TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

Boris: Got to chip in and say this.

If ENB in its current state is something you have made without any hard work... then one can only dream about what you could create if you actually did work hard on it! :o

Thanks for everything you have made so far... I know I personally have learned a lot from using your work!

Thank

Great,thanks for the upgrade.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi boris,

you're probably not in the mood for modding lately, but have you considered doing the "interleaved rendering" with your SSAO like NV's HBAO+ ?

It should increase SSAO performance on same quality, 2 times faster on 1920x1200 in NV's presentation.

Here is the document if you are interested
https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/defa ... ntPost.pdf

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Impossible to use interleaving, because i computing ssao with per pixel normals, while nvidia paper use per vertex (with per pixel it's not "the same" quality). Here is my old video which show the difference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV6Z0KDtdP4

*sensei*

First things first. Boris I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well. My guess is that Russia will continue to walk down the dark path for years to come.
If you have run out of all options of getting a decent life in Russia, move. There are game studios begging for experienced developers and I'm pretty sure studios know your name by now.
If you can you really must move.
We owe you a TON. Not just us on the ENB forum, but the whole modding community regarding Skyrim, Fallout, Dark Souls, GTA, Resident Evil, Oblivion etc.
CGI ENB

ENBSeries wrote:Don't think that somebody could help. I've lost the reason to live and at same time situation forcing me to buy flat, any available, just to stop loss what i earned, shitty ussr ghetto buildings like in Stalker game. I'm so fucking "proud" to waste so many years and health to be able to buy such shit, while in other countries realty is cheaper and much better. Okay, let it be, i did that for stupid mother who made both us homeless, but she ignorant now and want to live outside of the city. I can't let her do this alone (i can't be alone too) and i can't accept that, because it's the end of life, no internet, no job, no future, because russian villages are dead, it's a ticket to one end. Any of my choice leads to something bad and i don't have time, because unstable economic situation, first i lost money because of keeping part of them in russian currency before sanctions were applied and oil price decreased, then i exchanged money to euro and us dollars with too big delay, now effect is reversed, they cost each day less and less than exchanged them. About 2 years of my life lost and this is with my very good salary compared to most people here who have 3-4 times lower. Now i'm not able to work as programmer any more because of health issues, don't know what else can i do. All these freaking me out, i just know that did everything wrong, would be better to create family when i was young and completely ignore stupidity of parents, now it's too late. Situation is not under my control and any effort is useless, except implanting another brain to some persons.
Why not start charging money for new ENB releases?

For example say people need to raise $2000 for a new version of Skyrim ENB.
Or $10,000 for GTA 5 ENB etc....

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haha! I've lost more than that in just last week.

*master*

... and you can make more than that on kickstarter in just one day.

i didnt want to write anything here about that topic, because it is not my business, and i dont know anything about all your circumstances.
but that idea with kickstarter had been in my head a long time, and i always wondered why you wouldnt try. with your prerequisite, it is just there for the taking...
also how i see it, you have 3 "problems", in that order, mother, health, money. you have to attack all 3 at the same time! and kickstarter could kickstart your life again.
try it, do it professionally, dont just create a kickstarter site in 1 minute, do it for real with very good site design and coverage of the project you want to do. ask people for advice about it.

on a sidenote (and for the sake of one example). i watch a lot of twitch streamers. and to be exact i often watch the guy "dansgaming", and he does kickstarter reviews every week with a minimum of 5000 viewers. he is a diehard! skyrim and bethesda games fan! just imagine what a firework that will be.

maybe i guess i am just stupid here, and yea i dont know shit about your circumstances... so sorry, if i am beeing direct and naive maybe. also i dont know about licensing issues with kickstarter and making money with enb for those games...
and i dont know about your health issue, if that even allows for such things. i hope it can be recovered from!
i just needed to get all of this off my chest.

anyway, i wish you all the best and luck for the future!
i just wish i could help in any way.

I'm going to fully agree with benhat. People like myself have been using enbseries for years now. No reason we cannot give back. Additionally with what benhat mentioned, just think about all the reviewers out there for just skyrim that do tons of reviews for enb's released because of enbseries. enb is huge, no reason to not capitalize on that. And while money isn't everything, it can sure change someone's life. I am positive if you started to contact some of the enb profile author's you could garner some very solid support for your efforts.