TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

Since you cant do kickstarter I reckon you should set a goal for people donate a certain amount of money via PayPal and then you will start to make an attempt on modding GTA5.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

My paypal account was blocked yesterday.

ENBSeries wrote:My paypal account was blocked yesterday.
What? How? Why? wtf?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

What a load of shit.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:I'm not wasting time for grinding as much as did that in Final Fantasy 14. FF have 50 levels and it took 8 days to lvlup them the same way of playing as i do in GW2. In GW2 totally 80 levels and i'm 52 now in 3 days of active playing. It's because of a lot of mini events and quests you have while traveling the world and xp from visiting new places. May be with lvl80 some stages of top gear will be available the same way as in FF14, but i don't bother about this any more, have spent a lot of time to get very high stats in FF14 and perfect rotation. Such things actually just makes game freaking hard to play, it's a big chance to steal aggro from tank and difference between other players in dungeons is very minor, it's a fight for less than 1% damage stats.

GTA5 almost don't have anything to modify from my side, all things can be tweaked in game files.
Theres no point in chasing after gear in GW2. Once you got your lvl 80 Exotic armor (wich is fairly easy to get, see temple armor) the amount of time required vs. the actual gain in stats for ascended armor is fucking riddiculous. Dont bother.

Play GW2 just for exploring the world, doing quests and leveling different characters / races / classes. That way youll get the most fun out of it.

It works with Sweet.FX btw

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sounds like another embargo :/

I know it might be a shitty time but sometimes distractions are a way.

Skyrim uses cubemaps for puddles and wetness effects.
Is there a way to apply an environmentshader on the game or ground/objects when it's raining like data\textures\dlc01\cubemaps\dg_cubemap.dds ? (2kb)
A frost cubemap like winterhold has, would also a possibility. Or maybe only when it's snowing, although that's kinda unrealistic nature wise.

I know there are parameters for specularmaps for different weathers in enb, but the effect is pretty different.

I know Enhanced wetness and puddles is using it with specific cubemaps for specific locations, but with a more simplified cubemap like above it should work for everywhere.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46915/?

Isn't watch dogs doing something like that with it's streets in the rain, but with reflections(which we also have, thanks to Boris) and probably another technique.

Now punch me with a club, if it's a stupid idea ^^
Last edited by Pfuscher on 15 Apr 2015, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

ENBSeries wrote: 4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide.
Sorry, just had to register an account to say, as bad as things seem this should not be an option for you, hoping I look like
an idiot and not seeing your off the cuff remark as just that, but there are people who can help. I know what stress can do
and how it can affect us all. Chin up and all that, but if it helps there are people you can talk to before going down any of those
roads. They will listen and even talking about it helps. (I would have PM'd you but couldnt, new member so could be that).

Anyways, big fan of the work that comes from these parts so good luck with all that.

Cheers
Chris

scousechris wrote:
ENBSeries wrote: 4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide.
Sorry, just had to register an account to say, as bad as things seem this should not be an option for you, hoping I look like
an idiot and not seeing your off the cuff remark as just that, but there are people who can help. I know what stress can do
and how it can affect us all. Chin up and all that, but if it helps there are people you can talk to before going down any of those
roads. They will listen and even talking about it helps. (I would have PM'd you but couldnt, new member so could be that).

Anyways, big fan of the work that comes from these parts so good luck with all that.

Cheers
Chris
You people over at /r/games on Reddit take stuff WAAY to seriously lol.

You people over at /r/games on Reddit take stuff WAAY to seriously lol.

aw mang... /r/pcmasterrace for me bud, but like I say, I don't mind looking like an idiot. Just looking out for your mate...

anyway, there are plenty of other causes to stick my digital foot in... up, UP and AWAY!!!

ENBSeries wrote:I was wrong. Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA5, so at this moment impossible to do anything via editing game files. All my buddies modders share the same opinion, that GTA is short living like any other game whithout mods, so i do not care about modding it unless:
1) modding will be possible by changes in future patches or when drm and encryption will be hacked.
2) when game will have stable patch which works for every player.
3) i don't see much potency to modify the game, just a few minor changes without "wow" effects, just make it possible to tweak everything is definetly not for first day players, so better give it some time and see, perhaps game will be dead very soon (see p1).
4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide.
Wait a fucking sec.

What is the reason behind that, if it's just the .rpf files being encrypted and therefore not accessible, technically speaking some crazy chinese dudes will ultimately break that down, right ?

But yeah, if not this game is basically dead in a month. Modding was always the main interest i had with GTAs. Even if not officially supported.