TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

Hello, Boris.

Would it be possible for you to enable parallax functionality with UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No, it's impossible by all means.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12449 - paid modding for Skyrim.
I can hardly believe this. Seems mod piracy would be a thing.

*master*

JF049 wrote:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12449 - paid modding for Skyrim.
Hell yeah! Why shouldn't talented modders get paid just like the big boys? If the quality is there, I think it's completely fair to charge for it. It's also just the reality of where the games industry is headed I think. This and the Unreal Engine giveaway and thier similar marketplace are real game changers ;) .

Speaking of quality product, Boris, you should start charging for ENB. Now is the time! Amirite people?

Is there anything stopping you, technically or legally, from changing the download page to be something like this Steam sliding pay amount with a "BUY" button?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

number6 wrote:
JF049 wrote:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12449 - paid modding for Skyrim.
Hell yeah! Why shouldn't talented modders get paid just like the big boys? If the quality is there, I think it's completely fair to charge for it.
Except the mod author gets only 25% of the actual sale. 30% goes to Valve and 45% goes to Bethesda.

I've no problem paying for a mod if it's worth it (mods on the scale of Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, and up and coming huge mods like Luftharaan) AND the money is going to the person/people who made it, but 75% of it going to Valve and Bethesda, who already got their money from the game when I bought it and the DLC's? No... I've donated here many times. I've donated to a few mod authors over the years. I don't see this going well. There's already a change.org petition with over 10,000 signatures! You can check it out here if you care =P https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-t ... m-workshop

Boris... I suppose now is the time to start charging if you wanted to! :)

Is it normal that ENB disables Skyrim's own vsync?

With iPresentInterval=1 and without ENB = no screen tearing
With iPresentInterval=1 and ENB (EnableVSync=false) = massive screen tearing

As you can see I have disabled ENB VSync, but shouldn't the game just keep using its own VSync?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

EnableVSync=false
You must be kidding right?

ENBSeries wrote:
EnableVSync=false
I have it enabled, don't worry. Even if it wasn't I have driver FPS limiter enabled. Enabling ENB FPS limiter causes heavy amounts of stuttering when turning for some reason.
You still didn't answer my question, though. Does the command EnableVsync control not only ENB vsync but also the game's own vsync? Because as I said, without ENB I have no screen tearing at all, but with ENB I have tearing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

In order for ENB's VSync to work, Skyrim must have Vsync enabled. Then ENB takes over, which your own experiments indicate. If I'm not mistaken iPresentInterval=1 must be set for driver enabled Vsync to work too though I'm not 100% sure on that.

*master*

Frank
EnableVSync=true allows the game VSync settings to be used.
EnableVSync=false disables VSync. It doesn't simply ignore VSync - it actively disables it. If you don't want ENB to do anything with VSync you need to disable the effect or remove d3d9.dll from your Skyrim folder.

Boris describes this in an earlier thread:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2834&p=47488&hilit ... ync#p47488

You are getting screen tearing because EnableVSync=false disables VSync no matter what it's set to elsewhere. Your stuttering is likely tied to another issue and might be solved by running the game in a borderless, fullscreen window via enblocal.ini and skyrimprefs.ini settings. All Bethesda games that use this engine (i.e. Oblivion, Fallout3, FNV, Skyrim) have been plagued with stuttering when running fullscreen on a 60Hz display. Since windowed mode forces desktop video settings, this is a viable solution for many. If that doesn't help, you may need to change your memory settings, and not just the true/false ones.
Frank wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:
With iPresentInterval=1 and ENB (EnableVSync=false) = massive screen tearing

As you can see I have disabled ENB VSync, but shouldn't the game just keep using its own VSync?
I have it enabled, don't worry. Even if it wasn't I have driver FPS limiter enabled. Enabling ENB FPS limiter causes heavy amounts of stuttering when turning for some reason.
You still didn't answer my question, though. Does the command EnableVsync control not only ENB vsync but also the game's own vsync? Because as I said, without ENB I have no screen tearing at all, but with ENB I have tearing.