEAR; // Controls sampling
	MagFilter     = LINEAR; // Controls sampling
	MipFilter     = LINEAR; // Controls how the mips are generated
	AddressU      = CLAMP;
	AddressV      = CLAMP;
	SRGBTexture   = false;
};
Is it possible to add textures like this to this mod version? and if so what would be the dx11/ps5.0 code?
Every mod seems to have different ways to do this :?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79
something like this?

Texture2D lutTex
<
	string UIName = "Example texture";
	string ResourceName = "external_texture.png";
>;
SamplerState lutSampler
{
	Filter = MIN_MAG_MIP_LINEAR;
	AddressU = Clamp;
	AddressV = Clamp;
};
And code for reading it

//v1
res=lutTex.Sample(lutSampler, input.texcoord0.xy);
//v2
res=lutTex.SampleLevel(lutSampler, input.texcoord0.xy, 0.0);//last is lod. But png do not have lods, so 0.0