TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

Are you sure? We owe you a lot, Boris.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tricky wrote:Are you sure? We owe you a lot, Boris.
That's 1000% sure.
Skyrim owes you a lot. Bethesda owes you a lot.
I wouldn't even launch Skyrim anymore from years if it wasn't for ENB.
As I said once, as soon ENB is being developped for a game, we're not playing the game with ENB anymore, we're playing ENB and the game is only something we can build on.

I don't know what's going on for you, and you wouldn't tell me/us, but if we can do something to ease your life, even by a small percentage, please tell it right away.
Whatever. Whether you quit modding or not.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Buy him a new gauss cannon for his armored pet bear.
I'm currently upgrading mine, and Boris is probably concerned about the same thing.

ps: dont offer a nuclear launcher for pets, tovarisch Putin has already provided one for free.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't think that somebody could help. I've lost the reason to live and at same time situation forcing me to buy flat, any available, just to stop loss what i earned, shitty ussr ghetto buildings like in Stalker game. I'm so fucking "proud" to waste so many years and health to be able to buy such shit, while in other countries realty is cheaper and much better. Okay, let it be, i did that for stupid mother who made both us homeless, but she ignorant now and want to live outside of the city. I can't let her do this alone (i can't be alone too) and i can't accept that, because it's the end of life, no internet, no job, no future, because russian villages are dead, it's a ticket to one end. Any of my choice leads to something bad and i don't have time, because unstable economic situation, first i lost money because of keeping part of them in russian currency before sanctions were applied and oil price decreased, then i exchanged money to euro and us dollars with too big delay, now effect is reversed, they cost each day less and less than exchanged them. About 2 years of my life lost and this is with my very good salary compared to most people here who have 3-4 times lower. Now i'm not able to work as programmer any more because of health issues, don't know what else can i do. All these freaking me out, i just know that did everything wrong, would be better to create family when i was young and completely ignore stupidity of parents, now it's too late. Situation is not under my control and any effort is useless, except implanting another brain to some persons.

Boris
You're right, there is not much i can do to really help you in this situation but maybe this will help to cheer you up and to give back a little bit in return for your masterpiece, ENBSeries. --> Link

I've always felt bad to take donations for just making some settings in an ini-file that's nothing compared to what you've done for us. So, and from now on, everything will be redirected to you, that's the least i can do.
Hope, there will be a solution for you, without closing modding and without losing fun or happiness.

best regards

*master*

Boris, maybe I am being naive, but it seems to me that ENB could be making you some good money if you created something like a Kickstarter to develop it into something more formal. If you went all out and made an API out of it I think that would get a lot of interest, but there are probably many alternatives that could also be marketed. You already have huge exposure from the Nexus community alone and I think people would love to both pay you back and get the their hands on something new with ENB. You just need something to "kickstart" it more than the donate button on the main page. Just my humble opinion. Best wished regardless.

What number6 just mentioned, "You just need something to "kickstart" it more than the donate button on the main page", seemed a great idea to me and probably to some users, too. A kickstarter or something like that I think can benefit you and users on both sides.

Cheers, and wish you will conquer all the difficulties.

*master*

Wow... that sucks in ways I can't begin to imagine. And you're a very good son for wanting to take care of your mother. But at the same time, you're both adults, you both have to make decisions about your life, and you both have to live with the results. Have you told her how you feel about the move? If so, and if she still insists on moving to the middle of nowhere, then that makes for a very hard decision.

As far as making some money, as an alternative to kickstarter, have you thought about something like a monthly subscription? You already do updates and bug fixes, and ENB already appears to phone home in order to find out if there's a new version, so adding a check for a valid license might not be too hard. You could still do "free" releases from time to time, but maybe restrict the more advanced features to those with a license. Sure, it'd get cracked and all that other stuff, but most people are honest, and if the monthly fee was low enough, you'd probably have a lot of takers. I mean $5 US/mo X 1000 users would be at least a little bit of money. And I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than a 1000 ENB users.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

narphous
She insists actually. Agreed with what i say in general, but next day always returns to own path.

I don't want to use any subscriptions or something like that for the mod, because of several reasons:
1) Gamers are not all adults
2) My mod increase the cost of bills for electricity
3) I don't work on the mod hard enough to ask payment for it
4) I can't work any more as programmer and this means that time for the mod is reduced also
You know, mod is not the game, it's even not screen capturing tool or something else useful. May be i'm naive, but it's my choice.

Boris,

If you are thinking of discontinuing development because of financial reasons (I think I am reading this thread correctly?) Please reconsider. There are many of us out there that would be willing to donate in appreciation of your effort. You have brought many additional years of game play to many of us. Thank you for all your effort and I hope you will look toward supplementing your income with donations from the community.

1: I am 45 in July
2: You can get this back in donations
3: That is not true at all
4: Perhaps some donations or a fundme/kickstarter campaign would allow you to put more time into this

Get the word out to MxR, hodilton and Brodual and I think you would be surprised. Anyway, just meaning good wishes here sorry to intrude.