TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

I have an issue with the new 2.66 version. I optimized my texture sizes and the game ran very smoothly with just some little hickups. Now with the reduce of memory use my game stutters everytime I rotate the camera.

Lagfix = same as everybody else capped to 30 fps or something

Hello, Boris. When I first reported the problem with the FixLag, I was also using vsync. I just now tried disabling Vsync and the performance improved. I guess I was just having the same locked 30 FPS issue as everyone else. However, I don't really notice any improvement with the lag fix on and vsync off. My FPS is the about the same as 0.265 without the fix and I still get occasional lag spikes (along with some screen tearing due to no vsync...), so it still seems the fix is not working as it should with AMD cards.

Also, I can confirm that the water issue is fixed. Thank you for the quick update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dragens
I will not remove optimization of vram. If it leads to performance issues, it's on your side only (that damn lag or something else). This is not extra computation, no performance hit at all, just removing internal textures if not used and reuse another more frequently. Compare average frame rate at certain place, if it better or the same, it's driver lag. If it slower, i can only give tests with random changes, but it's painful. One more thing. I don't recommend to toggle ssao/taa/reflection/dof while game running, because textures are removed from video memory to create new, this is new behavior.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Dragens
I don't recommend to toggle ssao/taa/reflection/dof while game running, because textures are removed from video memory to create new, this is new behavior.
Will toggling those in-game no longer work or will it just result in performance loss and/or take a long time enable/disable (like pressing Apply Changes button)? EDIT: It seems you answered this question in the OP and I just didn't pick up on it. D'oh!

EDIT: I'm having the capped framerate with Vsync and FixLag=true as well. In addition, FixLag cut my performance by almost half and increased loading times by about x3. I'm going to go ahead and say it really doesn't do anything good for AMD cards. Still testing things out beyond that parameter. So far performance does seem pretty good with FixLag off so that could well be those other optimizations you made. I haven't touched Skyrim for a little while so it's hard to say absolutely for sure if it's that or my memory being faulty. Either way, I'm happy with it :)

*master*

I agree with you boris that the problem is on my end your system runs very well. The problem is that people use your mod to have 4k textures. But everytime a big texture is dumped and you walk around or look around and the same texture is jumping in again it gives a loading lag of textures.

I have for the most part only 2k textures and some 4k textures. The game is jumping in texture loading since 2.66 that is all what I wanted to say. The bigger the textures the greater the lag or stutter or what every you want it to call

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Btw, I'll drop a line with JoshEzzel (author of Unique Grasses and Groundcovers) and see if I can get a hold of him. He's not actively modding right now but working on developing an Indie game with a group of author modders using Unreal Engine 4. It looks promising. Anyways, I'll see if I can get a hold of him and direct him to your post.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dragens
This can't be. If internal surfaces where not used, but existed (f.e. when ssao disabled), why without them empty space give any problem? Result must be totally different. I already compared code changes everywhere, no mistakes, only pseudo code like this for some effects:
if (EnableSSAO)
{
CreateRenderTarget(TargetSSAO);
CreateRenderTarget(TargetSSAOFilter);
} else
{
if (TargetSSAO) delete(TargetSSAO); TargetSSAO=NULL;
if (TargetSSAOFilter) delete(TargetSSAOFilter); TargetSSAOFilter=NULL;
}

Jafin16
I've posted on the Nexus mod page, but don't think he will see that. And i don't want to send PM there as don't like to recieve them myself (99% users asking for tech support being lazy).

GTX Titan Black GHZ further OC'd to 1020/1125 memory bumped to 7200
VSync in the Nvidia panel is set to adaptive.
[Engine]
EnableVSync=true

[LIMITER]
FPSLimit=60.0

these are working for me with no issues with .266
average 40 fps outdoors on a heavily modded 2 and 4K terrain, with SFO, grass at 70. uGrids 9
average 59 indoors with lots of again 2 and 4K stuff, armors on mannequins and all.

so far it is working well for me
just fyi

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dragens
What is you videocard model, vram size, ram size, os and [MEMORY] parameters in enblocal.ini?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Jafin16
I've posted on the Nexus mod page, but don't think he will see that. And i don't want to send PM there as don't like to recieve them myself (99% users asking for tech support being lazy).
I sent him a PM on Nexus and Flickr so hopefully he'll notice on one of the spots.