TES Skyrim v0.106 BETA test

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim v0.106 BETA test

I'm not sure if anybody need ssao at all. On screenshots posted no one use it. I did the mod for pretty character's lighting, but what i see is absolutely reverse result with color filters. How to work in such circumstances, when tundra is yellow and sky is black?

No, Boris, what I was saying was that my screenshots of 106 are all using SSAO. I turned Ambient Occlusion on, and the shadows got dark and weird in some photos.

Maybe the Depth method you were testing for 105 got ported into 106?

I used to always use SSAO before and my pictures used to look this in 102/103:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/ ... _00002.jpg

But now it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/eDKS6.jpg

Trust me, we want SSAO :lol:

*master*

I think most people don't use SSAO for now is because it costs too much performance and if you would optimize the SSAO more people would use it. These are my thoughts.

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadows are the same for me with this vs 103, I don't get the really dark shadows I had with 105 (SSAO enabled). Not sure why you wouldn't just leave SSAO in though, if it's too much for some they can disable it.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Confidence-Man wrote:Not sure why you wouldn't just leave SSAO in though, if it's too much for some they can disable it.
Agree with Confidence Man. I don't use it because it murders performance on my rig (I run AMD, but I also run a ton of texture mods aswell) but most Nvidia users should have little trouble with it, or anyone with a higher end AMD rig than mine.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

SSAO doesn't hit performance too hard if you turn down the filter quality and tweak the sample size, etc. -- at least for me, that is. Unfortunately, the quality decreases in a non-linear way when one turns down the quality settings. What does kill my performance is SSIL, either just by itself or with SSAO. It's enabled by default with SSAO in all the stock enbseries.ini files, I believe, so you have to manually disable it to just run ambient occlusion by itself. It's a shame, because indirect lighting is such a beautiful feature.

What may be causing the problem with SSAO performance is that it applies occlusion to distant terrain, which I don't believe the nVidia drivers do, or I just may not notice it. I don't know if there's a way to limit the rendering distance in the .ini or .fx files, but that might help. There is the "FadeFogRange" feature, but it only appears to apply to a spherical area around the character.

I'll run some tests on 1.03, 1.05, and 1.06 and post my results.

Pelter

Hello I just signed up to say 2 things.

First your ENB is amazing for Skyrim, it really improves the visual quality of the game.

Second,
I need to report a bug because it can be really irritating. I was using your ENB version 1.05, everything ran fine but the shadows flickered like crazy so I had to give that version up. Now I moved on to your new version 1.06, the shadows no longer flicker, but now I get a weird issue where in indoor areas I get massive stuttering. It is not framerate lag but actual stuttering. I the place I see this the most is inside the dungeon entrance of Labyrinthian. Also I am using Confident's ENB profile but I also used this profile in version 1.05 and it didn't cause problems so I don't think it would be the profile's problem.

My game does not have this issue with ENB off and this never happened with version 1.05 so I thought I would report this bug and hopefully you can fix because I love this mod.

My video cards are 2 Nvidia GTX 480s in SLI (just in case it helps knowing).

EDIT: Also figured I would add that the ENB profile I am using has SSAO off and Anisotropic filtering off, I am forcing those through nVidia control panel instead.

EDIT 2: I can rarely get the shadow flicker to happen again but the best place to repicate this is go to the entrance gate of the blue palace and just walk back and fourth, the bushes will flicker a bit. Sorry If I am being annoying now, I just wanted to post all the bugs I have found. I really appriciate the hard work on this mod.

Seems found how vendor hack works in TES Skyrim, i'll try then to continue with optimized version based on 0.105, if this mode doesn't have much bugs (game still very buggy, guess they will not be fixed at all).
Cookie for you ;)

It seems that the "dark shadows" bug in v0.105 and v0.106 are a result of forcing SSAO through nVidia drivers, at least for me. With v0.105 and v0.106, I still do get some flickering, but only during weather changes outdoors. In most areas, I get a solid 60 FPS using v0.105, with slightly decreased performance using v0.106. I like SSAO, but it's not a big deal in Skyrim for me because they use so much dynamic shadowing that it's hardly noticeable. v0.103 is the last "bug free" version for me, but I get a max of 40-45 FPS when using it.

Hope this helps and I apologize if I've restated anything others have already reported. Great news about figuring out the nVidia vendor hack, Boris!

my pc:
CPU Intel Q9550
RAM = 4GB
GPU = Zotac Nvidia GTX570 Amp!
Mods: Official HD texture, Mountain & terrain 2048x2048 HD texture,

103:
Config: HIGH detail (shadow med), SMAA, AA0, AF8, Ambient Occlusion off
Indoor: 10-40 fps (when the fog and smoke compare in the area the fps decrease)
Outdoor: 12-25fps (depend of shadow I thing)
City: Markart 5-16fps

105:
Config: ULTRA detail (all sett to maximum) , SMAA, AA16, AF16, Ambient Occlusion ON
Indoor: 68-90fps
Outdoor: 36-60fps
City: Markart 28-40fps

106:
Config: HIGH detail (shadow med), SMAA, AA0, AF8, Ambient Occlusion OFF
Indoor: 13-35fps
Outdoor: 12-30
City: Markart 5-20fps

For now, the 105 version is IMPRESSIVE!!!! I'm so sad that the development of 105 features will not be implemented in the future release