Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Last edited by CyberPunked on 12 May 2014, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

My Flickr for all things flickry

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hmm, I think I've read that family sharing doesn't allow you to circumvent VAC bans anymore. Which is just as well. I've fired off an email to someone I know over at Valve. Maybe he can help or patch through.

Don't get your hopes up.

Oh, and I don't think Gottfaust was saying anyone could fuck off besides people that were nagging Boris about crashes, IF they were caused by pirated copies.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

Well they have removed VAC from the Steam store page, so there's that

GottFaust wrote:... even if your steam is offline you will be VAC banned for using a trainer. The flag is saved locally and then sent when you reconnect.
This is incorrect. First of all, let me quote the VAC support/FAQ page.
VAC FAQ wrote:If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.
The VAC signature-check is not performed unless you are connected to the VAC host-server. Basically, you can do whatever the fuck you'd like as long as you're offline.

Secondly, let me quote the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
Steam Legal SA/ToS wrote:4. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other Subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use imposed by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software or modifications of Software (“Cheats”). You agree that you will not create Cheats or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.
See that? From a legal point of view, you have only agreed that they can limit your game access (i.e banning you from playing multiplayer) if you use an external tool to cheat while you are using their online services. Yes, I'm one of those people who read all the agreements instead of just clicking next. It may take some time, but everyone really should do it.

^^^I like this guy

Also so this doesn't get buried for Boris:

Here you go, Boris:
1 - Get a Trainer for Dark Souls 2 here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110 ... Tre%7D.rar

-When you load your character with the trainer, press the + on the number pad to give your self 10000 souls.

This trainer will only work if you have the game on Steam and updated. If you don't have the game legally, you will have to select a trainer that is the same version as your game here: http://m0006.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc ... %20TRAINER

You can find the version of the game at the main menu in the top right.

2 - Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRBobs_ag8U

-Go to the merchant and buy something worth 1000+ souls
-Return to the bonfire and rest there.
-Go back to the merchant and buy the Elite Knight Helm
-Done
-You can stand on the hill near the bonfire and the statue to get flickering when wearing the helmet.

ChaosDuck wrote:
GottFaust wrote:... even if your steam is offline you will be VAC banned for using a trainer. The flag is saved locally and then sent when you reconnect.
This is incorrect. First of all, let me quote the VAC support/FAQ page.
VAC FAQ wrote:If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing on VAC-Secured servers in the future.
The VAC signature-check is not performed unless you are connected to the VAC host-server. Basically, you can do whatever the fuck you'd like as long as you're offline.

Secondly, let me quote the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
Steam Legal SA/ToS wrote:4. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other Subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use imposed by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Software or modifications of Software (“Cheats”). You agree that you will not create Cheats or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.
See that? From a legal point of view, you have only agreed that they can limit your game access (i.e banning you from playing multiplayer) if you use an external tool to cheat while you are using their online services. Yes, I'm one of those people who read all the agreements instead of just clicking next. It may take some time, but everyone really should do it.
Regardless of what you THINK you've agreed to: you will get VAC banned for using cheat engine in offline mode. I know because it happened to me personally while I was attempting to mine some of those hidden stats from the game like exactly what the SM tiers are and exactly how many i-frames that Agil gives you.

Thankfully I thought ahead and was doing it on a family share account which brings me to my second point: family sharing does indeed circumvent VAC bans.

GottFaust wrote:
Regardless of what you THINK you've agreed to: you will get VAC banned for using cheat engine in offline mode. I know because it happened to me personally while I was attempting to mine some of those hidden stats from the game like exactly what the SM tiers are and exactly how many i-frames that Agil gives you.

Thankfully I thought ahead and was doing it on a family share account which brings me to my second point: family sharing does indeed circumvent VAC bans.

So you are saying you got banned, but thought ahead and now you are not banned?.. either I am reading your post wrong or you were trying to say something else.

Anyway, It hasn't been proven to give you vac bans, for people using cheat engine for non cheat things... if VAC was disabling accounts then we would see ban waves occurring and complaints flooding the steam forums.

If you were banned, its probably because some code was changed in the exe via injection but you forgot to relaunch the game when connecting to offline mode.

GottFaust wrote:Regardless of what you THINK you've agreed to: you will get VAC banned for using cheat engine in offline mode. I know because it happened to me personally while I was attempting to mine some of those hidden stats from the game like exactly what the SM tiers are and exactly how many i-frames that Agil gives you.

I'd like to see proof that you actually was banned, because I don't believe you. If you were, you are the only person to coe forward with it so far. There's a general topic somewhere on the Steam forums where people could report in if they got banned - NO ONE did yet.

So, proof, please.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Saves do not work from other players, at least for me.
I'm not using any trainers or cheating software ever because of security reasons and also not interested to have VAC ban. And i'm not planning to discuss why i can't get VAC ban, because i'll get it as tons of other users disregarding any information you have found about it, it's just do it whatever you say, by all reasons, known and uknown.

CyberPunked
I don't have 1000 souls, don't know how to get them and how much do i have.