TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Oblivion 0.259 ENBoost

Got a hold of an i7 6700k, and boy oh boy does Oblivion run better. Without reflections, My minimum framerate is around 80fps in the Imperial City Market District. With reflections, 50fps.

Curiously, why do reflections cause such a sharp hit to the framerate, even when there's not much being reflected? Feels like there's no frustum culling being done.

Aaaand I've a request. Any chance of adding an IgnoreConstructionSet option? Having the borderless settings set to 1 causes the render window to take up the whole screen. Even better, would be to have EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks function with the CS. Less memory usage 'n' such.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, i'm busy now and as remember, abandoned Oblivion version because it have bugs which i can't find myself. And there is another project of graphic enhancement made not long time ago for this game, it is compatible with ENBoost.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry, i'm busy now and as remember, abandoned Oblivion version because it have bugs which i can't find myself. And there is another project of graphic enhancement made not long time ago for this game, it is compatible with ENBoost.
Aye, no worries man. As far as bugs go, there's only a couple I've found. AO causing transparent hands, and ShadowBlurring causing NPCs to clip each other's shadows.

I checked out that Oblivion Reloaded mod actually. Christ almighty, that thing's intense. Brings the framerate right down, and water won't render unless it has reflections. Decided to stick with ENB and hack together an enbeffect.fx shader.

*sensei*

So Oblivion's piqued my interest again. Got burnt out after having to reload the game a gajillion times to get the shader variables half-way decent, as well as getting utterly lost in de-scripting Frans.

But 'ey.

Aside from lacking the active variable changes, ENB also hooks into the Construction Set. This is a problem with the Construction Set Extender, so being able to stop it hooking the CS, by editing a setting in the ENB .ini, would be fab.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

There are two other projects for this game, obge and one recent don't remember it's name. Why not to use them?

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:There are two other projects for this game, obge and one recent don't remember it's name. Why not to use them?
They perform horribly. Just having that new shader framework's post processing shaders active, and nothing else, drops my framerate from the high sixties, to the low twenties. A big reason is due to the horribly performing water shader being mandatory; it just kills the framerate on my 7850.

Your ENB performs magnitudes better, and is much less convoluted to edit.

i'm using this enboost stuff for oblivion and skyrim for a long time. it's still working great and is the only solution to prevent ctd in a heavily modded game. many thanks for this great enhancement!

obge/liquid water is quite unstable so i would recommend oblivion reloaded as the modernized and more stable version of obge with many useful additional features. i have no performance problem at all with oblivion releoaded. i wrote a guide on nexusmods com to prevent any problems with oblivion reloaded related to grass settings and so on.

old sweetfx, oblivion reloaded and enboost work together without gliches - at least for me.
newer sweetfx and reshade versions seem to indroduce problems with enboost. with skyrim it seem to work but can not get it to work with oblivion - at least the newer reshade versions.

i wish there would be a similar enboost for fsx 32bit flightsimulator. this would prevent many memory related ctd playing in high res modded environment.