ShadowBoost 1.1.30.0

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: ShadowBoost 1.1.30.0

ENBSeries wrote:tapioks
fDirShadowDistance only modified.

Well, Alexander gave up with the mod, too many stupidity in comments everywhere, players are brainless with the ai of Fallout 4 characters. They have crashes with the ShadowBoost uninstalled, crashes with it, they call it useless because can't get 60 fps all the time, russians of course trolls #1 with only posts about dick and asses. I will not waste any more time trying to fix real issues, may be Alex will make update with external speed factor for shadow distance manipulation, but i'm quit helping with this.
Sigh... that sucks so hard. We really, really need this.

It sucks so many bad apples are ruining it for everyone.

Do you think you could make your own, Boris? I mean, this works now, but when Fallout 4 updates, it's not gonna work anymore, and if Alexander gave up on it, it's not gonna get maintained.

@boris @Marcurios

Thanks very much for clearing that up. Obviously I dont know as much as I thought I did! I was trying to figure a way you could check for spare performance without relying on the in-game fps.

Boris, sorry you had to listen to lots of shit over this mod. Its a shame. It had some serious potential.

Either way, thanks for your efforts.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote: Well, Alexander gave up with the mod, too many stupidity in comments everywhere, players are brainless with the ai of Fallout 4 characters. They have crashes with the ShadowBoost uninstalled, crashes with it, they call it useless because can't get 60 fps all the time, russians of course trolls #1 with only posts about dick and asses. I will not waste any more time trying to fix real issues, may be Alex will make update with external speed factor for shadow distance manipulation, but i'm quit helping with this.
I thought you guys are already used to stupid assholes and trolls, after all these years of modding. Especially on the Nexus. Like, who even cares about those assholes really?))
I'm not trying to convince any of you to continue ShadowBoost (or any other mods you have in mind in the future) development, but don't listen to the huge crowd. Make a small focus group (you already have it, here, on enbdev forum) of people who are actually interested in helping, testing and using the mod. You will save tons of time and nerves. For example, I'm working on script-heavy mods only. I expect unexpected, and I have small team of dedicated players with different systems who gladly agreed to help me out. And this small team is enough to track and fix almost all gamebreaking bugs.
And after release - I won't give a single fuck about nexus comments. I'll just turn them off, leaving "report bug" only available option. So they have no choice but read that damn readme carefully to fix their own problems. Simple as that. And that's what I recommend doing to every modder out there.

*master*

Sometimes I wonder if putting modding behind a pay wall wasn't the right idea. Money is a solid idiot repellant.

*sensei*

I thought you guys are already used to stupid assholes and trolls, after all these years of modding. Especially on the Nexus. Like, who even cares about those assholes really?))
That...true..i've gotten used to it a while ago, doesn't bother me anymore.
I'm a asshole myself, so why should i get bothered by other assholes..

Tricky wrote:Sometimes I wonder if putting modding behind a pay wall wasn't the right idea. Money is a solid idiot repellant.
Paywalling these mods would probably be illegal since they weren't made with the official tools.

Besides, plenty of idiots have money, and will feel entitled for you to be 24/7 tech support since they paid for the mod.

*master*

The "right idea" is to avoid uploading anything remotely complicated to the Nexus because it will always end up messy and always did since forever. And don't get me started on the fuckass moderation. That being said one should also avoid to fall in the "small team / private release" because it's as equally shitty and a big fuck you to the non-vocal people that can do their stuff correctly.

By anything remotely complicated i mean something that isn't a texture mod or a box to tick in a shitty mod manager. Typically files that require user input or use external configuration files.

Keep everything on the ENB website and call it a day.

Anyway i think a lot of people don't understand that ShadowBoost isn't destined to fix sudden framerate drops (read looking at something, 60 FPS, then moving the camera a little bit to the left and boom sudden 20 FPS loss), but to stabilize a low framerate (read 20 FPS in a specific zone for a specific time).

*sensei*

Marcurios wrote: I'm a asshole myself, so why should i get bothered by other assholes..
You're a different kind of an asshole, if you don't mind =D You have your reasons to act aggressively (or just pure trolling) when dealing with stupid or\and premature users.
Average asshole from the nexus is a person who knows nothing, don't want to read, does nothing, and blame you in every single bug he's getting. Example?
You can write big bold title for enb preset "Turn off antialiasing if you have transparent textures"
7 out of 10 people will 100% say in the comments something like this "WTF I'M GETTING TRANSPARENT TEXTURES U FUK M8 U BROKE MY GAME! GET CANCER!" xD
Not always that harsh, but very close. So yeah, best way is just not giving a damn about such users at all.
Tricky wrote:Sometimes I wonder if putting modding behind a pay wall wasn't the right idea. Money is a solid idiot repellant.
It was a good idea, but the way it was made - no no no.
Tho one thing paywall made clean&clear - users think modders are their personal slaves, and deserve nothing. Tons of crap were thrown at us during paid mods drama. Just because we are modders, because we think our efforts are actually worth something.
Truth is, I hope paywall will have it's return, so modders can have their sweet revenge (it's about respect, not about money at all). So we can make megasuperbadass mod (with protection from piracy, yes we can), set price to few thousand bucks and watch them all suffer. They want it, but can't get it =D

*sensei*

Dorak wrote: That being said one should also avoid to fall in the "small team / private release" because it's as equally shitty
It's not. It's a personal preference. If modder wants to release his mod for a small amount of people - it's his decision, and he has his own reasons to do so, no one has rights to judge him about it. His mod - his rules. Users can go fk themselves with their opinions about it.

I swear, screw the Nexus masses. I will test whatever the hell you or/and Alexander Blade need lol. I never know what information is being looked for, but if told I'll provide it.