Fallout 4 0.282 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.282 ENBoost

Another russian imbecile. Banned, including entire mail.ru e-mails used only by mindless putin followers.

*master*

As a Russian, I feel embarrassed for my people when such behaviors occurs. I hope they never get used as examples.

As far as ENBoost goes, I think it keeps on getting better with each release and on my PC, "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false" results in 2-3fps higher than "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true" with the following ENBSeries settings:

[EFFECT]
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
UseOriginalPostProcessing=false
UseOriginalColorFilter=true
UseOriginalBloom=false
UseOriginalAdaptation=false
EnablePostPassShader=true
EnableDithering=true
EnableAdaptation=true
EnableBloom=true
EnableDepthOfField=true
EnableLens=true

and the following ENBLocal settings:

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=true
VideoMemorySizeMb=12288

I am a little confused about vRAM utilization. Which counter shows a more accurate utilization and which one needs to have 512MB added to it? I check MSI AB and with settings & mods I use (uGrids set to 9, Ultra settings, except GodRays Quality set to Low, and about 12GB of custom HQ/HD 2K-4K textures), vRAM utilization stays at about ~2000-2500MB inside and ~3000-4096MB outside. With ENB 0.288 it NEVER stutters even at 4096MB vRAM utilization. As soon as I remove all ENB files and folders entirely, I get super-bad stutter in some areas outside. We're talking 40fps without ENB and 60fps with ENB (20fps difference!!!) in several exact areas. That's some crazy bad coding from Bethesda...

I am not sure if I mentioned this already, but "iPresentInterval=0" (V-Sync) usually creates bugs on Gambryo engine games (Fallout 3 / 4 / New Vegas and Skyrim), especially with "bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1". ENB V-Sync prevents all those bugs from happening WITHOUT iPresentInterval mouse lag and WITHOUT any stutters & tearing. It works in both - FullScreen and BorlderssScreen modes. I am sure you know all that since you made ENB, but it simply fascinates me the degree to which ENB improves graphics visual and performance. How can developers, the very people who designed the engine, the game, and video rendering manage to do such an inferior job? Are there some aspects of what ENB does that cannot be used by games' rendersers? I know many ENB Preset settings are for advanced modders and probably should not be included in Basic (or even Advanced) Game Video settings, but improved memory and resource management, better performance for better graphics options like DoF, SSAO, etc., should come out along with the game. Anyway, without going off-tangent any further, could you please provide your opinion on why you think experienced and professional game developers fail to create well-performing graphics & visuals on the very games they made based on the engines they themselves developed??? Is it mostly console-over-PC optimization priority?
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's obvious. Some people earning money, some devoted their life to the job and all are different. Most professions have gradations between workers, including programming. At same time just few workers interested to do their best, even if they know something more than others.

Sorry to post on such an old topic, but I am having confusion. Here is the main problem...

I last played FO4 in May (2018). I kept Steam so that it cannot update FO4 and have not changed any mods. I play now, and everything runs like shit! It runs just like it did when I first played, before I installed ENBoost. I remember getting an SSD for Fallout and also using ENBoost and everything being SO MUCH BETTER! Now it is like ENBoost isn't there. I don't get the startup message when the game starts, but I can 'shift-enter' to open ENB settings. So strange.

Is it possible to be able to open ENB menu in game but it doesn't nothing for game performance? Or, if the menu is there I can trust that ENBoost is working properly even though there is no start-up message at splash screen (Beth Logo Video)?

Thank you Boris

Khugan

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No startup logo may mean buggy drivers or some software hooked in to game process and messed device states. The only solution is to try tweak parameters about memory size in enblocal.ini, no other ideas.

Having "sStartingConsoleCommand=bat godrays" in my ini seems to have been causing me to not get the ENB Startup message. Its from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15211 A God Rays fix.

"It changes the GR Grid value from 64 to 12.
It changes the GR Scale from 1.0 to .8.
It changes the GR MaxCascade from 2 to 1.
These tweaks grant the user ultra quality godrays that perform the same as low quality godrays!"

If I start this batch file from console instead of my ini file will it still break ENBoost?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guess it should not change anything. You can try limit frame rate limiter in enblocal.ini and see in game if it's changed. If yes, then enboost working.

Thank you Boris!