Deus Ex HR 0.276

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Deus Ex HR 0.276

Deus Ex Human Revolution (Deus Ex 3 / DEHR)

ENBSeries 0.276 graphic modification

Optimized a bit ambient occlusions and reflections. Replaced parameter for cyclic config reading by the hotkey.

Re: Deus Ex HR 0.276

Quick question.
It seems the reflections aren't working in this Version.
Could you take a look at it?

Off

On

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have seen properly working reflection at beginning of the game. Shader recompiler code was not changed, so any missing reflection is rather means it's removed in latest game patch as object property. I can check later, but don't think that able to fix that (after some time, game not installed and don't have savegame there).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Works okay for me. Director's Cut version of the game.

Thanks for the quick response.
Problem is solved. I did download again, replaced all files and now it works...

I have no Idea what was wrong the first time.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Increased performance of reflections and quality of this effect.

Hi Boris,

Reflections and AO look and run great in the new update!

Just a few questions and comments.
1. When I alt-tab out of the game with ENB enabled, it goes black, and I have to close the game before re-entering. Is this normal, or is something wrong with my configuration?

2. When ENB is enabled, things obviously overall look much better, reflections, shadowing, etc, but there is one change that's worse, and that's many elements in a scene, that are "lit" (possibly only using some kind of bloom? I'm not sure.) These go "dark" essentially, and it changes the look of the scene quite a bit. Is this a glitch, or something that can be fixed, or does bloom for these elements just need to be re-added in somehow? Just curious. They no longer look "lit up" when ENB is enabled. I will attach some examples of what I am referring to, to this post.

3. Reflections judder/vibrate when moving or looking around. Is this normal?

4. Now that you are working with DX11 on GTA5, do you think there is any chance you will move the ENB for this game over to that API, or is it not worth it?

Anyway, Thanks! Great work, and it looks fantastic. It's really nice to see you working on Deux Ex again. I though you had possibly abandoned or gotten fed up working on it.
Have a great weekend.

Images of "non-lit" lights issue:
http://imgur.com/gallery/6xef6/new

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

1) It's not normal and i don't have such issue. This is actually means unreleased d3d objects -> memory leaks, was the issue of the old game version, so may be you are using non Director's Cut edition? In such case, old mods required.

2) It's because of tonemapping, it can be tweaked in enbeffect.fx shader or UseOriginalPostProcessing=true disables it. Or you may increase amount of bloom and/or properties of light emitters in enbseries.ini, though don't remember if i updated them for Director's Cut version.

3) Have no idea how to fix that and where, it's strange game delay. Did tests if all render targets are captured correctly in same frame, simply mixing scene color, depth and normal (these used in reflection) do not show any misaligment. May be game do not update some variables when generates defer normal, this is hard to see in tests. Ssao do not have such bug and use the same surfaces and it's not that much dependent from normals as reflection.

4) No, i don't work on GTA5, because nobody need the graphics mod there. And i will not develop the mod for dx11 version, i can't notice tesselation or any other graphical changes and almost nobody play the game any more. In general, if any game will be released in dx9 and dx11, i'll choose dx9, unless dx11 much faster and visually better, because dx11 is pain in the butt to modify.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just found what's the problem is with reflections. On the bumpy surface it's obvious that relfection texture lack of precision. Not sure, may be i can replace it with different format, this depends from game itself, if this texture is used for some specific operations (if so, replace will lead to bugs).
Also tested light emitters, seems they works. But that panels seems not and i don't remember was they modified in older versions (non Director's Cut). Will check.

Thanks for your replies, Boris! Very informative.

Interesting to hear about the reflections and the light emitters. Thanks!

In response to your question about the game going black when alt-tabbing, I am definitely using both the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: HR, and your ENB version for the director's cut.