Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

I have only one account at Nexus and i don't care if someone trying to post there from my name, unless that person don't do something abusive.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It can also be that he is named Boris, we don't know do we? Anyway he doesn't seem like a bad chap if he removed it and changed the name.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Found the way to test by myself that strange performance drop with ENBoost installed and UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, i just need to disable some effects and make lowest display resolution. But there is no way to fix it properly and when graphic mod will be released, the issue will be even worse, game already suffer from cpu bottleneck and any additional computations are very noticable. Just trying to disable everything when shadows drawed, but can't yet find 100% safe way to make this, because of pairs of functions (map/unmap).

ENBSeries wrote:Found the way to test by myself that strange performance drop with ENBoost installed and UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false, i just need to disable some effects and make lowest display resolution. But there is no way to fix it properly and when graphic mod will be released, the issue will be even worse, game already suffer from cpu bottleneck and any additional computations are very noticable. Just trying to disable everything when shadows drawed, but can't yet find 100% safe way to make this, because of pairs of functions (map/unmap).
What exactly triggers it? You mentioned disabling some settings, what settings make the problem go way?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bonnie Lass
Problem do not go away, it can't. Bottleneck means you stuck whatever you try.

Folks, is there any type of night vision in Fallout 4? Can you explain and share saved game where i can test it?

*sensei*

Bonnie Lass wrote:
What exactly triggers it? You mentioned disabling some settings, what settings make the problem go way?[/quote]

I believe that he stated it clearly; it's the added CPU burden.

Fallout 4 is just badly coded; the cores will not exceed 60% usage due to overzealous use of multithreading locks (IIRC), for example.

@ENBSeries, Out of curiosity, does Fallout 4 use instancing much? Probably uses it for grass and tree LOD like in Skyrim, but is instancing used for anything else?

About night vision, there are night vision scopes that you can make for rifles. Might be what you're looking for? Also, I remember Night Vision being an issue in New Vegas & Skyrim, where fade-to-black imagespace modifiers wouldn't work. Fallout 4 has the same effect when you get treated by a doctor.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty
Haven't checked if "instancing" used anywhere, shadows cannot use instancing and they are the main problem. I don't know how to optimize them yet, if everything slows down when i touch the code, then computations for detecting objects and batching any changed could have the same performance as pure rendering. And when cpu is not fully utilized because of 100k+ multithreading locks per frame, optimization without sources is very hard task.

Kobalk
Thank you

It seems to be possible to get rid of the fake character lighting by adding

Code: Select all

sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off
in fallout4.ini ("General")

So it may not be necessary to use ENB for this. I only tested it for a while and it seems to work.

*master*

sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off
good option. i would leave it in ENB options though. better to have it there too. makes live easier for everyone installing a preset, and ENB preset will most likely be tweaked around if it is on or off (at least for perfectionists like me)

curious though. because someone stated that the ENB option did move his powersuit headlight to the feet. i could not reproduce that bug, everything fine here.
so maybe this fixes it for that person/s?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

Would it be possible to add interior / exterior controls for the fake lighting fix? I ask because this effect actually looks 'ok' in exteriors, as it serves as a cheap simulation of IBL (i.e. character being lit by the sky), but in interiors it just looks completely unnatural.