TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Hi Boris,

No worries about modding, sorry to hear you have issues in RL.

Apologies but can you point to a tool that will show this adequately than?

I use task manager or Process Hacker to show memory usage of any given process in Windows.

So far Process Hacker has been correct in showing ENBHOST.exe memory usage in Skyrim (it went as far as 3 GB in some instances) but when looked up in conjunction with Oblivion it only shows roughly 1.8mb and stays there while memory usage for Oblivion.exe fluctuates between 1.7 and 3gb.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

VMMap is perfect for that.

Relataing to this post: it's a problem with the way Win 8 assigns drives on the machine.
For no disks in each E,F,G we get "continue, try again, cancel" message boxes generated by the system.
In Batch code cycling through valid drives, clicking "cancel" cycles over to the next drive.
Running code from certain programs e.g. D3D9, it expects a read on the drive, and so "cancel" fails.

These cannot be changed in Computer Management.
It's strange as my current assignments are
C:NTFS
D:DVD
I:NTFS
J-M: Flash Drives
Ran the excellent Drive Cleaner from Sieber Tools but unfortunately no change.
The second NFTS drive "I" was added as a second drive prior to upgrading from XP to 7. It should have been added as drive D before installing from the Win 8 DVD. Drive "I" might have had old XP MFT corrupted stuff on it. The W7 didn't grab it properly and was renamed from H to I after installing Win 8

So for some reason this has disrupted the pool of removable drives. Inserting the first USB stick won't allocate the E: label. Instead it will be assigned to J: Thus E,F,G have become ghost drives, permanently awaiting media which will never be assigned.
So I dunno, does D3D9 read from the _next_ drive or the next "loaded" drive?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I do not read from any hard drives, except installed game folder and Windows system folder. No enumeration, nothing at all.

ENBSeries wrote:I do not read from any hard drives, except installed game folder and Windows system folder. No enumeration, nothing at all.
Oblivion sits on the "I" drive, but it's the GOTY CD version, reading from drive "D". Something expects drive "I" to be Drive "H". It's certainly a problem unique to this rig, and a problem with the way the OS handles the Oblivion program calls triggered by something in D3D9 (the nine divines know what). Probably cured by re-format and re-install of OS. :roll:
Thanks very much for the help. :)

@Boris,
Entertaining the use of the new OBGE IV (Oblivion Reloaded) and would enjoy these two mods working together in harmony. Is there any major obstacle as to why they shouldn't? Thanks, :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know. OR author tried to find compatibility issues, succeded or not, no idea.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to post link to OR, it's compatible with ENBoost after some collaboration with OR author.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45749/?

when is ENBoost getting merge with enb 0.181?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think this will not happen, because OR project right now have compatibility with ENBoost and it's better than version of ENBSeries for Oblivion (i did it just to render hq characters, for myself).