GTA 5 beta 0.272

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: GTA 5 beta 0.272

@RedFlamez
With sprites - maybe. But stuff like AmbientUpIntensityDay - it definitely should work for daytime.

Xilandro wrote:@RedFlamez
With sprites - maybe. But stuff like AmbientUpIntensityDay - it definitely should work for daytime.
I see what you mean, especially because I thought the same, but notice the parameter is located under light artificial. Just like in the previous patch its the same value and its effectively this value inside of the timecyc files

Code: Select all

light_artificial_ext_up_intensity
and not this one

Code: Select all

light_natural_amb_up_intensity
Last edited by RedFlamez on 07 Jun 2015, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Xilandro
Sprites and artificial ambient are set to enabled at night/dusk/dawn times in game weather files. Don't waste time tweak them at other time of the day unless you are using specific weather (may be rainy may have those lights enabled much longer).

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Xilandro
Sprites and artificial ambient are set to enabled at night/dusk/dawn times in game weather files. Don't waste time tweak them at other time of the day unless you are using specific weather (may be rainy may have those lights enabled much longer).
Oh, good know, thanks! So I can basically enable it in weathers and enb tweaks will kick in =3

By the way, can I already use enbeffect.fx files for simple postprocessing? Or it's not supported yet? I suppose it's not, asking just to make sure.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Xilandro
No, external shaders are not made yet. The problem is that MS ignored hlsl shaders in dx11 and for them i need to create my own compilation and translation code or use their open source depricated effect file processor. In first case it's hell many work of text parsing (that annotations and texture loading are now way more complex to make). In second case size of the mod will be very huge and a lot of software like Afterburner will not work at all, because they have bug in the core (D3D Overrider based) which don't allow to work with wrapper size above about 2 mb. Also depricated definition means nothing good for me, i don't trust it and i can't use recent bug fixed versions, because stupid MS made new C++ syntax and ported code to it, old compilers are incompatible and i will not use new ever.

*sensei*

No, external shaders are not made yet. The problem is that MS ignored hlsl shaders in dx11 and for them i need to create my own compilation and translation code or use their open source depricated effect file processor. In first case it's hell many work of text parsing (that annotations and texture loading are now way more complex to make). In second case size of the mod will be very huge and a lot of software like Afterburner will not work at all, because they have bug in the core (D3D Overrider based) which don't allow to work with wrapper size above about 2 mb. Also depricated definition means nothing good for me, i don't trust it and i can't use recent bug fixed versions, because stupid MS made new C++ syntax and ported code to it, old compilers are incompatible and i will not use new ever.
Well that sucks mate. Both ways are equally crappy =| What about sweetFX\ReShade thingy? Those guys managed to get shaders work with dx11. It's obviously not the same as ENB postprocessing, but maybe if you ask reshade devs - they'll help you with some useful code, so you won't spend hell of a time to write everything from the scratch (which, I assume, you will make when the time's right). You know, as an option.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't want to ask for help.

No, external shaders are not made yet...
I rather have the second case for sure, and I'm sure many users will understand. DX11 doesn't seem to add much to rockstars new RAGE engine besides maybe better methods of streaming data if they went the sparse texture route which I doubt, as far as feature level stuff on the GPU they only really used it for tessellation and other basic stuff from the looks of it.

I guess on the bright side there is benefits like compute shaders, hull and domain shaders aren't useful in this case. Ok, so there aren't really many benefits but bigger file sizes and no support for in-game overlays aren't that big of a deal for most users I think.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal
Emitter intensity is for night time, video shows bug of game values which have initial non zero.