TES Skyrim 0.265

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.265

You seem to have rather extreme torchlight number6, may want to look into a mod that makes torch light some better ;)

*master*

prod80 wrote:You seem to have rather extreme torchlight number6, may want to look into a mod that makes torch light some better ;)
Um ok. Any suggestions? How that is relevant to the sky issue though?

*master*

number6
Any light source that is of excessive intensity will cause the illumination of distant objects to appear diminished. This includes the sky gradient. If your torches are too bright, it will make the sky look too dark. It is important for everything (sky, clouds, fog, pointlighting, etc.) to be in balance so that this doesn't happen. Also, if you have a mod that is making the torches this bright, it may be affecting other light levels/colors. If you want the preset to look as prod80 intended, you will want to find and remove those mods. Or, if you have made adjustments to any light sources, you should reinstall the ENB preset to restore them to intended values.

Also, if you want to avoid obvious distortion, you should limit FOV to a maximum of 75-85.

*master*

Maeldun wrote:number6
Any light source that is of excessive intensity will cause the illumination of distant objects to appear diminished. This includes the sky gradient. If your torches are too bright, it will make the sky look too dark. It is important for everything (sky, clouds, fog, pointlighting, etc.) to be in balance so that this doesn't happen. Also, if you have a mod that is making the torches this bright, it may be affecting other light levels/colors. If you want the preset to look as prod80 intended, you will want to find and remove those mods. Or, if you have made adjustments to any light sources, you should reinstall the ENB preset to restore them to intended values.

Also, if you want to avoid obvious distortion, you should limit FOV to a maximum of 75-85.
Thanks, those are all great tips. I understand that if there is too much lighting in the scene it can affect the intensity of the sky. Especially if the adaptation settings have a wide range. But in this case none of that was a factor in how the sky looked. It was simply because of that mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Doing some vram optimizations, because mod have 83 internal render targets of various sizes, which cost a lot of vram. Removed few big surfaces and for several effects did the code which create them only when enabled, so you will notice lag when temporal antialiasing is turning on, reflections and some other effects (clearing vram before creating them). But there is a one thing i can't handle - size scaling surfaces for reflection and ambient occlusion. Their size depends from SourceTexturesScale parameters in enbseries.ini, 9 textures summary (and 12 if ssao supersampling is enabled), so it's a lot of vram when SourceTexturesScale is close to 1. Do you mind if i'll make internal limit for this parameter, for example resolution 1024*(1024/aspectratio) is maximal for them? So if you have dsiplay resolution 1920*1080, SourceTexturesScale will be 0.5 internally. Can you see these changes, for ambient occlusion and for reflection separately? It's not much visible imho, but may be someone know specific scenario where big values worth it (SizeScale must be bigger or equal anyway).

EDIT: Forgot one thing. Bloom quality parameter modify size of bloom texture. 0 - 768*768, 1 - 512*512, 2 - 384*384. This is obsolete from older versions of the mod, but i forgot to force it to 512*512. Will be updated in next version to 512*512 resolution as i did all code thinking it's used.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Doing some vram optimizations, because mod have 83 internal render targets of various sizes, which cost a lot of vram. Removed few big surfaces and for several effects did the code which create them only when enabled, so you will notice lag when temporal antialiasing is turning on, reflections and some other effects (clearing vram before creating them). But there is a one thing i can't handle - size scaling surfaces for reflection and ambient occlusion. Their size depends from SourceTexturesScale parameters in enbseries.ini, 9 textures summary (and 12 if ssao supersampling is enabled), so it's a lot of vram when SourceTexturesScale is close to 1. Do you mind if i'll make internal limit for this parameter, for example resolution 1024*(1024/aspectratio) is maximal for them? So if you have dsiplay resolution 1920*1080, SourceTexturesScale will be 0.5 internally. Can you see these changes, for ambient occlusion and for reflection separately? It's not much visible imho, but may be someone know specific scenario where big values worth it (SizeScale must be bigger or equal anyway).

EDIT: Forgot one thing. Bloom quality parameter modify size of bloom texture. 0 - 768*768, 1 - 512*512, 2 - 384*384. This is obsolete from older versions of the mod, but i forgot to force it to 512*512. Will be updated in next version to 512*512 resolution as i did all code thinking it's used.
Can't see much difference between SourceTexturesScale 1 and 0.5 (downsampled from 4k, sizescale 1)

SourceTexturesScale 1.0

SourceTexturesScale 0.5

Still it is nice to have the option to set it to 1

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, i did now two conditions, internal and hidden. Source textures scaling can't be bigger than size scale (which is effect resolution). And source textures scaling is clamped by 768*768 maximal resolution, depending from screen resolution. Tried to see the difference in poor debug ssao view at 1920*1440 and seems this resolution is the lowest without visible artifacts of any kind (grass blades are not changed much, because filter applied to them anyway).

Is there any way to find v0.265 to download? 266 doesn't work on my computer, the earliest version prior is 262, and from what I can tell, the only versions that work on my computer are 264 and 265.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There's something wrong with your setup. There's no logical reason why 0.264 and 0.265 work but 0.262 and 0.266 don't work. Try resetting your .ini files to default and, if that fails, reinstall Skyrim. Someone around here may have an archive of binaries around but I don't know of one.