TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion (TES Oblivion, Обблевон)

Memory patch ENBoost 0.259

It's Nexus web page is here http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45266/?. This is patch which increase available memory for game process, it do not apply any graphical changes. It's only useful when you have many mods installed and high resolution textures, in that case game may run out of memory and crash without this patch. One solution is 4gb patch, but it's doing only part of job, this one is similar, but increase memory even more (can be used together with 4gb patch). Tweaking and installation is same as ENBoost for TES Skyrim and Fallout 3, you may find them on Nexus web site.

PS: binaries are in patches, not graphic modifications!

Link to OR, it's compatible with ENBoost, i recommend it instead of ENBSeries for Oblivion:
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45749/?

Re: TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Will the mod increase performance or conflict with Oblivion Stutter Remover/OBGE? Anyway, thanks! I'll try it out right now.

EDIT: It seems to work with OBGE just fine but I disabled the stutter remover instead of checking compatibility. I really love the borderless windowed option :D

What are the chances of getting ENBoost to work with ENB binary 0181? Right now chaining the two together causes a crash.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Malonn
Incompatible absolutely. Unless i find and fix all reported bugs in ENBSeries for Oblivion, i will not release ENBoost inside it (but i able to see only one issue with transparent sprites on the other side of the river when you first exit from sewer).

Dork
It increase performance, but you will not see it, Skyrim less optimized and speedhack made for it. Also some optimizations disabled, i can't play game too long to test them and not sure about AMD compatibility. Performance will be much better for videocards with 4-6 gb of memory and certain setting for memory manager, but only when many texture mods installed and these textures loaded in to memory (and you have 8+gb of ram with x64 OS).

ENBSeries wrote:The Elder Scrolls Oblivion (TES Oblivion, Обблевон)

Memory patch ENBoost 0.259

It's Nexus web page is here http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45266/?. This is patch which increase available memory for game process, it do not apply any graphical changes. It's only useful when you have many mods installed and high resolution textures, in that case game may run out of memory and crash without this patch. One solution is 4gb patch, but it's doing only part of job, this one is similar, but increase memory even more (can be used together with 4gb patch). Tweaking and installation is same as ENBoost for TES Skyrim and Fallout 3, you may find them on Nexus web site.

PS: binaries are in patches, not graphic modifications!

Hi Boris,
This is a weird problem encountered some time ago, but didn't think it was an ENB issue. The issue is running GOTY Oblivion in Win 8.1. There is a problem when entering any inn in Cyrodiil.
The Appcrash points to d3d9.dll as the problem, and the program is closed from the taskbar, as "Cancel, Try Again, Continue" have no effect. Removed Enbhost and d3d9 and the issue is gone.
It's weird in that the prompt is calling for Oblivion.exe in H: drive. And due to machinations when installing Win 8, the "H" drive was renamed to "I". And going into Computer Management, there is no way of getting any drive renamed to "H" as it is not on the available drive list. Reserved perhaps.
I have gone through the registry, and there are no references to "H" drive there either.
Entering any of the other interiors (or exteriors) e.g shops, castles, dungeons doesn't get the error.
I'm pretty much in the dark about this one, happy to take on any suggestions. :?:

http://imgur.com/q5d5Bzg
Last edited by lmstearn on 23 Apr 2016, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i can't say anything about it, only one idea came to mind, but i don't think that can test it myself with win7 and winxp. Give me detailed instructions how to get there and what to do.

Actually, it's not a crash,- I'll get to that next paragraph. Just acquire the disks for "GOTY Oblivion" :lol: and install with ENBBoost and visit any inn. You'll never get in, because of the "No disc" "Cancel, Try Again, Continue". Old Software- new OS- TBQH I can live with that. ;)
The Appcrash happens when Oblivion (OBSE_Launcher) is launched from WryeBash mod manager. Do you get that?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i don't see the bug myself and the idea i had is wrong, it's for ENBSeries shader recompiler, but it disabled in ENBoost. Game never reset device when traveling the world, so files of mod config never read after start, this means bug is not in ENBoost. Try ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false

Hi Boris,
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false didn't help

The crash from WB is a c0000005. From StackOverflow (I think you know all this)

Code: Select all

Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights. Most commonly this is caused by:
•Accessing a stale pointer. That is accessing memory that has already been deallocated. Note that such stale pointer accesses do not always result in access violations. Only if the memory manager has returned the memory to the system do you get an access violation.
•Reading off the end of an array. This is when you have an array of length N and you access elements with index >=N.
I configured compatibility as XPSP3 on enbhost with runasadmin. Can't do much with d3d9. Possibly a 64 bit issue. Maybe a problem with WB.

The real mystery is the problem visiting inns in Oblivion- Can't imagine how this was triggered by ENBBoost. Did a crude workaround for a visit to an inn (Courtesy Alenet)

Code: Select all

@echo off
echo 

REM check if d3d9.dll.null is in the same directory as the rename will fail and game will crash
IF EXIST "d3d9.dll.null" del "d3d9.dll.null" /Q

echo Renaming Directx library...
ren d3d9.dll d3d9.dll.null
ren enbhost.exe enbhost.exe.null
echo Starting Oblivion no Boost for inns...
start obse_loader.exe

echo Waiting for exit...
:LOOP
timeout /t 1 /nobreak > nul
tasklist /fi "IMAGENAME eq Oblivion.exe" | find /i "Oblivion.exe" > nul
if errorlevel 1 goto END
if errorlevel 0 goto LOOP

:END
ren d3d9.dll.null d3d9.dll
ren enbhost.exe.null enbhost.exe
Last edited by lmstearn on 03 Aug 2014, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.