GTA 5 0.275

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: GTA 5 0.275

ENBSeries wrote:Modern ENBSeries do not apply effects on to HUD elements, so it's ReShade or SweetFX, check everything in game folder, may be you forgot to delete. If it's not, probably game patches changed renderer too much, so mod no longer works, in that case can't be fixed.
Thank you Boris for your response. I never used ReShade or SweetFX, only pure ENB with enbseries.ini preset. But this morning I made some tests and I had find that the issue is in AmbientUpIntensityInterior and AmbientDownIntensityInterior (depends in in-game time).

I said that this Phone HUD brightness only happens in garages..and I add that it only happens in garages that have 10 parking lots (they are more bright than the others cause the presence of multi spot light).

To find where is the issue I proceeded with exclusion. So..

1) I deleted all my enb files, then put in my directory all pure 0.275 files the same as you can download here ----> the phone hud was fine
2) I changed enblocal.ini with previous mine preset -----> the phone hud was fine
3) I chanched enbseries.ini with previous mine preset -----> the phone hud was brightness!!

So, I rechanged my enbseries.ini with pure one and made only groups change..

4) I changed only [TIMEOFDAY] in pure enbseries.ini -------> the phone hud was fine
5) I changed [SKY] -------> the phone hud was fine
6) I changed [LIGHTSPRITE] -------> the phone hud was fine
7) I changed [VEHICLE] -------> the phone hud was fine
8) I changed [LIGHTARTIFICIAL] -------> the phone hud was brightness!!!

So, I made only under-groups change of [LIGHTARTIFICIAL]

9) I changed "AmbientUpIntensity" -------> the phone hud was fine
10) I changed "AmbientDownIntensity" -------> the phone hud was fine
11) I changed "SpotIntensity" -------> the phone hud was fine
12) I changed "VehicleFrontIntensity" -------> the phone hud was fine
13) I changed "VehicleBackIntensity" -------> the phone hud was fine
14) I changed "AmbientUpIntensityInterior" -------> the phone hud was brightness!!
15) I changed "AmbientDownIntensityInterior" -------> the phone hud was brightness!!

Now, I think it is a very little issue because it only affects phone hud in interior ambients.
I don't want to ask you to fix this, I know that you don't want to play this game, but I'm happy to get you aware of it..so, for me the problem is solved ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Interiors in gta 5 version do not exist, parameters for them are just copy-pasted from Skyrim mod. I don't know what to expect from interiors if they are not implemented, but for sure phone bug is a game bug, because ambient colors must not exist on HUD elements or any other 2d. Anyway, there is almost no chance that i'll fix anything, players ignored ENBSeries and i'm not a fan of the game to develop something for myself or small group of people.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It hasn't been ignored. I know, I know, your statistics on enbdev say different but let's recapitulate what the GTA 5 ENB can already do: adjust the look of some coronas and tweak the sky and sun and moon a bit. No advanced effects the usual versions can do. People were waiting for some later versions; if I was a regular user, I wouldn't download test versions or rudimentary versions, too.

Then have a look at all the graphics mods that are already out there. Although almost all of them are ReShade configs (after all, what do people else have) but most of them have ENB scrambled into it by proxy feature. People do use it. It's just not like with the way bigger Skyrim community where almost everyone has to download ENB separately.

The thing is also that the average GTA modder is less knowledgeable than the average TES/Fallout modder, hence a small amount of people download ENB itself to mod it but way more are users who don't download ENB itself but finished configs. The download count of the most downloaded graphics mods for GTA 5 is about 40.000. Those adjust the graphics in a minor way. For Skyrim, if we take out Realvision ENB, it's about trice as much. That's more but compare how long these mods exist and how the GTA 5 mods exist. And the Skyrim ENB with all its features is a global overhaul. All you can do on GTA 5 at the moment is play around with the colors a bit, but nothing substantial. You can live without it. But Skyrim looks unplayable without ENB compared to some presets.
The Skyrim are featured by various popular YouTubers and gaming magazines. Except for iCEnhancer, I have yet to see a good ENB mod for GTA featured in any magazine. So even though the community is smaller, they are less featured and the modders don't know shit in general, the amount of downloads is relatively high compared to Skyrim. Talking about a small group of people is really fear-fetched.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey, i did topic at gtaforums about the mod and clearly seen no interest to the mod with responses that game don't need it. In two weeks 1.5 pages was filled and most posts are mine answers why mod do not work.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Regular users barely visit GTAForums and it's badly structured, for the annual awards people get awarded I never even heard of. I had to actively search your thread when I read about ENB news here because I never visit the V section as it is full of spam. At the point you made the thread, V was out for PC just a short while so people weren't really used to it and the unmodded game is very pretty indeed. To be honest I didn't think myself that there is much to improve but now than I see the first proper timecycle modifications, I doubt my sanity.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Meanwhile, my topics there were very popular, except gta5. Even if players can't find it after changes made to the forum, this not explains why i got only response with "game don't need enb". If you don't believe, create there voting thread to see yourself how bad things are.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As if the outcome would change your opinion in any way :p I'll try it at some point, let me recreate some ENB effects as far as it is possible for me (for face normals, I'm pretty proud of my AO) and show it to the people so they see there is room for more than just timecycle editing and the usual color tweaks. If you would add/modify features for GTA V, what would it be?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As if the outcome would change your opinion in any way
As i have anything else to do, except buggy shit called F* which drive me crazy each time i try to touch it.
If you would add/modify features for GTA V, what would it be?
I don't have an answer, don't remember the game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Okay, i'll think that you accepted my words and players not interested in the mod, don't believe in voting for that anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well I start to lose interest in GTA V again...this game is weird. I can spend weeks and weeks in GTASA or Skyrim but GTA V gets boring after a few days messing with it.