Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

gkar wrote:anyone know of a way to bring up a menu (like skyrim console) that stops mouse input effecting the game? So I can edit the config.

many thx
If you just have a different window set to active, you can edit the settings by simply mousing over them.

For example, I just have an empty notepad open, then alt tab over to it when I need to edit settings. Once tabbed over, I can just mouse over any item and hit enter to toggle it, type in numbers as usual, shift + enter to close the window, and Shift+F12 to toggle the effect.

Alo81 wrote:
gkar wrote:anyone know of a way to bring up a menu (like skyrim console) that stops mouse input effecting the game? So I can edit the config.

many thx
If you just have a different window set to active, you can edit the settings by simply mousing over them.

For example, I just have an empty notepad open, then alt tab over to it when I need to edit settings. Once tabbed over, I can just mouse over any item and hit enter to toggle it, type in numbers as usual, shift + enter to close the window, and Shift+F12 to toggle the effect.
shall try that thx for input.

ENB with DS2 really does look fantastic.

*master*

another idiot question, this time regarding bloom.

Are there any other bloom controls other than amount day/night?

I tried the bloom file from BleakENB (I think it was a modded Matso's) and it had a great CA effect on bloomed objects but also had ALF, which no matter what setting I fiddled with, turned all bright objects white.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Lots of bloom files have lots of parameters you can fiddle with. Try one of Kyo's extensive shaders because those are well organized and sort of tell you what not to change and what you can fiddle with. Even if you're not going to use them (I don't always do that per se, even if some of Kyo's work always creeps in because he sees what I'm trying to do or where I'm mistaken and tries to code a way around the conundrum), they are mightily educational. Don't be afraid to change some values and see what they do. Also, you wouldn't be worse off reading a bit about HLSL code before you start. It's not all too difficult to understand once you get the hang of it (even if I can't code worth shit).

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nvm.
Last edited by Oyama on 19 May 2014, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

wickfut wrote:another idiot question, this time regarding bloom.

Are there any other bloom controls other than amount day/night?

I tried the bloom file from BleakENB (I think it was a modded Matso's) and it had a great CA effect on bloomed objects but also had ALF, which no matter what setting I fiddled with, turned all bright objects white.
Always consider the enbseries.ini as the surface.
Everything, control wise, lies in the shaders themselves.
The default enbbloom.fx doesn't include any preset define, so you'll have to use one that does, mine, or Matso's.
The file from Bleak was mine, f.e. , and you can easily disable ALF in it via commenting its define //USE_ANAMFLARE .
Or, as midh said, you'll have to dive in HLSL (High Level Shader Language) and edit your own codes/parameters.
prod80 did a great job on bloom recently, but it requires depth sampling from the binary, which DSII's binary hasn't, unless i'm mistaken... (Boris ?)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Sorry about the mixup. I downloaded a shedload of Skyrim presets and had a look through them, trying a few bits out here 'n there, I must have got mistaken between them.

As for learning HLSL.. The last time I programmed a computer was in 1991, it was a database language called PL-1, the compiler came on a 5" floppy and we backed up to a large cartridge tape recorder.

Looking at the HLSL "idiots guides" seem to all assume you have a background knowledge in C. I guess I'll just have to keep on randomly changing numbers in the hope it has an effect on what I see on screen and then trying to figure out the setting I want from it.

:)

.. and thanks for the info

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Most welcome ;)
And that's exactly what I did : fuck all the settings until I understood something :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Same here. But contrary to Oyama's case, I never much learned anything by doing so, so I'm still bumbling like an idiot, making anything I do a matter of perseverance instead of design.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

*sensei*

Guess I got some good news in that regard then!

I am almost at the point where I can release the next version of my files.. which offers up a new framework for the ENB shaders that make them much easier to work with and understand... at least that is the goal! :)
So far I have covered the enbeffect.fx and enbbloom.fx file.. and working on the DoF, and then someday I will get the sunsprite one down.... have to dissect and optimize and compress all that kyo code.. it takes a while! :D

Currently I have them out at some beta testers and awaiting their feedback.

Granted they are being developed for skyrim first.. but from what I have seen then it is rather easy to convert them to other games that ENB support!