TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

Iduno why, but that DX test never works on my system. It keeps telling me 92gb, lol. I'm curious what I should actually have mine set to with 32gb RAM and 4GB Vram, but I've been rolling with 16gb-25gb and having that kill all stutters without issue for like ever now (in both Skyrim and FO4).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Changing iNumHWThreads is Skyrim leads to various bugs, i saw myself awful replacement of my character hair by two hair styles at once and eyes in wrong place.

refusedzero
Depending from driver, that value may include maximal size of swap file. In dx11 driver may unload everything from vram to ram and then to swap file if some other application started and running while game is somewhere in idle. Of course at performance cost.

Thanks for the explanation Boris!

DX9-4064
DX11-29728

I have used both of these settings. 4k had stuttering, 29k resulted in ctd fairly soon. Of course other settings could have varied at that time such as ReservedMemorySizeMB. The setting before the current was VideoMemorySizeMb @ 6ksomething and ReservedMemorySizeMB @ 768, resulted in slowness often and stuttering during any hint of a more intensive environment. I will re-try VideoMemorySizeMb @ 3936 with ReservedMemorySizeMB @ 256-512 and compare results to current settings.

Changed iNumHWThreads with the thought to assist with heavy script loads. Its hard to tell if it helped, I have seen no adverse side effects with it set, yet. Have not played for any long period since its inclusion, been tinkering with other things.

Thanks for the feedback

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

4064 is the maximal value you may use.

Was in the middle of patching the game (PerMa, Bash, DynDOLOD) and while doing so changed settings to VideoMemorySizeMb=3936 with ReservedMemorySizeMB=512.

Patches done, run game, crash @ game menu. Disable PatchusMaximus, crash @ game menu. Disable DynDOLOD, game starts. Repatch DynDOLOD, re-enable both, crash @ game menu. Re-patch PaMa and DynDOLOD (because why not), crash @ game menu. Disable DynDOLOD, game starts. WTF? Ok, maybe I forgot something, Re-patch both, paying closer attention though I've done this so many times. Must have forgotten something right? Patch done, both enabled, game starts. Phew, close game down, then I remember I need to check how the new settings run with ENB. Start up game, crash before the game even comes up?!? It just worked! Try to run it again, same thing.

Changed settings back to VideoMemorySizeMb=8192 with ReservedMemorySizeMb=768, game is starting normally. I don't know whats going on. This current setting does work and seemingly runs fine. I posted my setup more to share with others as a proof of yes ENB works and its awesome, you should use ENB too. And also perhaps someone could point out some tweaks to increase performance that I may have missed. You said the setting should be 4064, or at least, anything higher the game ignores. I mean You made the thing, I Fully believe you know what your talking about. But if I am using settings it should not work at yet it runs and if I change it to the proper settings and it starts having issues, this doesnt make sense to me. It works as is, I am fine with that, but I would like to know why it does this or if this will cause issues such as crashing after a longer play period

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can't answer and don't know what to say. It's definetly not the mod bug.

I had an odd issue. The MCM menu options of mods were slow and sluggish in their responsiveness and processing, such as Frostfall3.0 startup and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade material selector options. I mean a difference of Frostfall loading going from 6 seconds to 3-4 minutes. Running through Mod Organizer so cloned the profile and I started disabling elements all the way down to nothing but the new SkyUI, Frostfall, and CCOR, and the issue was still there. Loaded vanilla skyrim and skyrimprefs ini, same thing. Cut it down to the issue being either with SKSE settings (which I have not changed since install) and ENB settings...

TL;DR: The FPS Limiter was causing the slowness. I engaged it and set it to 60fps to test rumors of it helping HDT Physics Mods erratic behavior. Turned it off, Frostfall fired up in 6 seconds. I dont know what or why, just thought Id share the experience.

wolfgrimdark wrote:
Bonnie Lass wrote:
wolfgrimdark wrote:Happy to! If I can get it to work I would be thrilled - keeping in mind I need it to work with ENB as between the two I much prefer ENB. I will try it tonight when I get home from work so afraid I won't have any response till early evening.

