TES Skyrim 0.272

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.272

IPS panels vary rather largely in quality. At least that was my experience when I had to decide on mine.
I agree that the contrast is not as good as some other panel types, but the color representation and view angle is superior as advertised.
Then again I do not really mind lower contrast monitors, I in general tend to find high contrast annoying after a while. I prefer when things blend more smoothly.

The only time I find them sorta annoying is when you have rather grey images, then you can really kinda see the limitations. Like grey scale color banding etc. I have more or less accepted that the issues due to that is due to monitor choice.

*master*

what model did you get, boris?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

lg 24mp56hq-t

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Returned it back to the shop. Sorry guys, it's good display compared to other ips (visually), but for making textures and other precise things it's pain in the butt. I have tried to make tiled texture like i always do, too many mistakes by colors and brightness because of angles difference, rotate neck here and there is awful. And any bright areas (even middle gray) have difference in brightness of each pixel and violet-yellow small color spots which change with eye position movement, this prevents operations of clearing noise. When moving image on screen, bug is probably visible for any casuals.

On CRT the sand everywhere is okay, while LED IPS per pixel noise is higher than image data and looks like just noisy flat color

Can't see info about update to 0.272 version on the main page. Just a notice.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It was updated too long time ago and probably in archive any mention about it.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Returned it back to the shop. Sorry guys, it's good display compared to other ips (visually), but for making textures and other precise things it's pain in the butt. I have tried to make tiled texture like i always do, too many mistakes by colors and brightness because of angles difference, rotate neck here and there is awful. And any bright areas (even middle gray) have difference in brightness of each pixel and violet-yellow small color spots which change with eye position movement, this prevents operations of clearing noise. When moving image on screen, bug is probably visible for any casuals.

On CRT the sand everywhere is okay, while LED IPS per pixel noise is higher than image data and looks like just noisy flat color
You got a good eye, because casuals won't notice it :) . That's the infamous heavy matte Anti-glare coating (AG), which is pretty common on LG IPS panels on pc monitors. You should look into a glossy screen, without AG, just the protection, which also increase the subjetive contrast. And probably look for a higher pixel density panel too, a 27" 2560x1440 for example to avoid the "screen door" effect.
The other option is to mod the thing and remove the AG layer completely, and get the polarizer exposed, but that is pretty extreme. I did it three times on diferent monitors, years ago, with success and it was worth the risk, it was that bad :x

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/pane ... oval_1.jpg

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/pane ... oval_2.jpg

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/pane ... ings2.jpeg

*master*

just some bunch of economy sidewaysfucked bullshit whats happening with technology "release" anyway these days (and a long time now). if you want to buy a freaking notebook that has the most simple combination of things that actually make SENSE, you have to pay like 1000 bucks or search for it in the ruins of alexandria for 3 years. could be done for half the price, if developers took the time to actually think about what they are doing and what they use.
anyway.. its like 35 degrees here, and there goes my steam..
i dont know about all those panels, but maybe you just got a wrong panel model for the things you want to do with it, there are many different panel models like AH, S, ... etc coming out every day. all with very different good and bad things. and the good ones usually cost a lot more than 150, more like 400 and above.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Made the choice based on available displays in the shops which i able to see myself and the fact that LG is making matrices for the most of ips displays. The price of displays here raise above that one only for models with too high resolution (uncomfortable) or higher screen size (even worse for me). Can't find Eizo displays and don't think they worth risk to purchase from Japan, i'm unlucky person (or rather quality of modern products is shit).
I know that dilemma with laptops, tried to get twice, but they are all sucks by proper feature list unless you buy overpowered model with tons of useless features and overheating issues. I just gave up.

I ended up purchasing the ASUS VS229H-P and have been very satisfied: https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VS229HP/