Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Yeh, good luck with working things out. Also you put quite a bit of effort in to making an ENB for a game that you dislike, more than we could of asked for really :D If you continue development, great! If not, no worries.

My Flickr for all things flickry

dark souls and demon souls are smart games for smart people

Most games coming out today hold the hand of the gamer the entire way through, where as the Souls series is designed the opposite
The tutorial is vague and for a reason, its for the gamer to discover how to do things through reading.
Boris, we aren't forcing you to develop enb futher on any game even tho some people are expecting it, we aren't paying for the service so there is no reason to complain.

Also a note on AO, I thought using Nvidia inspector added AO back into the game, then again tbh the AO looks ugly no matter how its enabled in the end.

The fact that the game is rage inducing doesnt deter many people from picking up the controller and playing again, with mods in DkS1 I even used mouse and keyboard for around 150 hours of my playthings. Because the mods made it work flawlessly.

The game imo is about trying and trying again until you get it right, the reward is gigantic and that sensation of winning is insane.

ENBSeries wrote:Folks, i have very long continuing problems in the life and they make me depressed and nervious. Working/playing this game simply makes me mad very fast. It's just not for me or not for my current state. Even key binding is done by idiots or/and to make gameplay much harder. I don't want to attach gamepad, but guess right and left directional and action keys swapped for greater experience.
I had no clue about the rough times bud, really sorry to hear that and like others are saying it, you're not obligated to do anything. If the game is having bad effects on you, then ignore it. If a time ever comes where you feel more comfortable with it, it's still always there and people who admire your work can wait until the time is best for you, if it ever comes.

Also, I had no idea you were playing with mouse and keyboard, that explains a lot, the M&KB controls really aren't great! I totally understand the frustration with the game, I tried playing M&KB a while but compared to controller it really just doesn't feel right.

I hope things start looking up, until then, do whatever is right for you. The gaming community can be a volatile bunch, but there are always gonna be some sympathetic people here.

ENBSeries wrote:Folks, i have very long continuing problems in the life and they make me depressed and nervious. Working/playing this game simply makes me mad very fast. It's just not for me or not for my current state. Even key binding is done by idiots or/and to make gameplay much harder. I don't want to attach gamepad, but guess right and left directional and action keys swapped for greater experience.
The person who wrote the Mouse/Keyboard setup should quit gaming for life.
But from a development perspective the Souls series were never designed for KB/M.

Long time ENB user and fan here just popping in to give my 2 cents on Dark Souls 2 with ENB

Simply put, it's amazing beyond all reason. It brings so much graphical depth and flair (especially after turning on lens flares!!) that I couldn't imagine playing DS 2 without it.

Just today I accomplished beating Ruin Sentinel in Lost Bastille after multiple deaths, and multiple attempts at summoning people to help me, when we pulled it off a coordinated team it was just smashing! Especially with my lightning bolts giving off tons of lens flares xD

I'd also like to show off a small collection of screenshots utilizing ENB :) > http://imgur.com/jHYCCTm,yAfApwT,L5r8xL ... ,fvDZve8#0

I don't know if this will make anything any better. But your development of the Dark Souls 2 ENB was appreciated by a lot of the community. I know it isn't your job to fix something that the developers should have, but that's what's so great about PC gaming. If you don't like something you can improve it. Fix it. Which is what your ENB did for Dark Souls' graphics.
You don't have to carry on development. You owe us nothing. But it would make a lot of people happy :)

LittleBigAlex in my opinion your post haven't made something better,maybe worse. First this single guy asked from us to respect his decision,something that many of you haven't.If you think that lot of people will be happy if Boris continue to update his mod for this game then those people have serious problems and they should go to see a doctor.

I won't write it again because most of you will start to dislike me so please excuse me for this last-time post ... stop saying the same $h!t all the time...your "enthusiasm" leads to the opposite "effect". Boris wrote that maybe he will update it SILENTLY,so move on other things is my suggestion and if any update come will be fine,if not AGAIN will be fine.Move on..or just keep giving feedback to each other but Boris(unless you are pretty sure that you "cracked" the cause of any visual issue and you know how to "speak" in code language).

It's not so hard as it seems,for me at least.

spanian77 wrote:LittleBigAlex in my opinion your post haven't made something better,maybe worse. First this single guy asked from us to respect his decision,something that many of you haven't.If you think that lot of people will be happy if Boris continue to update his mod for this game then those people have serious problems and they should go to see a doctor.

I won't write it again because most of you will start to dislike me so please excuse me for this last-time post ... stop saying the same $h!t all the time...your "enthusiasm" leads to the opposite "effect". Boris wrote that maybe he will update it SILENTLY,so move on other things is my suggestion and if any update come will be fine,if not AGAIN will be fine.Move on..or just keep giving feedback to each other but Boris(unless you are pretty sure that you "cracked" the cause of any visual issue and you know how to "speak" in code language).

It's not so hard as it seems,for me at least.
Okay.

Для меня как раз тоже так было.
Самое трудное это начало. Когда у тебя слабый персонаж, нет хорошего снаряжения, ты не знаешь механику, поведение мобов... Хотелось просто выключить игру нафиг. Но потом все как-то само собой начало получаться: я понял как двигаются противники, узнал их расположение, нашел кое-какие хорошие вещи, прокачал оружие, персонажа... и понеслась. Реально получаешь удовольствие. Игра на самом деле обалденная.

Прошел я её на геймпаде, но позже перешел на клавиатуру.
Управление вот такое сделал. Удобно на мой взгляд.

Скрины
http://i55.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/cc/ ... 6d83cc.jpg
http://i56.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/d3/ ... 3a14d3.jpg

===============================
===============================

http://i55.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/a5/ ... c293a5.jpg
http://i55.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/2b/ ... 13fe2b.jpg
http://i56.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/24/ ... 09fd24.jpg
http://i56.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/9f/ ... 45749f.jpg
http://i56.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0504/88/ ... 5cb988.jpg

WASD - движение
1234 - переключение оружия, предметов
E - действие
Q - использование Эстуса или предметов
F - захват цели (lock)
R - взять оружие в обе руки, переключить действие (чтобы поджигать факел у костра например)
Пробел - бег, кувырок, скольжение по лестнице
Shift - прыжок во время бега
Tab - ходьба
Стрелочки - для навигации в меню распределения навыков
T - выбор жестов

Но все равно придется привыкнуть для закрытия менюшек инвентаря кликать ЛКМ на пустом месте, хотя её(функцию "назад") вообще-то можно назначить например на Ctrl. Ну я уже привык. Так даже проще.

PS. Если не хочешь заморачиваться. Можешь глянуть прохождение.
Вот - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... Zkz2tzOlgL
Может он и не производит впечатление супер крутого Ютубера, но рассказывает действительно толково. Много чего поясняет, хотя делает это иногда слегка сумбурно.
Правда в этот раз играет магом. А им наверное сложнее будет поначалу, зато потом очень легко.
Но лично я проходил воином с мечом и щитом. Победил рыцаря Хейда под деревом в Лесу Гигантов, взял его меч и начал качать.
Затем добавил себе силы, ловкости, немного здоровья, выносливости и всё стало на порядок легче. Можно веру ещё прокачивать, урон от молний у меча Хейда станет еще больше.

*master*

can someone please explain in idiot terms the colour section of enbeffect.fx ?

Like, how do I desaturate profile 3? How do I adjust the contrast in profile 4? Or am I just not meant to?

what differences are there between them, I can see 3 has a more contrast look, but once you set them to the same colours and brightness , why have 4 different ones?

Why, when I set the min/max values for the HDR to the same number does it still "breathe" in bright and dark areas?

thanks