Deus Ex HR 0.268

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Deus Ex HR 0.268

Deus Ex Human Revolution (Deus Ex 3 / DEHR)

ENBSeries 0.268 graphic modification

This is updated 0.088 version for latest Steam edition of the game "Director's Cut". Unfortunately game itself is badly programmed and new version even worse (probably based on old game patch), not big fun to modify it, while game itself is very good. Don't think it worth modding now, but may be someone will try it out, mod even with limited functionality gives very different look. Performance of reflections is lower in this version to make them looks a little bit better.

Re: Deus Ex HR 0.268

Thanks for the update Boris, any idea why I might be getting a black scree? I can only see the mouse cursor in the menu, everything else is black whether.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Windowed mode may be. Or antialiasing forced in driver.

No, I have tried a few things including windowed off/on and I don't have forced antialiasing. I'll wait for other people to report in just in case the problem is at my end.

Thanks so much for this, Boris! Great news!
It looks like shadows are removed for this version. Just working on that code, or is there something wrong with compatibility from this version of the engine?

Also, was wondering, do you plan ever to work on DX11, both in general, and potentially for this game?

Anyway, great work! Thanks a lot. Will get on testing it out.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Shadows were not available in public versions of the mod ever and will not do them, because many game lights have bugs and my shadows casted from the other side of the wall f.e.
Dx11 in this game do not differ from dx9, except tesselation which i haven't noticed at all (characters are ugly anyway, tesselated or not). I'm don't see any point to modify this game and to fight with it bugs in dx11 too. As for dx11 mod in general, there is no game yet which really need modding and dx11 only, but i have such version just in case.

Ah, I see. Makes sense then. I think I misremembered shadows being in an older version.

And, that is true. Tessellation is for the most part all DX11 is used for in DX:HR, which is nice, but it doesn't change anything large and offers far less visual benefits than your ENB.

Thanks again for your work. You always do a great job. I'll test this version and take some screenshots tomorrow when I have some time.
Good to hear you're prepared for newer, (and I presume future) APIs, if you need to be.

It's a bit off topic, but I'm curious, what do you think of DX12, Vulcan, etc, and the rise of "low-level" APIs? Supposedly the new DX:MK will be launching with DX12 support according to a press report, which makes it one of the first confirmed games to be using it. Do you think it will make as huge a difference as far as reducing CPU bottlenecks and optimising games as people want to believe?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You must be kidding. Dx12? Deus Ex HR have tons of graphic bugs in dx9 and they will do it with absolutely unknown dx12 which is far not unsafe to hardware and hdd data? No thanks, i'm out of this shit on my pc. And better graphics? Did you see their trailers for DEHR and what they said? The fact it's outdated much before game release. And the last, these low level access apis are useless, because very low competence of modern game programmers, there is no way to prepare objects for rendering that fast, it's very visible to me in all the games i modify, when drawing time is equal to precomputation time. With "great" new languages like C# and Unity engines everything even worse.

Is there a way to disable the horrible generic bitmap reflections ? They are so distracting and look terrible compared to the enb's reflections.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No without extra modding by me or by making those textures darker (don't think that modding tools for this game exist).