TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.266

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.266

Removed bloom quality parameter, it's obsolette and i forgot about it.
Reduced video memory usage when some effects are disabled, because it's the reason of low performance with 1gb or less videocards. Negative side effect is delay when activating temporal antialiasing, reflection, ambient occlusion, depth of field, at that moment all textures unloaded from vram and recreating again.
Fixed performance drop when terrain parallax is not enabled. I forgot to disable this in recompiler, so in previous version parallax code was always computed (with my videocard it's very noticable performance hit).
Added EnableZPrepass parameter to enblocal.ini to increase fillrate performance. It may fail if skyrimprefs.ini is not configured properly. This optimization works by not drawing pixels behind objects close to camera, so fps boost depends a lot from camera, visible objects near and far from camera, screen resolution, video memory bandwidth.
Increased quality of sky lighting effect.
Added FixLag parameter to enblocal.ini (require restart) which reduce annoying delays mostly in windowed mode, you know it's kinda frames skipping issue when videocard is very busy even at high frame rates. Feature is experimental hack found by me, made for NVidia card, seems it not work for AMD. If it useful, i'll make separate set of wrappers with only it enabled. Let's dance boys

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

Thanks for the update, great stuff. The new FixLag parameters sounds interesting, have to test it.

*master*

thanks boris
like your new signature

Hey Boris,

Just downloaded the new version and the FixLag parameter isn't in the enblocal.ini file for the Wrapper Version.

*master*

TechAngel85 wrote:Hey Boris,

Just downloaded the new version and the FixLag parameter isn't in the enblocal.ini file for the Wrapper Version.
It was generated in my enblocal.ini after running the game once.

Ah, I haven't ran with it yet. Was just using the file as a reference to update the content on STEP and noticed it wasn't in there. It is in the Injector Version file.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This is mainly an FYI.

Been taking each of the presets I manage (7 total that use current binaries) through some common test areas in the game (lag points, heavy textures, etc.) and so far 266 has been running well. Two places I crash a lot I did not crash with 266 (could be some other factor involved though). Performance overall has been good. Just light testing though - more just running around and seeing how it played. That, at least, has been smooth so far.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85 wrote:Ah, I haven't ran with it yet. Was just using the file as a reference to update the content on STEP and noticed it wasn't in there. It is in the Injector Version file.
It will also remove the BLOOM quality setting from the enbseries.ini. You probably updated that as well but thought I would mention it.

The fix lag setting (if anyone is curious) is FixLag=true

Hello, Boris. Thanks for the continued updates. However, I would like to point out a potential bug with the new ENB 0.266:

With ENB 0.266, the ENB underwater effects do not work properly for me. If I go under water with the underwater effects enabled, the surface of the water is totally transparent and there is no underwater blur. If I switch back to ENB 0.265, the underwater effects work fine.

Also, I know that you mentioned it as being experimental and that it might not work with AMD cards; however, the new "Fix Lag" parameter seems to do the opposite of what it's supposed to for me. Enabling "Fix Lag" caused my performance to drop from between 40 and 50 FPS to less than 30 FPS. My GPU is an AMD r9 280.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TwoArmedMan15
Well, this is driver dependent thing, guess without amd card i can't find similar dirty hack.
Underwater was modified, i removed fade out, because it require additional render target and not much visible when silhouettes enabled. I'll update version silently in several minutes, try it and report.

Is the FixLag works for NVidia users or it's just me?