Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.278

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.278

Cause of the GECK crash i had recently was because i installed Discord, new chat program for gamers, seem sthat that program is crappy and has a agressive hook into all games you play, even when disabling game detection and hardware acceleration and disable the overlay in the program, there are still problems with it, just wanted to let people know that Discord is a horrible crapware program, if you want to use Discord, use the web interface from Discord, that makes no problems.

You cannot use Version Control and Discord at the same time, it will mess up your master, you cannot use Discord and ENB when you play Fallout, you'll have a black screen, you cannot use Discord and GECK with ENB combined, GECK will crash, you cannot play a bunch of other games without crashes and instability when Discord is active, just a heads up.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

PowderKrankenHousen
There is no better, they are same for you. Nexus have preconfigured setting, while you need binaries from here. Download files here, install, then download from Nexus and overwrite.

Thanks ENBSeries, I'll do that.

Hello again.

I tried to install ENB like you said but it crash when the game is launching (black screen then CTD )
I installed Realism ENB, first I put the Realism ENB files, then the d3d9.dll from the wrapper version of ENBSeries 0.278
HDR was enabled, watter displacement off, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering off too.
When I put the d3d9.dll in a exe folder the game launch normally but the ENB doesn't work (there is no message).

Thank you.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try injector version, if it works, then you have crapware running

I reinstalled the game and it works (wrapper version), the game is beautiful ! Thank you ;)

Could we please finally eradicate the problem of particles that glow at night, such as dust storms, certain smoke effects and npc hairs? I’m aware of Drumber darker meshes, but they don’t work for 99% of ENBs — they’re tailored to vanilla. It’d be great to finally have day, night, interior options for these effects so we can adjust them to our tastes. Hitman and myself tried to fix the issue by ‘attacking’ the animated mesh directly, but to know avail. There is still a large New Vegas community that is releasing mods every day and there are several big projects coming out soon that would benefit from such an update. Our ambitious ENBs won’t be spoiled anymore by these huge eyesores on the landscape. It’s especially annoying when some smoke effects do change with ENB and others right next to them don’t. It’d be really appreciated if you took one last look at FNV, Boris.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have no idea what you talking about, never seen anything wrong.

I'll show you some screenshots when I get back from work, Boris.
It's been an issue many who use Fallout 3/FNV ENBs on the Nexus have talked about for years.

Okay, Boris. I'm back with more of a visual representation of what I was trying to say.
Sorry if my previous comment was unclear.

So, for a long time, when using ENB in FO3/FNV, some particle effects like dust storms glow at night.
For example, the dust storm between El Dorado Gas & Service and Helios One, The dust storm (different mesh) at Hidden Valley during the night, and finally, the hair of NPCs has visual issues during the night and day (day under certain lighting conditions. Usually when shade is involved).

Screenshots:

Near Helios
Image Image

Hidden Valley
Image Image

Random dust wisps that are bright at night.

Hitman47101 and myself tried to fix it. Drumber and several other FNV modders also tried editing the mesh to no success. [I'm actually using Drumber's meshes in the screenshots - results are the same with or without]

With regards to the hair, Hitman actually pointed out, and I quote, 'ENB has a strange affect on hair because some of it's effects, namely SSAO and detailed shadows, can't account for alpha transparency, which the hair and beard meshes use extensively.'
I'm not sure this is the same issue with the particles, but the resulting issue is similar when using ENB.

A fix for the hairs by Marcurios was included with Midhrastic's ENB for Fallout 3, but only eases a transparency problem. It doesn't cure it as a whole - the hair still glows at night.

What I was trying to say in my previous comment was that New Vegas/FO3 (and Tales of Two Wastelands) is still very popular - many people returning to the old games after being disappointed with Fallout 4.
These 3 issues are pretty much agreed upon to be the most annoying issues with the current FNV/FO3 binaries.
Would it be possible to give the binaries one last update to get rid of these problems once and for all, allowing us to tweak the brightness settings of the hair and particles (like we can in Skyrim).