TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

I'll give it a go and see if I can get it to work. If you had an AMD card user get it to work, I'll take a look see with my system. For all people rag on AMD cards/drivers/whatever, I've had far less problems than most Nvidia users at least as regards ENB... Feel free to pick on AMD CPU's though... those are crap! =P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote:I'll give it a go and see if I can get it to work. If you had an AMD card user get it to work, I'll take a look see with my system. For all people rag on AMD cards/drivers/whatever, I've had far less problems than most Nvidia users at least as regards ENB... Feel free to pick on AMD CPU's though... those are crap! =P
Be sure to let me know if you do, even if on AMD, just because I am curious. I have chatted with close to a dozen folks now on Flickr and Nexus who have Nvidia and can't get it to work. A few thought they did until they actually tried using effects you can see ... and they realized it had all been a placebo and it wasn't actually working.

It is Ericka, from Flickr, who has the AMD card and mentioned she got it working while chatting on Steam. She did not go into detail and I may ask her to verify if she did anything special. I am also not sure if she understood I was talking about just Skyrim and perhaps she was referring to other games (as she plays a lot of them and is always changing).

So it would be nice to get another confirmation from an AMD user - if only for the sake of curiosity.

wolfgrimdark wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:I'll give it a go and see if I can get it to work. If you had an AMD card user get it to work, I'll take a look see with my system. For all people rag on AMD cards/drivers/whatever, I've had far less problems than most Nvidia users at least as regards ENB... Feel free to pick on AMD CPU's though... those are crap! =P
Be sure to let me know if you do, even if on AMD, just because I am curious. I have chatted with close to a dozen folks now on Flickr and Nexus who have Nvidia and can't get it to work. A few thought they did until they actually tried using effects you can see ... and they realized it had all been a placebo and it wasn't actually working.

It is Ericka, from Flickr, who has the AMD card and mentioned she got it working while chatting on Steam. She did not go into detail and I may ask her to verify if she did anything special. I am also not sure if she understood I was talking about just Skyrim and perhaps she was referring to other games (as she plays a lot of them and is always changing).

So it would be nice to get another confirmation from an AMD user - if only for the sake of curiosity.
A damn shame really. I was taking some screenshots with ENB + SweetFx on my laptop with a measly GTX 660m and they were looking better than those on my desktop with a GTX 970. On closer inspection, I realized SweetFx wasn't working and so began the desperate Googling and searching for a solution. Uninstalled Nvidia Experience, stopped running ShadowPlay, renamed/deleted dxgi.dll, extracted dxd11.dll and the dxgi.dll from system32, even tried installing Directx 9 2010 build (NOT recommended). No avail. Happy to know that it's not just my system; unhappy to know that there doesn't seem to be a solution right now.

Thanks a lot! Really needed for my always CTD Skyrim

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wolfgrimdark wrote:

Quick question about it... is it all versions of SweetFX or just 2.0? Gonna give it a whirl soon here (life's been insane!) and wanna make sure I use the problematic version(s).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote: Quick question about it... is it all versions of SweetFX or just 2.0? Gonna give it a whirl soon here (life's been insane!) and wanna make sure I use the problematic version(s).
Well for my set-up it failed for three different versions (think an old one Insomnia used, the common one for most Skyrim builds, and the newest with ReShade - combined or stand alone).

The first two simply failed to work at all. The 2.0 version, that is now part of ReShade (although they have an almost stand alone version), does work BUT creates graphical anomalies in Skyrim (with or without ENB installed as I tried both). Earlier in the thread is a link (if I haven't deleted the image from Flickr) of the graphic glitch it caused for me.

Might be some way to get 2.0 working if I could figure out if the glitch was caused by a specific effect or is more something with the DLL. I did some testing on effects by disabling the SFX with the hot key but the glitch remained which has me thinking its the DLL. But I am just doing trial and error stuff - I don't know the code.

Would love to get it working but so far no luck.