Also appreciate the help.
ENB is more than just making the game look pretty, so of course I use it. I proxy in SweetFX for its much lighter, much simpler post-processing effects, like increasing contrast and vibrance across the board. It's not as robust as ENB for customizing lighting, but it gets the job done.

You need to have ENB installed to use the test archive I uploaded for you. Just make sure you backup your enblocal.ini and SweetFX settings, and delete dxgi files.

Afraid it is no dice although I was hopeful. I used a simple ENB preset with binary 279. Copied over all your test files exactly. There was no monochrome, no split screen, none of the effects you had active in it. Standard key binds did nothing to reload shaders or disable.

If I copy those files back I get the usual error (and GeForce Exp is not installed - just the Nvidia drivers). If I remove the files there is no error but also no effects of any sort.

I have seen suggestions to delete them, rename them, or take the ones from the system32 folder and copy them into the skyrim folder. None of those work - they all end up disabling SFX from working.

That being said if I install just ReShade and use the SweetFX components, or install the ReShade Alternative Standalone Packages for SweetFX 2.0 then the effects DO work and I don't have to remove any files at all. The problem with the ReShade/SFX versions (either one) is I get graphical anomalies such as this:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5816/2243 ... 8766_o.png

As you can see the effects (monochrome, bars) work fine but ... well there are far bigger issues.

Also with ReShade if I do this:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_sfx.dll // this is the ReShade32.dll renamed

then the log gives me this:

20/11/2015 15:58:07:906 [15232] | INFO | Initialized.
20/11/2015 15:58:07:906 [15232] | INFO | Redirecting 'Direct3DCreate9(32)' ...
20/11/2015 15:58:07:906 [15232] | ERROR | Unable to resolve hook for '0x60D7C230'!

But if set INitProxyFunctions=false (leave the other true) then it loads, effects work but with graphic issues.

I also did one test I hadn't done before (as I have been fiddling with this issue ever since I got the new PC and Win10 - and I have been using ENB and SFX for almost 3 years so it isn't like I am unfamiliar with them - plus I also manage a bunch of ENB presets).

I completely uninstalled ENB (versus just setting UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to true) and ran Skyrim with nothing but ReShade/SFX. It worked but found that the graphic overly glitch (as shown in the image above) was still there. Which tells me the graphic issue is not a conflict with ENB but is a conflict with ReShade, Skyrim, and Windows 10 on my computer. ReShade/SFX works great with FO4 and W3 but then they are not on dx9.

Also I tried older versions of SFX (not tied to ReShade in anyway) and they don't work at all - if I don't include the dxgi.dll file the game loads but no effects. If I do include it I get the usual windows error.

So to my testing, at least, those files do make a difference. Including them gives an error and removing them prevents SFX from using any effects. Why I don't know. Maybe I am missing some file for Dx. To get ENB running I had to download and install Dx runtime files from microsoft. That lets ENB run fine but maybe something else is needed for SFX. Shrug no idea. I am just reporting what happens (and not just to me - as I said I know at least 4 other people over on Nexus that I have chatted with who moved to windows 10 and found the same problem).

End result is I can't use SweetFX (or ReShade) with Skyrim and windows 10. Not a huge deal as I much prefer ENB. The only reason, as I stated in the start, I wanted them is I really like the presets made by Insomnia and Saltr. But I do not want to spend the weeks needed to try and take their SFX tweaks and somehow port them into an ENB only setup. Will just accept Skyrim is ENB only at this point - although I will keep checking the ReShade forums in case I see something that might help.

Thanks for trying though - I do appreciate it even if it didn't work out.
I made an account for the sole purpose of trying to ask if you were able to get SweetFx to work alongside ENB on a Windows 10 NVIDIA setup. I would have PM'd you but it seems like I can't just yet as a new member.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Adaptive wrote:
I made an account for the sole purpose of trying to ask if you were able to get SweetFx to work alongside ENB on a Windows 10 NVIDIA setup. I would have PM'd you but it seems like I can't just yet as a new member.
If you mean me, no I have not and I found a few more people who also have not. That file people suggest you delete is not needed for Dx9 but apparently it is required by SFX to properly run for whatever reason. Since October I found only one person who said they got SFX to work with Skyrim on Windows 10 and she has an AMD card while everyone else I talked with had Nvidia.