Fallout 4 0.284 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 4 0.284 beta

weird, but i dont see the "banding-bleeding" problem anymore.

so generally, if i set

Code: Select all

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalColorFilter=false
UseOriginalBloom=fasle
UseOriginalAdaptation=false
im bypassing most game colorcorrection?

is the TextureColor tonemapped by game? or its already pure hdr like gta4 mod?
Last edited by AgainstAllAutority on 02 Dec 2015, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Probably no need to worry about imagespace LUTs, at least most of the skyrim presets don't event touch imagespace parms on ENB level.
anyway, ppl can still add compensations manually or by preprocessor for easy access. Or how about something like #E_CC_PROCEDURAL to link between UseOriginalColorFilter in enbseries.ini.

Wolrajh
unlike reshade, ENB already has pre-tonemapped hdr input, however it might as well not physically linear.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I agree that we would need a 'neutral' LUT to allow for ENB configuration if this LUT is being applied to the image at the end. Though I must say, using the neutral LUT on its own (as per that Sonic Ether mod) does not make the image look better at all.

*master*

Preset authors will be best off providing their own LUTs to replace the defaults, especially as they are linked to weather/interior imagespaces which generally need seperate tweaks and balances anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

AgainstAllAutority
UseOriginalColorFilter=false means that lut shader is bypassed, but it also means that gamma is not applied, which is in there, so you have direct output from enbeffect.fx on screen (except txaa, fake fog, motion blur, game dof).

These variables:
UseOriginalBloom=false
UseOriginalAdaptation=false
only toggling my textures vs game textures. At this moment mine are not used, so set to black. I decided to do this, because in all previous mods with external shader own game textures were dublicated by enb textures, but nobody need both game and enb bloom, right?

UseOriginalPostProcessing=true means enbeffect.fx is vanilla, second technique in that file, so value set to false do not mean you bypass everything, because shader still used, but defined by you, which is linear with it current state only if UseProceduralCorrection=false and APPLYGAMECOLORCORRECTION not defined.

TextureColor - linear hdr texture, but without alpha channel. I still not sure is it worth to use 64 bit format with alpha from depth of field output or keep original game 32 bit hdr.

Now what i thinking about LUT and gamma correction problem. Implementing any parameter as switch UseOriginalColorFilter=false which activate res=pow(res, 2.2) is hard to understand. Probably i need to not disable LUT at all, but only remove palette textures and keep gamma operation pow(color, 1.0/2.2). In such case to use already tonemapped and gamma corrected output of enbeffect.fx and effect.txt i also need to apply that code after effect.txt (if not exist, then after enbeffect.fx) internally. Performance penalty yet not big enough to notice it. The problem is in low precision of 32 bit hdr format used by the game to draw blurred fog for foggy/rainy weather (underwater probably too) and motion blur. All manipulations with colors between enbeffect.fx and LUT shader will be visible as artifacts of sky and various sprites. Rescaling values means a bit different result if any unhandled objects/effects will be drawed. Damn, i don't want to make linear output in enbeffect.fx, this is totally wrong and incompatible with effect.txt, which must work with ldr data only. Ehhh, better to do tests of banding artifacts in all possible scenarios.

*sensei*

so, if i get idea right, f4 lut correction pass follows the enbeffect?

regarding gamma and tonemapping.
personaly, i do like idea of having raw linear hdr texture input for enbeffect, if it will be paired with hdr bloom.
so it will be up to a user preset to apply tonemap, so the effect.txt could recieve ldr image

is it possible to load those game internal luts right into enbeffect? aka dozens of palettes :D
Last edited by AgainstAllAutority on 02 Dec 2015, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

I would go for 64bit HDR and remove any color corection to go for absolutely clean ENB output. Anyways, I still have blurry textures problem in the newest beta version with ForceVideoMemorySize=true and (in this case) VideoMemorySizeMb set to 21001mb. Also, could you look up is there anything that can be done about broken downsampling/DSR? Whenever I use DSR, I need to set desired resultion in desktop to make it work properly in game, otherwise it won't scale and only the upper left part of the screen will be filled. You should easly be able to replicate that with DSR on your PC. However, It could be that it's only for me like that because of a 21:9 monitor... I dunno.
Last edited by MaxG3D on 02 Dec 2015, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to mention, weather 15e use linear lut texture, so it's only gamma corrected in lut shader as pow(color, 1/2.2).

AgainstAllAutority
1 bloom, adaptation, tonemapping(enbeffect.fx)
2 blurry fog
3 motion blur
4 lut with gamma correction
6 dof
7 txaa
8 hud
some of these steps may differ, i don't remember exactly.
Loading LUT textures in to enbeffect.fx is possible, but absolutely useless, because you can't control or use them.

MaxTheUniqueGamer
I can't check DSR, because decided to ignore any incompatibilities and bugs with drivers for both AMD and NVidia. My job is to modify graphics, not fixing anything, which i hate to do. At least not in nearest time.

*sensei*

But the DSR works very well for any game other than Fallout 4. It's not a driver bug, it's a Bugthesda awful programming.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

Thank you Boris.