Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

The Souls games are kinda of a love or hate thing.
If you don´t spend some hours in it you will always hate it since is a very punishing game.
Boris reaction is very understandable.

At least we got a 0.257 version.
My only issue is the AO in some areas.
But still with 0.257 DSII is looking great!
There is a lot that can be achieve with this version.

I never expected a ENB for a Dark Souls game so for that I´m grateful.

Welp, that's it I guess.

Thanks anyway, not only for the DaS2 mod, but for your work on ENB in its entirety - let's not forget Boris is doing this completely free of charge, and goes to great extends to please us greedy consumers.

There's a weapon durability bug on PC. For some reason, the weapons break earlier than they should.
Don't give up, the game is fun.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, even if development has stopped, just because I've noticed and want this confirmed: I think it's not the helmets, but the characters eyes in some way or another. If I use the freecam, I get AO when the character is in the shot, but if I take out just her head, the AO disappears. Even if the rest of the character is still there. I've only discovered this yesterday in the Belfry Sol area. I've yet to test it elsewhere.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

It's not always the case. Sometimes you can freecam your char completely out of the frame and it still has the AO. It's weird...
Sometimes even I get the closed helmet bug and sometimes I don't. Totally inconsistent but there must be something that's causing it.

It also does it if you roll or zoom with a bow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyMHhM3BAo0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf1vH39H3Zw
But when the arrows hit a hard surface that causes a spark, the AO comes back for a split second.

My Flickr for all things flickry

wickfut wrote:I don't get that problem with AO when I roll.
You have to do it in the exact spot on the video.

*master*

Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway now. It isn't going to be fixed. Turn off AO and force it via nVidia settings :)

Guys (and especially CyberP ) can you give this guy a rest ?

I am not Boris ,yet reading all of your posts made me like this game less.Use logic (tactic if you prefer) , Boris've tried so many things and to tell you the truth I am strongly amazed with his patience with this game due to his well..known unique response when frenzy( when gets angry).Can't you see that you make this worse or not?

If HE wants to give this shit a second try HE will,just stop messing with his(and few others,like me) mental health.

Don't get offended with my post, just try to think and be reasonable.

@ all of you with AO on/off "issue" ....

READ this carefully,it happens with no particular/regular reason OR if you prefer it happens due to many things,sudden change of overall screen lighting,sudden change of overall screen brightness/darkness,slightly moving view angle,it happens and you have to imagine that ther is no "simple" fix for it.
Try to play the game without thinking ALL the time about it,you make this worse than it is..

If you prefer do what Wickfut wrote,but I'd rather play it without ENB if it's featured AO is not there.IMO ENB's AO is visually the best,even with it's SMALL issue.

Last words..move on,don't get stuck for a fading game..

wickfut wrote:Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway now. It isn't going to be fixed. Turn off AO and force it via nVidia settings :)
You can't control the strength of it, meaning there is virtually no difference from vanilla.