TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

oblivion looks so much better when OR and enb 0.181 are used together, it would be amazing if enb 0.181 and enboost could be used with OR.

bump

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I already said that enboost is compatible with OR and i cannot make graphic changes to break this compatibility, author of OR spent lot of time to make them both work.

*sensei*

Wee bit of a necro, but 'ey.

Is there any chance of having the draw call counter added to ENBoost? With AMD's Zen coming up, a few forum members over on Anandtech agreed to benchmark how draw calls affect performance on the new chips, with Fallout New Vegas as the benchmark. What with it having little work for a modern GPU.

Oblivion would be much better though, since it has a forward renderer, and has fuck all threading. Being able to see how many calls are being made, in the Imperial City when it's raining and torches are out, would be a pretty damn good test.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fallout New Vegas do not differ much from Oblivion by such things. Also both games are useless, cause dx9 games are almost not released these days and old games running fine already with modern CPUs, such test only shows the fact of performance difference, but nothing practical. Fallout 4 fit much better. Or even special tests of instansing, from NVidia for example with space ships and asteroids.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/pix/20 ... dows-beta/

The trusted old X360 profiling tool PIX is back. It's DX12 only, though, but it's more relevant anyway.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Fallout New Vegas do not differ much from Oblivion by such things. Also both games are useless, cause dx9 games are almost not released these days and old games running fine already with modern CPUs, such test only shows the fact of performance difference, but nothing practical. Fallout 4 fit much better. Or even special tests of instansing, from NVidia for example with space ships and asteroids.
But the games run terribly on AMD CPUs, due to the draw calls. With a vanilla setup, in the Imperial City at noon (shadows + reflections enabled), my Phenom II is just shy of 30fps. Same scene but with raining weather + torches, I'm below 20fps.

It's to see if AMD has finally fixed their draw call deficit. Forward renderer + lots of lights + frustum culling only + small GPU burden = draw call hell.

Doesn't Fallout New Vegas have per object lighting, whereas Oblivion redraws the scene for every light? So the "formula" looks kinda like: No. Of Draw Calls = No. Of Objects + (No. Of Objects * Number Of Lights)

Problem with Fallout 4, is that it's pretty heavy on the GPU. I can't tell if it's my 965 BE or my 7850 that's causing me to constantly jump down from 30fps in moderate scenes.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The best test is synthetic, not Fallout or Oblivion. If some guys testing Fallout NV, then they use only it, so you asking me for no reason and need by yourself do the tests, but how, if you don't have new cpu from AMD? The best you can do is to ask people to run small demo to test, that's all, almost nobody install FNV for that and use your saved game.

PS: In the past to test i used HLSL_Instancing.exe with disabled instancing to measure draw calls performance. It's from old NVidia SDK, direct3d9 demos

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:The best test is synthetic, not Fallout or Oblivion. If some guys testing Fallout NV, then they use only it, so you asking me for no reason and need by yourself do the tests, but how, if you don't have new cpu from AMD? The best you can do is to ask people to run small demo to test, that's all, almost nobody install FNV for that and use your saved game.

PS: In the past to test i used HLSL_Instancing.exe with disabled instancing to measure draw calls performance. It's from old NVidia SDK, direct3d9 demos
Actually, a few people on Anandtech were interested. One or two of them will be buying AMD's Zen CPU, which will be compared to others. I prepare the save + ini settings (super low texture & shadow & screen resolution), and they'll report back the drawcalls:framerate.

My request, was a draw call counter for Oblivion. The other ENB's have it, so I figured it would be a simple copy-paste job (spoken like a true noob).

Edit: Duuuuude, that demo is awesome. Found it in a large web archive: http://www.tommironty.fi/screenshots/DirectX.html

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I can make, but it's definetly very subjective thing, better to use more synthetic test, believe me, cause it gives 3 times bigger difference between intel and old amd cpu, while game will not show such dramatic difference, there are other things which matter more in games, including cpu dependency by processing power, not just draw calls bottleneck. So on practice to test games is not what you need, new amd cpu maybe faster than intel for draw calls, but weaker in something different, so everything must be tested separately. For me not a problem to make counter, but it is useless.