TES Skyrim 0.272

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.272

Again offtopic. Got another display Samsung S24D590, carefully looked on to artifacts of previous LG and glow on sides is much less noticable on Samsung over LG and all other vendors with LG matrices (i don't trust build quality of Samsung). That image above looks now the same as on my CRT display, i can see the sand actually, not just flat noisy surface. And i don't need any more to hurt neck by moving around when doing tiled textures and testing if they have same brightness everywhere. Unfortunately, i was unable to find Eizo and Nec monitors in the shops to see their image quality, others seems do not have any quality improvements scaled by the price (glossy screen is ultra rare).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Again offtopic. Got another display Samsung S24D590, carefully looked on to artifacts of previous LG and glow on sides is much less noticable on Samsung over LG and all other vendors with LG matrices (i don't trust build quality of Samsung). That image above looks now the same as on my CRT display, i can see the sand actually, not just flat noisy surface. And i don't need any more to hurt neck by moving around when doing tiled textures and testing if they have same brightness everywhere. Unfortunately, i was unable to find Eizo and Nec monitors in the shops to see their image quality, others seems do not have any quality improvements scaled by the price (glossy screen is ultra rare).
I've always been fond of Samsung screens. I have 3 monitors/TV's currently setup and regularly used in my place, 2 Samsung (on the computers) and JVC for the TV (which I believe uses LG matrices). The Samsungs are far superior. The JVC is fine for watching Netflix and the like, which is what I use it for, or the occasional 720p PS3 game but I wouldn't want to use it for any detailed color work. Over the last 6-7 years Samsung has gotten really good and they'd be the first I'd look at (unless I saw a good NEC of course).

*sensei*

Back when I was deciding on monitor the final contestants where a 27" Samsung and Dell... the only reason I decided on the Dell was that there was a 50% price of due to some event during that week... so the choice was really rather simple for me.

As I recall then samsung actually does make their own panels, and slightly different from other IPS, I forgot the details, but they are really high quality for the most part. Also they where the only ones you could really see in local shops. Since the Dell used a similar panel tech, I decided to trust reviews and have not regretted it.

For you Boris I would imagine that nothing short of Eizo would be acceptable... but I can understand those are hard to get transported safely to your location. But somehow if you are willing to throw that kinda money I would actually be kinda surprised if you cant find a vendor that wont be willing to pay for shipping as well!
Most vendors do after you cross a certain threshold... and Eizo should definitely bring you above that.

Ofc. there is the issue of bad pixels etc. But with Eizo monitors I would actually be surprised if any made it though the QA... you got to get something for that price after all!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You know, i trust my eyes only (at some conditions even don't rely on myself), what users write in reviews and how it looks for me is far not the same. Recently i bought Sennheiser headphones and they sucks so much compared to my modded Phillips..., but in reviews users are extremely happy with their quality and on the forums they count me as piece of crap because of my own opinion not the same as their own. And i'm very positive about quality of my old headphones, because comparing them to Elac hi-end acoustics (which i no longer listen, all time near PC, you know). That's why the only display i'll buy is what i'll see and test it, even if Eizo is made in Japan, it's no longer guarantee highest quality as it was long time ago, life is changed, business have different priorities to stay alive in modern world and long live hardware is worst thing for developers. The rules of firms here which deliver Eizo or Nec are not user friendly, our laws do not allow return "complex devices" and such service purely based on loyalty of hardware shops. Because it's i-net shop (just a small, not newegg like) i'm sure they will not bother if display will not fit me well by quality or even have bad pixels.
Well, i'm still feel comfortable with this new Samsung display, at least i feel like it's the best possible quality of LED at this moment. For extreme tasks i'll keep old CRT display in the closet.

Boris, I have a problem with vsync, perhaps you can help me out.
Basically the game feels very smooth when it's locked at refresh rate, but if I in a certain situation I lose like 3-4 FPS, it looks like the game is running at a choppy 15-20 FPS (even though FPS counter is still reporting much higher than that).
The movement looks very juddery and uneven, and that's with only a few frames below refresh rate. This doesn't happen when I disable vsync, but we all know that it's pretty much required in Skyrim.

What's going on here, is there anything I can do about it?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Can't say for sure, never saw anything like that, except the issue with prerendered frames and it acts different a bit and not dependent from vsync at all (you may try to set max prerendered frames to 1 instead of 3 in nvidia control panel, at cost of performance). Recently with all these monitors bothering i have seen that some of them have nvidia and amd specific tricks, named gsync and freesync (not sure), may be they acting weird? Or another new thing for me in led displays "overdrive", if it compencate data from previos frame. If not these, may be it's buggy triple buffering somewhere forced and you see previous and current frame switched. Make sure WaitBusyRenderer=false and VSyncSkipNumFrames=0 set in enblocal.ini. For sli/crossfire such bugs probably simpler to understand, but i don't know how to fix (at least do not enable temporal antialiasing).

Thanks, this is a great addition for vanilla game as well. Now there practically a total freedom in creating a unique look for specific important locations.

Skylighting optimization sounds absolutely great as well, will report back in case of any issues.

Where can I find download link for this? :/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is a really old version, just download the newest.

To do so, go to enbdev.com > Downloads > select game > select version > scroll down and click the arrow.

mindflux wrote:This is a really old version, just download the newest.

To do so, go to enbdev.com > Downloads > select game > select version > scroll down and click the arrow.
I'm trying to use Kinematic ENB and it says to use that version. I'm not sure if they just haven't updated the "summary" page for the ENB or if i'm actually supposed to just use that older version. Sorry; i'm new to this stuff :/