TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

Thanks for the response TAZ. From my experiments, you are correct in that the SunIntensityNight SKY setting only has an effect if the SunLightingAmountNight MIST is also not zero. However, the VOLUMETRICRAYS IntensityNight setting seems to brighten the night independently of either of those values. It's no problem just turning these down, but some presets (including prod80's latest "Serenity ENB _ ExtendedFX") have SunIntensityNight and SunLightingAmountNight settings that make the night bright so I am wondering if the ENB dll has changed how these values are interpreted.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Try different weather, may be it's just not zero data from the game. Also mist computed from sun and sky both, so increasing sky parameters of it for night will make mist brighter.

*sensei*

How about I made nights intentionally bright like vanilla because I like them that way... I know Sun influences Mist and that I raised Mist very high to get mist visible at night over mountains. It's design choice, nothing wrong with ENB. I don't aim for realism, screw that, just make stuff look interesting :p Just set Mist Skylighting stuff thingy to same value as sunset and reduce direct lighting night to lower value to balance out the darkness in fog and you're all set for more 'realism' or whatever that may be in a PC game with magic and dragons and moons the size of Jupiter. ;)

*sensei*

ENBSeries looks like TAA produces high ghosting on parts of character(clothes, hairs, well, yeah, boobs) controlled by hdtPhysicsExtensions. Is this fixable? Are you willing to look into this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uriel24
The ghosting with TAA is well known with any fast moving object (like physics controlled objects) and can't be fixed because of limitations with how it works.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uriel24
It can't be fixed. If object moves or vertices animated somehow, their position from previous frame can't be restored. I already compute error of short movement, higher length of vector for searching not worth performance loss.

*master*

How about I made nights intentionally bright like vanilla because I like them that way... I know Sun influences Mist and that I raised Mist very high to get mist visible at night over mountains. It's design choice, nothing wrong with ENB. I don't aim for realism, screw that, just make stuff look interesting :p Just set Mist Skylighting stuff thingy to same value as sunset and reduce direct lighting night to lower value to balance out the darkness in fog and you're all set for more 'realism' or whatever that may be in a PC game with magic and dragons and moons the size of Jupiter. ;)
After some troubleshooting, it turns out the problem has nothing to do with your aesthetic choices prod80, but with a mod I had installed. ;) The mod More Plausible South Side Sun modifies the sun position and therefore has problems with ENB. The description page mentions problems with the rays effect, but apparently this night sun is also a side effect.

With mod:

Without mod:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Out of simple curiosity and nothing more, how much of a performance loss would that incur? TAA intrigues me because I've never seen anything remotely like it anywhere else.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16
Can't say for sure, process is similar to encoding video or applying slow motion plugin to video. To find where position is moved, shader must process in cycle every pixel of area around target, bigger range is better chance to find it (but it may not find at all or find wrong, will be buggy looking). This means two texture reads for each pixel, transform that data to 3d space and compare. And try to do this for 16*16 pixels on screen, which are not enough when object moving fast or close to camera, but slower than ssao+ssil at highest quality and full screen resolution. Optimization to ignore this computation if pixel found do not work with grass mods as there each blade is very thin and moving, code will fail 99% times running at full speed and producing many artifacts like grass moving very fast and slow, kinda random. For proper method of drawing velocities i don't want to waste another g-buffer (the last one left unused) and make complex code which detect which objects are moved and if that was actually same object or clone. Instead of all these i'm just reducing antialiasing amount if transformed pixels are not the same between frames, but this is not perfect computation with any kind of transparent effects and objects as overlays.

ENBSeries wrote:I've seen in bios this (photoshop actually) kind of hairy lines which are moving very fast each frame like any noise (vertical line stay at same place).
That looks like VGA memory is defect.