Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.267

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.267

Hmm, Tessellation means DX11.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tiled lighting is not global illumination, it's just a technical term which do not affect any visuals, the methos how lights are drawed. And it's also means no shadows from many lights.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:And it's also means no shadows from many lights.
Sounds crappy. Do you think it's fixable on a mod side? Or it's a fact we should just deal with?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tiled lighting and shadows are possible with non generic implementations, but it's not for bethesda developers for sure. Mods will not fix the issue, such lights must be replaced with shadowed and slower or intensity decreased. I can make static projections only for performance reasons, but game world is dynamic, so it's really hard. From other side, dx11 allow to bake geometry without cpu involved, depends from render engine pipeline. Will see.

*sensei*

Yeah, bethesda doing its stuff again :lol:
Just watched videos again, and you're completely right, there are no shadows from lights whatsoever. At least in exteriors. So far only light that casts shadows is sunlight\moonlight.
Anyways, thanks for quick response mate! I hope when F4 is out - you'll play it first and have fun)

*sensei*

Yeah, that's what I was bumped about the most. Post-apocalyptic world SCREAMS for a good lightning/shadows rendering, like in Doom or F.E.A.R, where the shadows and dynamic lights made the creepy scenes all by themselves! That applies especially for interiors - I mean, I don't mind the exteriors having only sun/moon shadows, but having a completely live-less interiors with awfully bright ambient lighting and shadowless area pip-boy light instead of a point flashlight attached to the gun or the head, is EXTREMELY infuriating... Just imagine walking into a completely dark office covered with ghoules, with your flickering flashlight being the only light source in the building... ARGHHH, There's SO MUCH potential in that!

Oh well, it's Bugthesda after all. I gotta admit, other than that - I'm somehow extremely hyped for the game and genuinely thing that it'll be an absolutely awesome game, I've never been so anxious to play any game. I even bought a Pre-order and Sesson Pass for the first time in my life! Hell, my hopes are really high, both for F4 and Boris ENB. Fingers crossed ;)
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor