Fallout 4 0.280 patch

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 4 0.280 patch

Kail wrote:
kaffeekranz wrote:Now that Bethesda has their own AO implementation it's fun seeing the same halo around 1st person player models again.
Jesus Christ, and they don't even care.
It's not ssao, but a god rays fault.
Nnnnope. You don't know what I'm talking about.
Do you remember the haloing you had in Skyrim with increased SSIL?
Kail wrote: Well with fSAOIntensity=15.1 it looks way better and noticeable.
It doesn't look better, it's just a lot more visible.
With all the artifacts, low resolution and haloing going on, it's looking even a lot worse the higher you set it.

Hmm, if I don't want to use a certain key in ENB, is it safe just to make the code '0'?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bonnie Lass
Game lags in Corvega Assembly Plant because of shadows casted from lights, it's lack of optimization for drawing objects in to shadow properly (as other games do basically) and resolution of shadow iShadowMapResolution=4096. You can't just get old engine, increase resolution of render targets and call it's next gen. Well, you may reduce size of the shadow in fallout4prefs.ini, but without some tricky stuff there is no future for modified lights in this game (me and Alexander Blade discussed recently this issue, but any changes not worth time while game patches/dlc are coming).

joey4track
I don't know about [PROXY] feature compatibility, it's same as in gta 5, from the code side everything seems okay. But i do not support any wrappers any more with dx11 version of the mod, everything is much more complex now and much better if ReShade and SweetFX authors will make similar feature to load my mod or one of these.

Marcurios
Try to make a game yourself instead of crying about others games.
Sounds like i need to make everything myself, craft my pc hardware and every capacistor of it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bonnie Lass
Yes, you may assign it to 0.

So the only way to fix this interior lag is waiting for Bethesda or modders to do it? That's going to be a while. :(

Here's the strange thing though, even with Shadows on 'low' which makes the shadow map resolution very tiny and makes the shadows look like a pixelated mess like they did in Skyrim, I only get about 5 fps back out of like the 30 this area is taking away from me. Maybe I should try the area with shadows COMPLETELY disabled and see if my fps still tanks in this area.

Any luck on fixing the 'ENB Menu in the game world' bug?

Tricky wrote:
Bonnie Lass wrote:This game's SSAO implementation is surprisingly really light on performance.
Not really suprising. You can barely tell it's there at all.
Set fSAOIntensity=15.1 and you will notice a lot of ssao.

kaffeekranz wrote:
Kail wrote:
kaffeekranz wrote:Now that Bethesda has their own AO implementation it's fun seeing the same halo around 1st person player models again.
With all the artifacts, low resolution and haloing going on, it's looking even a lot worse the higher you set it.
What haloing are you talking about? I don't see any artifacts from ssao. Where are they?

*sensei*

Kail wrote:
kaffeekranz wrote:
Kail wrote:
What haloing are you talking about? I don't see any artifacts from ssao. Where are they?
[xxx]http://i.imgur.com/bcBWJpc.png[/xxx]
First person, dude. Read.
But I don't want to spam this thread, so if you want me to make detailed pictures and craft diagrams, let's do this via PM. :)

By the way, thanks like always, Boris.
I hope you don't mind the little exchange here.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

Sorry if this was already asked and I missed it. I just wanted to know what bugs ENB 0.280 fixes for Fallout 4? You mentioned that only some users had these bugs?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bugs are similar to Skyrim when it was released. They are not that much annoying, but still exist, lesson not learned by Bethesda. Potential corruption of savegames because of lagspikes and delays produced by switching between windows and other processes; 1-3 core cpus strange stuttering, similar to non physical cores issue; sound crackling for some drivers; potential wrong behavior of something in the game world, especially for short/fast events (may help even if game have issue with shots being lost like enemy is ghost, though dunno if this issue exist in F4). It's hard to enumerate, because these kind of issues are mostly random and based on weakness of the code and hardware (cpu cores, cpu usage, videocard, graphic options as factor of rendering time, user input, moon phase).